1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon: "fans let us down"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sween, Dec 16, 2011.

Discuss Neil Lennon: "fans let us down" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete0301

Spot on mate.

2. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Keep this on topic lads please.

3. Jhaf Gold Member Gold Member

:50::50::50:

4. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Easy said by two guys who live in Glasgow, and for the record I'm a great admirer of the GB and what they bring to the stadium. However the banner was a mindless act that could only have the outcome we are now faced with.I'm still not sure of the GB were responsible or a few of them who set out their own agenda.

5. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i dont know who posted the banner but to be honest who cares ?? all that matters is they were wrong and have brought our club more trouble like the halfwits who cat sing a song without mentioning the ira. Times have changed and things that were allowed to slide are no longer and we have to change with the times. I have no time for people who say ah we have done it for years as thats nonsense all thats important is we draw no more attention to the club and hopefully we can repair our reputation

6. pete0301

No one was criticising people for not going to games. It's just that people come up with mad opinions based on media reports and just two of their hundreds of banners across the last few years (poppy & f*** uefa). You can clearly tell that they do not really have a clue what the GB are really like and what they have done for Celtic park.

As for your opinion on the banner, who among the Celtic support hasn't sang "F***the SFA"? No one was greeting about that, talk about over reactions.

7. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Actually we are not in recession and haven't been for a long time. The point is even more valid in these times of economic hardship when living standards are taking a battering, why are we paying more now to watch a poorer standard of player than we did 5 of 6 years ago? People thought they got value for money when we had Larsson, Sutton, Petrov, Moravcik and Hartson but now I think most feel its overpriced.

It is a relevant comparison considering when the prices went up the standard and wages on the park increased, now they have decreased along with household incomes yet prices aren't likely to go down. I'm not saying there isn't some decent players currently but even the best of them would struggle to get into MON's team only Izaguire would be of the right quality.

It is true that any fans putting money into the club should be treated with a bit of respect and loyalty, but that is in short supply at the moment.

8. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

9. smithy18

cat123 remember mon had about 20-25 million to spend in his first season which no manager since has had so obviously the standard will fall when you have to look at less established player for less money

10. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Completely agree.

11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry

Thread Status: