1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luke Mitchell

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by FU Media, May 10, 2007.

Discuss Luke Mitchell in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I am torn on this one, has a lot of similarity to the WM3 case for a while I thought they were innocent till I read the evidence and was convinced then at leas Echols was guilty. This one we don't have all the information, but is he not due to be considered for parole in a few years? A guilty person you could argue would keep quiet and under the radar to enhance the chance of parole but you could counter argue a psychopath would continue the deception.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The tabloid media sticking the fences up this morning.

I’ve never been surer that he never killed her, the entire thing stinks from top to bottom.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  3. Maestro 08

I watched an earlier bbc documentary that cast huge doubts over the conviction plus I did a fair bit of reading up on it a good while back so was already of the view it was an unsafe conviction before watching the ch5 documentary and I agree the documentary was a load of *.

It doesn't take away from the fact that there is absolutely no DNA evidence to link him to the scene, which beggars belief, although there is DNA of others there. Their star witness who claims to have seen him at the path retracted that in court. The search party all changed their statements from their original (most credible). The police made a number of glaring errors through the investigation (proven) and failed to follow other leads. Both him and his mother passed lie detector tests. The passing of that doesn't conclude innocence but for both mother and son to even consider doing them knowing the results were to be printed, good or bad in a national paper is not something you would risk if you were guilty and then for both to pass!

The whole case seems to come back to a police officer or small team having a hunch that he was guilty bcos he was a wrong 'un.

There is far more to say he was innocent than guilty and I challenge anyone who says he's guilty to tell me what evidence proves that? Rather than just thinking the police must have got it right, if that's the case we are all doomed.

4. scootz

Mitchell’s DNA was on Jodi’s body - the prosecution and defence agreed there was no need to debate this point as there was every expectation that his DNA would’ve been present (as they were an intimate couple).

5. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Going to stick this on just now, I can mind the case and he was definitely found guilty by the media in the first weeks of him being a suspect

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Been looking at the alternative side of the evidence rather than just the Ch5 stuff, one thing for me is fairly critical, albeit I'm not an expert.

The injuries the girl sustained were horrendous, when picked up he had dirt etc under his finger nails, how in the * then was there not blood splatter evidence (Dexter) as it looks like he hadn't showered?

cas79 likes this.
  7. scootz

It seems there’s a train of thought that the Defence wasn’t aware of the ‘contentious’ points raised in this documentary. They were!

Donald Findlay may not be particularly popular amongst us, but he’s rightly regarded as one of the best QC’s that this country has produced. That one of the finest legal brains in the country wasn’t able to convince a Jury that these points were ‘contentious’ is telling.

These points were reviewed again during the appeals (no laymen jurors this time, but legal experts instead) - again rejected.

8. scootz

If you’re able to conduct such a brutal murder and then leave the scene unnoticed, then you’re bright enough to clean yourself afterwards and then immediately dirty yourself up again. It would take seconds to fill your nails with fresh muck should you be so inclined.

Mitchell was always ‘grimey’, and he was certainly bright enough to know that it would have been highly unusual for him to be found to be spotlessly clean following the discovery of Jodi’s body.

9. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    they were horrendous injuries thats why you dont hear anything about
    they were really horrendous injuries thats why you never hear about them .eerily similar to oj simpson s late wife nicole simpsons injuries. for those that cant be arsed googling they were both horribly disfigured hit by a blunt object then had their throats cut. thats serial killer * right there. who else is running about doing that unless your a jilted phsycopathic lover that has been told to get to * .strange there has no been any more murders like that with the same MO.make no mistake he is an intelligent killer who educated himself how to pass the lie detector and is using every avenue to get out of prison . ch5 should hang their heads in shame even putting that show out .
    devil personified.

10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I dont have a dog in this fight so dont need to be convinced either way, I'm just curious.
    I didn't know he was jilted, never seen that reported.
    Did he also educate his scary maw on how to pass one too?
    I know they were horrendous injuries, hence the point I made, alluding to the fact with those injuries it would have been a tad tricky to clean it up.
    Maybe it was OJ? You might be on to something.
    Maybe he is an evil genius, a lot of maybes.

Bayern Bru and Maestro 08 like this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

As I just said to the other fella Scootz, I'm not convinced either way.

I'm surprised with the evidence (or lack off) though we never seen that "*" Scottish not proven verdict at the time.

12. Maestro 08

Was he really bright then? skilled in removing microscopic blood spatter from his trainers etc? Also how was he able to get from the crime scene to his home, covered in blood without anyone seeing him in broad daylight. You know the area.

Your issue is ur convinced he murdered her so everything after he must have achieved bcos eh he must have been really smart like etc.

To people on the outside looking in, the chances of a 14 year old boy being able to do this without a single trace of evidence remaining, no sightings of him at all, and passing a lie detector seem highly suspicious. You've yet to tell us of the one piece of evidence that confirms he done this other than they were 'weirdos'. Tbh it sounds like those from the area didn't really like the family and have a bit if a lynch mob mentality against them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2021
    Garrymac1888 and cas79 like this.
  13. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Trail by media and releases by public out cry after a documentary seems to be the new thing since making a murderer, for me the lack of DNA on the suspect is alarming, in the way she was murdered there would be trace at least, add the sis bf having DNA on the body, the used rubber, come on to * I'm not saying he's innocent but there was more evidence against others than him,
    If the series is to be believed

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

14. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I watched this today & not saying he isn't guilty but there is some amount of questions unanswered.

I've seen a couple of posters saying he is definitely guilty but not given reasons why they think that.

Going by the documentary the cops had it in their mind that he was guilty & went after him. This meant they ignored any other suspects which i think is shocking. You seem to see this in a lot of these type of cases when the person eventually gets off because the cops are under pressure to nick somebody.

cas79 likes this.
  15. scootz

I’d say he was. He was certainly articulate and confident for his age.

What’s to say that the clothing he wore at the time of the attack was ever recovered by the police?

Someone did. Why could it not have been Mitchell?

I do. Very well.

16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

As I've said, very emotional and I have no urge to irk those with an interest greater than mines, but this case and the arguments for his conviction appear to be the polar opposite of the UK judicial system where Mitchell is having to prove his innocence rather than the courts proving his guilt.

cas79 and paulie walnuts like this.
  17. scootz

Three law lords reviewed the case (warts and all) and concluded there was sufficient evidence to convict Mitchell. These are the utmost experts in their field.

So that’s a Jury, a High Court Judge and three Law Lords all in agreement that his conviction was just.

honda likes this.
  18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I can obviously understand why Mitchell and his mum are claiming he’s innocent and would agree that the ex cops in the documentary weren’t great. This Sandra Lean character seems fairly credible however and has no other obvious motive for being involved other than she feels he is innocent.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

You are probably right, I'd just have with my legal head struggled to have found him guilty if on a jury with the lack of forensic evidence in the midst of a bloodbath.

That could come down to incompetent police work all the same, which again may cast a shadow on the conviction.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If he was jilted then Why was she supposedly meeting him according to her family ???
    Also clear set up with family/ brother leading him To the crime scene then changing statements at court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk