1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's lucky that the Scottish Cup final was delayed until December. He keeps falling back on "we've just won another treble a month ago".

7 wins in 22 is enough to get 11 out of 12 managers in this league sacked.

littlekennie and Hammy89 like this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye 100% even if he had his rant and then players were sold you could maybe state a case for him but to sell nobody then act as if it never happened is madness

JamesM09 and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

We never won a treble one month ago. We won it last season but had to play 2 cup games this season. Plus you can’t go on about playing well v Rangers in a game we lost forever.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

He actually doubled down the next morning and played the exact same player's in our next game..

Unfuckinbelievable..

James likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s not giving them enough information because he’s not qualified to do so and probably can’t be arsed doesn’t believe in that type of management but still believes he can play a 4231 with out any form of tactics or shape continues to play zonal marking when it’s ovb they do t work on it because the players look confused to *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesM09 and James like this.
  6. Henke102

Why is he not getting sacked?

I think in October/November when results were leaning towards getting rid of him, the board decided to dig in and hope for the results to turn, and give him the chance to see out the Scottish cup final. I don't believe they sent the feelers out to MON and Strachan, or anyone else around this time, which has been suggested.

Hoping for the huns to drop points, and our results to improve as we came into a slight bit of form, and a win at Ibrox would bring the momentum to us, even if only temporary. If results kept going our way, and we won our games in hand it would have made the end game of the league interesting.

For me, the league was lost after the first old firm game. Huns came in relatively organised, played as a unit and have a coaching staff who can set up a team and make the tactical changes needed. Sadly, I feel no lessons were learnt after Gerrard etc got the victory last New Year at Parkhead which is criminal from NL. We were on the back foot ever since.

League is now done, and we are facing a "dead" 4 months or so of fixtures. Unless the board outline a plan of action at end of season such as a new well-recruited manager and board room changes, I can't see any other outcome than ST sales dropping rapidly.

We need some sort of comms from the PLC, as much as they need to update the fans to protect revenue. Next season is going to be ropey again with covid and social distancing re. getting bodies into stadiums. Huns are guaranteed max ST sales after a title win alongside CL money, it puts them on a steadier financial footing. We need action fast.

7. murphy88

Remember after the Ross County defeat he spoke about players not being fit and it had been that way for a long time. Well you're the * manager Neil pal. He seems to forget he is in control a lot of the time.

JamesM09 likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Correct. I'm positive that he doesn't believe what he's saying either.

What we did in season 2011/12 is irrelevant to current conversation and he knows it.

He's like the Captain of the Titanic just after it's into the iceberg, telling everyone to calm down, "Of course we'll be safe on here, we've sailed the last few thousands miles to this point, haven't we?"

That Captain went down with his ship too.

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's completely lost. He's made it clear it's not his decision. Personally, I think he'll be relieved if sacked.

Just not going to do it himself.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Even that was the most unconvincing of the last X amount of trophies

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye.

You look at the three finals since he came back. Needed penalties against a Championship team, the other final against Hearts was when they got relegated and we needed a late goal to win 2-1. And then one against the huns where, really, they should have battered us.

None of them have been remotely convincing.

12. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Thats up there with Pedro Caixinha's caravan

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

If I read I've won 5 out 6 trophies again :31:

He has said in almost every interview he has given

14. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Go * yourself. Petulant, unprofessional *. Amazing that a guy who was given such great service to the club over the course of 2 decades can burn through the credit he had in the back in the space of 6 months.

15. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Can't believe he's trying to claim the league won by Rodgers as his own.

The only convincing trophy he's won since he was interim and then full manager was last season's league title after the Huns' customary meltdown.

Despite having the best squad in the country he's made hard work of everything.

The Scottish Cup final 2019 - dreadful game against Hearts but thankfully won 2-1.
    The league 2019 for 8iar - had an 8 point lead when Rodgers walked out, some absolutely horrific games only rescued by late winners v Hearts, 10 man Sevco and Dundee.
    League Cup 2019 - completely outplayed by the scum but saved by Fraser Forster
    Scottish Cup 2020 - * away 2-0 lead against championship club, had to sneak it on a penalty lottery.

* up CL qualification despite being seeded in every round against teams with barely a third of our budget. Costing us 60million in the process.

A complete dumpling of a manager.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know a lot of people are saying “ we won’t come first but we won’t be third either “, way we are going and still to play teams like Aberdeen 3 times Huns twice 6 points ahead in second place we’ve shown are capable of drawing with Livingston hibs St Johnstone at home , we lost 2-0 at home to Ross county so as much as we are favourites for 2nd at the moment it’s certainly not guaranteed especially on this form

Breathnach67 likes this.
  18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    3rd mightn’t be guaranteed if we don’t wise the * up.

seanm likes this.
  19. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Wow! Digging me out after 2days im flattered sweetheart must be nice to escape reality on here. Have a wee look and you'll see my views said lennon should be sacked but greeting about it on here does * all imo

seanm likes this.
  20. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Only reason we're not 3rd is because teams below us are just as pish as us, if one of them could string results together they'd be 2nd easily.

seanm, Lewis Kerr and Artorias like this.