1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HectorTheTaxman, Aug 23, 2012.

Discuss MMA Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Yeah watched it again and Conor definitely won that fight. It seems to alot of people that the second round was the decider and Conor dominated the round up until the last 90 seconds when he got tired.

2. Nasser

Cowboy really hates Conor you can see that after the Diaz fight I wonder if we will see that fight at some stage, that be quality especially as Cowboy wants to come down in weight so might happen in the future.

3. This Charming Man

Although I think Conor won I can see an argument for Nate Diaz maybe clinching the fight. To say that Diaz was robbed however is a different story, in no way did Diaz convincing win this fight. Like most, I thought McGregor had rounds 1,2 & 4.

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He dropped him with relative ease though, and this is a heavier, stronger Diaz. Conor swears Diaz was at least 190 in there last night. He's gonna be a lot lighter in next fight. Which increases chances of ko.
    Even if he doesn't, i see Conor winning in a one sided fight.

5. Nasser

Dunno about relative ease they were just good shots, Diaz is such a warrior he is one of the few fighters that can be even more dangerous when he is hurt. When Diaz was on the ground he looked at Conor to entice Conor to rush towards him which Conor wanted no part of which was the right option. The last round when Diaz finally got Conor down and started ground pound I think if that had happened earlier in the fight Diaz could have won it there. Conor won that fight no question but it was a war and I don't see any reason for Conor just to walk the next fight I personally think it will be like this fight.

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The opinion that Diaz won is a completely valid one, as is Conor winning, as is a draw. It was a very close fight that could've gone either way and any cries of robbery from either camp or fans are just sour grapes.

I personally have Diaz 3 rounds and thought he came closest to stopping the fight, but I have no problem with anyone giving Conor 3.

7. Darnok

Diaz is acting like such a * after this fight.

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It depends what people like more though, personally I felt Diaz hurt Conor more in those last 90 seconds than Conor hurt Diaz in the 3.5 minutes before hand, and I always score professional pre fights like that. Like in boxing if one guy was controlling the round, but then got caught with a big shot and staggered, was holding on towards the end I would give the round to the guy who did the damage.

Incidentally, took a look on sherdog and most don't think Conor won the fight. Shows how close it really was.

9. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

A couple of them weren't particular power shots though, and one was a simple slip and counter. I don't mean 'easy' as in Diaz is * etc, just that Conor done it with ease. If he could put him down 3 times at 170 or whatever he actually weighed, there's no reason why he can't do it 5 times at 155. If that makes sense :smiley-laughing002:
    I agree, Conor made the right decision not engaging on the ground, and also agree Conor would have likely been stopped had Diaz gotten him down earlier.
    Only way McGregor can beat him is through striking, imo.

10. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I have to say as a Diaz fan, i am disappointed at his performance. I know he was facing a tough opponent and his leg was getting beat up, as was his face, but i didnt see a spark from him.

He toughed it out on guts for me, but didnt fight well. He was unfortunate he had his chances too late on in the rounds, but he still didnt seem sharp. Id have thought he would have gone straight into attack mode at the start of the following rounds to the ones he finished strongly in, but he didnt.

CM definitely won, but i dont even think he was at the top of his game either.

11. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Wasn't even close.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It was very close.

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry but you're wrong. Watch the fight back. McGregor won 1, 2 and 4 quite clearly.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sherdog is full of raving lunatics who despise Conor McGregor :smiley-laughing002:

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure I seen that they never gave round one 10-8, but scored Diaz a 10-8 later on. Ridiculous :smiley-laughing002:

16. This Charming Man

What's he saying?

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    This place is very much in favour of McGregor though, let's not pretend otherwise. He was touted as the GOAT here after all.

It's a subjective scoring sport so I can't really be wrong. The only thing that I would say is incorrect is saying the fight wasn't close. It was exceptionally close and like I said I have no problem with people scoring it for McGregor.

18. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As a Diaz fan, he didn't win it was either a draw or McGregor win. Not to say the fight was really close and either could have lost at a few points in the fight.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

This place is pretty 50/50 and people on here are infinitely more reasonable than people on sherdog where most of the discussion is "LOL TL;DR" with maybe a picture of Diaz with the RNC on Conor for good measure.

The fight was very close and it was the best fight ever imo, but that doesn't mean it was a close decision. Conor won round 1 and 4 without question. People then question round 2. Well.. Conor dropped Nate twice in that round and completely dominated until the final 90 seconds. Clearly Conor's round and yore just being ridiculous if you continue to argue that Nate did enough in those 90 seconds to win the round. All 3 judges rightly gave that round to Conor.

The only thing wrong with the judging last night was one judge giving round 3 a 10-8 to Nate and no judges giving Conor a 10-8 for round 1.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Great fight, don't think McGregor was ever in trouble other than the judges seeing loads of punches with nothing behind them clocking up in rounds.

The first was a 10-8, he won the 2nd and the 4th clearly. Diaz won the 3rd and the 5th. The judge that called the 3rd a 10-8 is an idiot.

Diaz is as tough as they come, he looked like he had been in a car crash. He can't keep fighting like that though without it having long term effects on his health.