1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kris_bhoy_1916

A poor game but it was his first for us anf he is just back from injury as well, give him time.

2. smithy18

open your eyes mate. up until the og which was more down to lustig letting gavin rae get a run on him he was one of the best performers and played and almost inch perfect pass to hooper that the defender just got the slightest of touches on to knock it over or else it was a goal. he also made some great passes down the channels and put in some very good challenges

3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Everyone has pointed out it was his first game but he doesn't look like a player to me. Awkward is the only word I can think of.
    Blackman struggled as well but he at least looks more like a player.
    Both will struggle for first team action based on today.

4. Heb Celt

When was the last time a new signing had an outstanding debut,need to give the Bhoys time to settle.

5. gunt

He lost the ball a lot and he didnt defend the left side at all. He looks more technical than Lustig but I can see Lustig fitting into SPL football better. Still think Mathews and a fit Mark Wilson are our best options though.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Probably Juarez who then hardly got a kick afterwards.

7. smithy18

he did defend the left side he made some great tackles the stand out one being on fyvie. a agree he got caught out sometimes but every full back gets caught out when you have a team that just lob the ball up the park, we need to remember he is still a very young lad who hasn't played a lot of football in the last year or something and is going to be very rusty at 1st team level. a think the criticism that has been aimed at him is over the top and completely uncalled for because it is quite clear he has the talent and he has the attitude to succeed, the fact that at the age of 21 he packed a suitcase and came up to glasgow with nothing and earned himself a deal proves this. yesterday he was very brave in the way he played he was willing to take the ball and try and play when he could quite easily have been conservative and rested on his laurels.

8. The The Hand

I think we've seen enough to know he's not going to cut it here. :38:

Satire alert. :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
  9. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    I thought he was poor to mediocre but I guess its not his fault as I felt that Neil shouldnt have changed both of them at the back.

10. Heb Celt

Its funny that eh,Emirates Cup?He was brilliant in that MOTM,thought we unearthed a gem aswell.

11. monthehoops1888

He hasnt been playing much football the guy needs time,played on a day when the whole team didnt play well.....

12. Dirk_Diggler

smart * :40:

13. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The guy was an ever present for Rosenborg who are a decent team and is also 1st choice RB for Sweden so i'd be surprised if he didn't turn out to be at least a decent player. Only once he's up to full fitness and has had a run in the side can he really be judged.

14. CelticFC1967

Thought he had a poor game - can't believe people on here are having a go at folk for saying he had a bad game as if that's them writing him off as a player - He did have a poor game, he was horribly exposed at their goal and his positioning was poor. By being honest about his performance, it doesn't mean that I think he won't cut it etc.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I thought he was all right, not exactly pish. Got himself in some good positions, would suit a wider pitch.

16. nfg3001

Give the lad a break, it was his first game of football for the club and he had only returned from injury. He didn't do much wrong. Cast your minds back to 1997, how many of us criticised a certain Swedish man that day? Things turned out alright with him

17. CelticFC1967

This is my point exactly - why can't people criticise his performance. It was a poor performance - it doesn't mean people are writing him off or slating him - everyone knows he has potential, 25 caps etc, and understands he hasn't played for a while but the question was how we thought he performed.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Didn't impress me much but it wasn't the easiest of games to make your debut in. Wasn't a fan of how often he seemed to just hoof the ball forward. Suppose we can't judge him on that one game.

19. nfg3001

Its perfectly natural to criticise his performance but there are numerous people on the forum writing him off and slating him. Have a look at yesterdays match thread.

20. CelticFC1967

Match threads shouldn't be judged, heat of the moment.