1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And yet Forrest should have scored from an excellent drag back of his and he offered him space to go forward all night. He was far from the issue tonight.

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Epitomises the sidewards backwards *. Just far too slow in everything he does going forward.

Crilly likes this.
  3. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    He didn't have a terrible game but far from the levels we should be aiming for.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Brown will celebrate over 10 years at Celtic with a testimonial in May against the Republic of Ireland at Paradise.

The Celtic captain is the longest-serving player in the team, closely followed by James Forrest. Mikael Lustig is the third longest-serving current player in the squad and has been a Celt now for over six years now, having joined in January 2012.

The Swedish defender admits Celtic feels like home to him and says he would be honoured if he, too, could one day celebrate a decade in the Hoops.

“I’ve always felt welcome here and I always want to play for Celtic, but the older you get you need to take one year at a time,” Lustig told this week’s Celtic View. “I have two more seasons before my contract expires so we’ll see what happens but, of course, I want to stay at Celtic for as long as possible.

“We never think too far ahead, we take things game by game and season by season, but I’d love to be here if Celtic get 10-in-a-row.”

Lustig has been back in the Celtic squad since the return to domestic action following the international break, having missed out on the recent 3-2 victory over Rangers at Ibrox due to suspension.

Instead, the Hoops defender was a spectator at Ibrox, joining joined some of his other team-mates in the Broomloan Road Stand to cheer on the team, along with 8,000 Celtic fans.

“It was an amazing game and watching it in the stands makes you feel like a fan,” he said. “That’s not something we usually do. It’s only really when we play at Ibrox. It was a special occasion and sitting in amongst the fans is the best place to be when you can’t play.

“We waited until the game started and then went to our seats, so everyone was focused on the game. It’s special to go there and you see what the Celtic supporters are going through in the game.

“There are a lot of ups and a lot of downs as well. It was quite tough mentally but it was an amazing game.

“The fans give such incredible support and when the third goal went in everyone went nuts. With us down to 10 men and then Edouard’s goal, it was a perfect end to the game.”

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Lecs

I would be happier with him playing CB.. anything to get Boyata off the pitch. His legs are gone, he runs like he has shin splints. Imperative that we sign a RB who is starting 11 quality. The Gamboa situation is * me off, we only have Lustig now as Ralston has been loaned out, * mental.

6. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    If he wants to be here for 10 in a row then hes probably better off buying a season ticket.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Harsh. :56:

8. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Truth hurts sometimes :giggle1:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:43:

Mark Wilson when fit was a brilliant player for us.

packybhoy and emmetf like this.
  11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    :56::56:

I bet he's one of the most liked in the team. Daft *.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Best dancer at the club apparently.

13. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Something to be proud of :57:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You know it.

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

That’s why it’s daft when * say just cast him out and get rid of him. He’s one of the most influential players behind the scenes, Broonys second in command.

Might not have the legs to be a first 11 anymore but he’s more passionate about Celtic than half the Scottish boys.

freederry20 likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ML on preparing for #CELRAN: "We feel good. The last couple of times playing at Hampden, we played good football and won the games so we're looking forward to it."

ML on winning the treble: "Last season was amazing. I've been here for over 6 years and of course every season you want to win the treble but it's been really hard. To have the chance to do it two years in a row is incredible."

ML on maintaining focus: "Our strength is always to see one game at a time. We're going to do the same and hopefully we can do it."

ML: "We're here to do our talking on the pitch. We've done it so far and hopefully we can do it again."

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    1st goalscorer tomorrow.

Bedlam on here.

20. TheHappyLoss

He's just a lovely guy and Celtic daft. Be great to see a big performance from him tomorrow. Got a lot of stick this season and he has been a bit ropey but he's done so much for the club over the years

bagforlife and Liam Scales like this.