1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

He's been * schooled by a novice in slippy oh has a * game plan I saw what they were trying to do after 20 mins in the last Derby .
    Everyone bar Lennon could see it and it needed sorted but he came out with the same * team at half time and slippy knew he had the game won and with Lennon in charge we may as well not play the other three games and give them the * points as there's only one outcome .

Sonic Reducer and Artorias like this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You're a supporter as much as anyone else mate.

The club gains through our engagement with the club be that directly financial - season tickets, merch, Celtic TV or indirectly financial - sponsorship deals, advertising, broadcasting deals.

There's no tiers of supporters, we're all in this to see Celtic be the best we can.

Xatraps, freitassen, Moore and 6 others like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Same, not because I think he's signed bad players but because I think it will have no material impact on how we play.

Under new coaching I suspect the likes of Ajeti, Barkas, Turnbull, Laxalt, Moi will show their qualities far more consistently.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Dont quite think you can directly attribute any of the signings to Lennon alone. He might have input, but the scouting, finances, negotiations would have had more.

The past showed what players Rodgers wanted and we were getting the likes of Shved and arzani. We were heavy with wingers and not replacing the likes of Boyata and Jozo.

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think a few opposition managers have got us sussed now, especially in Europe. Long high balls behind our defence resulting in blind panic, getting their players back into shape defensively quickly as they know we will * about with the ball at the back, and overrun our midfield etc. Slippy isn't some sort of tactical genius as it's pretty basic stuff but it'sbasic stuff that NL can't deal with.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not even going to watch it any more.

"one bad game, players have been asked whats wrong. I have full backing from club. Players lounges, we need to help them. We will need to go on a run, the fans need to relax and stop being critical. Players doing their best"

About right?

8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    never thought of it like that , yes I am easy to buy for on birthday and Christmas , still get the shirts and stuff from the club shop . Birthday Christmas Eve then Christmas Day so I do well .

Jeannie960 and Seán Mac D like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Neither Shved nor Arzani were the rat's signings, his comments on both make that clear.

I suspect there are other things at play like Hammond and Lawwell's involvement, perhaps a return to something similar to our signing panel of Lawwell, Lennon & Park where a player was signed by majority verdict, even if the manager was the one to disagree.

All that aside his signings in both spells are better than the rat's by a distance z he just doesn't have the tactical nous to piece that together to take us onto another level on the pitch.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Then by every way I can see it, you are an equal supporter to me, you, him, her, us all.

Don't doubt your support man, it is real and it is part of Celtic.

Scotia likes this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah totally agree.. we have enough talent in our squad with the correct coaching and management..

Also as someone else has eluded to our managers clearly doent have full control of transfers so absolute no point buying someone for Lennon to train and then sit on the bench..

Its also a disgrace the amount of game time the likes of Klimala, Soro, Griff, Turnball, O Connell Henderson, Shved shipped out etc have seen this season..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  12. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

* that. I don't go to half as many games as I used to, 2 young kids seen to that. I spend a fortune every year on them through merchandise or sports channels, it doesn't make me less a fan.
    Everyone has a right to be hurt and raging.

Xatraps, Ewang83 and Scotia like this.
  13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    As I say, mate, while there is plenty we still disagree on (for example, I still think he did an excellent job for a season and a half), I have finally realised that he's totally lost it this season (the first Prague game was when the scales fell). A lot of what he's saying makes very, very little sense at the moment and, like you, I don't think he can turn it around in time to save the 10. I think the board should pay a one-off fee to the best available manager who is out of work and say: "Maybe the SPL isn't where you want to be for a normal contract, but here's an 8-month contract on EPL wages to come and make history while earning a lot of money for a short-term contract. Your brief is just to win the league and overhaul our coaching system."

If that person says no, we move to the second-best person not currently employed and so on until someone says yes. I'm talking genuine ambition, like Benitez or someone. We should be doing this right now, because soon it will be too late. Meanwhile, we look for the right guy to take over long-term next summer.
    I imagine this is not a million miles from what you think we should be doing, right?

Where I disagree with a lot of people is that I see other explanations than contempt for Lenny's current incoherence. Hey, I got Brendan Rodgers wrong and didn't see who he was until the day he left, but I genuinely, genuinely can't imagine Neil Lennon as that sort of man. If events prove me wrong later and I have to eat humble pie again, so be it; but for now, I just don't see it.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's such a painful year for everyone even apart from what's happening with Celtic. Several times this year, I have had to take a break of a few days from this forum (and social media) for the sake (genuinely) of my mental health. I know I'm not alone in that.

15. StevieBhoooy!

white noise ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Yeh. Used to be.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Don't know what he's at. We were very consistent this season. Consistently bad. With about 3 OK-ish games. Now he will set them targets xD. Clueless, isn't he?

18. Onefootwonder

He's had consistency all season.

Consistently *.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

“setting players targets”.

We aren’t fighting relegation ffs.

20. ddub11

Roy Kean is a crap manager......what is it that you see that makes ye think he could do a job for us?

Is it really you think he would frighten our team into action?mate keans rubbish,hes a mouth piece who failed in managment and even as mon assistant he was useless he done nothing.

Yes we need a motivator but also someone who has tactical awareness and who can put their arm around a player and talk to him,not someone who just screams and shouts at players because they cant do what he used to do,kean was a great player but thats where his talent ends.