1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How many goals have we conceded with Lustig playing this season? Must be most of our GA if he's so bad every team targets him?

Is it possible his injuries weren't hamstings but smaller issues in the same region? I just can't see any player being so obvious and the manager still picking him.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    * off fans no more than managers and medical staff mate, did you not know?

It’s like that time Charlie Mulgrew ‘refused to play’ and the club helped him cover it up by treating his 4 month ‘injury’:fear:

3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56:

I miss big Chico, too much a Tim to refuse to play but if even our physios can't get him back from injury within a week then he must've been past it.

4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Lustig played in 27 league games
    we conceded 12 goals in those games

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Many did we concede in league all season 19 goals?

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is not evidence.

You see, it's all just a story your telling yourself based on the obvious fact that he struggles to finish certain games. That's not a criticism, that's just how human minds work when we are not carefully and self-consciously applying formal reasoning procedures, such as statistical analysis or the scientific method. The problem is that other people are telling themselves different stories.

So you are telling yourself a story about a declining athlete who can't hack it anymore and fakes injury like a coward every time he is getting his * handed to him. I am telling myself a story about a declining athlete who was a fantastic player in his day, has a great attitude, really gets this club and always was made of glass to a certain extent who is doing his best.

We tend to form our stories based on our previous experiences and no doubt you have good reasons for yours; but that won't help you convince anyone else who hasn't shared those experiences. So we can either go round and round in circles (as happens so often on forums like this) or you can provide evidence for your story being closer to reality than mine.

Listing times he's been under severe pressure, gone off injured and been OK for the next game doesn't cut it, I'm afraid; because for each one you provide, I can provide examples from earlier in his career when he was playing really well and the same thing happened (the night we beat Barça being the best example, but there are others, I'll quote a few below).

So can you provide any actual evidence? I'm sorry to be a bit of a * about this, you do come across as a decent guy; but you are accusing one of my favourite players of being a pathetic coward and it is hard for me not to be a bit arsey in defending him (I genuinely am trying not to be).

A few examples:

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: * * RR, * *'s bells that is brilliant :rofl:

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MIKAEL LUSTIG is expected to decide on his Celtic future this week.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon wants to tie the Swedish defender down on a new deal.

But Lustig, 32, is also considering offers from Malmo, AIK Stockholm and other European clubs.

The experienced full-back is due to face Spain on Monday night in a Euro 2020 qualifier.

Lustig will then finally make a call on his future once his international commitments are over.

The versatile defender has been at Celtic since January 2012 and is currently vice-captain

Lennon is keen to keep one of the most popular members of the Hoops dressing-room.

But Lustig knows he is unlikely to be first-choice and that could influence his decision.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hopefully he turns it down and goes back to Sweden. At least that will force us to be serious about the right back position.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Heard his Mrs wants to go home.

Blochairnbhoy and packybhoy like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ok I probably shouldn't have asked because that doesn't look good. I probably should have asked how many of the goals conceded came down our right?

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely worth quoting.

15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye Josephine can take a downer now and again. Must be hard to bring up a young family in a different country. I follow both on Instagram and she has been back there a fair bit of the year putting money into their Swedish home and overseeing it. She has also taken a big interest in photography and is very good, so I half expected she wanted home. The kids are young and probably wants them settled for school in Sweden. Absolutely love the man and his wee family. Good luck to him whatever he does.

16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I told you he only started this play acting of being injured the past 2-3 seasons, so stop mentioning the barcelona game. Anyway Random Review you win, he's class sign him up for the 10 even if he does fake injuries and can't run anymore.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think that we agree that he is no longer good enough to be our first choice RB. Let's look forward to the future now. We need a new first choice RB and Ralston needs to be developed if he is to have any chance of making it.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Being injured and looking for an easy way out as you're done, are two different thing's. He's done it at the same ground twice this season when it's been tough..

Funny how he hasn't done it when we've been doing them. It's been beach ball's and polis hat's..

If you want evidence of him feigning injury then he has done it numerous time's this season alone. Goes down hand in the air looking like he's broke his leg and needs a stretcher....then miraculously get's up and plays on..

A player "declining" at his rate should respectfully be shown the door..

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

In the league? Not sure.

But I do know 2 of the 3 goals we conceded against AEK came from his side because he's too slow to prevent crosses.

I get that people will defend him because we all love the guy. But it's just getting silly. He's clearly our biggest weakness and we've already seen and heard that teams target our right side because it's so obviously our weakness.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Only way I will accept him signing that contract as a positive is if he's been told he will be a backup, and his experience is the reason we're keeping him around. If Lennon thinks he should remain as first choice then he's living in dreamland.