1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Guy is 21 and a first team player and probably one of our better players at the moment.

I wouldn’t expect that to be 17/18 years of age sort of development.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He didn't get his first real chance till forced injuries and the team being utter * at the age of 20. His lack of development certainly shows, although he does show good promising signs.
    The fact a guy with about 10 first team games is one of our better players at the back tells it's own story of how * we are this season.
    His game time at this age/season should have been afforded to him 2 years ago. So that now he is coming on 21, he would be an established player in the side, not just making up a part due to how terrible the rest are.

martin_d and The_Bhoy like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I completely disagree with that mate, I think us having a first team CB at 18/19 would be very unusual, same with every big club across the world.

Also can’t see where his ‘lack of development’ has shown. In what way?

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    a promising 18/19 year old should be getting the sort of afforded game time he is eventually getting now - because he deserves it, not because of injuries and how * we are. It's how teams develop all players in their late teens - giving them game time. The circumstances of him being in the team are not the way we should be relying on player development.

He doesn't show much confidence or command, which is normal for younger players of course. Overall he hasn't put much of a foot wrong though and I most certainly hope to see much more of him and see him come on to be a great player.
    I just feel at 20/21 we really should have a better understanding of what kind of player he is and have confidence in him, rather than resorting to him as what seems a last resort.

Anyway, Shved thread, guys seemingly doing alright, as with other players would love to have seen him afforded more of a chance here at appropriate times.

martin_d and carraigbhoy like this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So when we had the likes or Van Dijk here, you would be dropping him for 10 games to give a promising young player a run if 10 games or so?

I think players should be earning their way in, come in when we’re comfortable, see how they’re doing. Then a game here or there to rest older players when needed, and if they force their way in that’s when you know they have the talent and attitude.

I wouldn’t just be dropping guys to give a youngster gametime. We should always have a promising youngster ready to step in over the course of the season.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Of course I wouldn't be dropping Van Dijk for ten games in a row for a 17 year old - but I would be giving the 17 or 18 year old ten games during a season, be it starting or from the bench. Some game time alongside van Dijk or to replace him if we wanted him rested in a cup game against weaker opponents etc.

Literally, this is how you develop players - specially when we have no reserve league.

Waiting till they are 20 and throwing them in to a hun game because everyone else is injured or utter dross is NOT how you develop talent at all.
    By 20 I would want the guy to have had 20-30 games at least under his belt, be it some from the bench.

martin_d likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ahh, we agree then but that’s a different thing than what Welsh is getting just now as a 21 year old.

He’s cemented himself into the first team just now, is one of our better players, we look a lot worse without him defensively and he is being relied upon as a genuine first team player.

That’s a * of a lot different.

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Rodgers brought Ajer through, I did also think how he brought Edouard into the team and giving him game time so that by the end of the season he was a must sign was good too.
    However Mikey was the only one to come through the academy and be part of the team regularly. But just because he chose not to doesn't really excuse the current set up.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ajer and Eddy are right, definitely :50:

10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    On his way back this Summer, will be a huge player next season calling it now, just needs the right manager

Dan Breen and Crilly like this.
  11. celtic warrior

Doubtful he can go on and become a Rogic type impact player.

The way Rogic came out of obscurity to cement his place within the celtic squad for a period is an exception. Doubt we will see Shved do the same.

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I’m willing to give him a chance to come back and try again. Doubtful whether he’ll have the same impact Rogic did for a couple of seasons, but who knows.

Defo a player there, just needs to apply himself better.

Dan Breen and martin_d like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Forgotten man Marian Shved reveals he could return to Celtic in the summer after his successful loan spell in Belgium.

The Ukrainian winger joined the Parkhead club in January 2019 but struggled for game time.

A £2million signing in the latter days of the Brendan Rodgers reign, Shved found communication difficult and made just three substitute appearances last season.

He's spent this season on loan with KV Mechelen in Belgium and won plaudits for his performances, and the 23-year-old believes he could yet carve out a career in Scotland.

Shved said: "At the moment the situation is that I will have to return to Glasgow at the end of the season because I have a contract with Celtic.

What will happen next...I don't know.

Maybe I will stay at Mechelen, perhaps I will move to another club or maybe I will stay with Celtic. The situation will have to be resolved within the next month or so.

Celtic will have a new manager because they recently fired Neil Lennon .

"But we don't know yet who will take his place. Hopefully, I will know soon.

The important thing for me is whether I will play or not. It's the same everywhere, no matter what club you are with.

The important thing for me is whether I will play or not. It's the same everywhere, no matter what club you are with.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye it sounds like he's dying for a second chance :giggle1:

The Dude likes this.
  15. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    In most other countries the ‘reserves’ would be developing through playing in the 2nd string team in a competitive league....but because of the ludicrous decision to do away with the reserve league all the young promising players aren’t getting the opportunity to develop that their peers got.imo it’s harming all of Scottish football and not just our up and coming players

Peej likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Totally agree - even more reason we need to be more progressive in bringing on their development.

If clubs like Barca chasing domestic and continental success can bring on multiple 17 year olds, then I don't see why we can't be more sensible in bringing in 18/19 year olds at this club.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

4 goals in 17 games for them. Not as if he’s tearing it up over in Belgium.

18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    4 goals in 9 starts though, not bad for a winger especially in that league which is much tougher than Scotland overall

gazb1888 likes this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Doesn’t sound like he’s looking forward to it going by that :giggle1:

honda and Hammy89 like this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone