1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unfortunately it doesn't look good for the future of Abada at us.
    Doesn't take part in any of the after match celebrations or walk rounds.
    Fantastic for us when he was on form.

2. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    The one thing I keep thinking is, if the Hamas attack had take place a day or so earlier, or if the Celtic game had been a few days later, would the GB still have displayed that banner.

Of course they might have, but if more information about the attack had been avaiable earlier, they might not have.

But obviously having done it they then had to double down on it.

If the timing had of been different, we might not have this situation to deal with.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Impossible situation for him and none of us really know what's going on with him mentally behind the scenes.

I'll not judge him at all, regardless of his political alignment.

I'll judge him as a player for Celtic though. There is a player there for sure.
    He's not been on it this season, massive injury outage for sure hasn't helped.
    If he is happy to stay, I'm happy to keep him. But that means he plays 100% for the club.

If not, no hard feelings if he feels he doesn't fit in at the club. Won't hold that against him at all, and all the best if he was to leave.

That's as much as I care to say on the subject.

As a player, he's got talent. Needs help though to bring him on a level.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Looks like the predator.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"Liel, can I have a quick word with you? I know it's been a difficult time since October 7th and many hostages still haven't been returned.... but I've consulted both HR and TalkCeltic and we've came to a conclusion. You should go * yourself"

8. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I don’t view him as Ben doak level myself tbh I’ve watched him maybe 5 times in person for Ireland 19s and maybe 21s once and I was never impressed by him. That being said I think he’s looked good anytime he’s come on for Celtic. I get what you mean though probably a smart move by the club but it seemed as if he was choosing to stay cause there may have been talk that he’d see game time (he still might yet). I would t mind seeing him come off the bench a couple times from now until the end of the season to get a look and see where he’s at in terms of ability and if he could have a future here. Will be hard though with so many options, maeda, palma, Kuhn, Yang, oh, kyogo, idah all ahead of him for wing n ST…. Abada aswell maybe. The 5 subs could play a part in us seeing him more though but we seem to have a bloated squad in certain areas

9. ML6

Regardless of his thoughts on stuff outwith the football he has not improved at all since his first year at the club when it looked in that first season he had the potential to be one of the best wingers we had seen in recent times, his performances this season have been abysmal.

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'd be looking to move him on in the summer. Obviously this is just speculation but I imagine he'll be getting it tight from family and friends for being here considering the support for Palestine, would be best for everuone if he left.

11. oh bhoy

thats exactly how it should go ,where is the professionalism from him ,hes getting paid a fortune of money to play football and he just decides he wont represent celtic because the fans called out israels genocide

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He grew up there though surrounded by the opposing world view. In his eyes, the Israelis are the good guys, Palestinians are the murdering scum. If we were avid Israel supporters, waving Israeli flags, would you play for that team? That’s what it’s like for him. It’s like if we had a Palestinian player and waved Israeli flags at every game.

I know it’s not right and the Palestinians are the oppressed ones. Liel wont see it that way though. It’s hard to blame him for that. His family and his entire surroundings throughout his childhood would have drilled that into him.

It’s best he just moves on at this stage. I don’t want to see him playing for us again. He’s a good player when on form but he was never an outstanding player. We should be fine without him.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Forget about issues with fans his performance the other nite v hibs was completely unprofessional and a slap in the face to everyone of his teammates.

Mcgregor not that type of captain but imagine turning in that type of performance under Brown, lennon, Aitken or guys like Sutton or Hartson. He'd be pinned to the wall by his neck in the dressing room afterwards.

Mince.Charming and moravcik1888 like this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Abada was inconsistent at best before his injury, he would regularly turn in a good performance then be totally anonymous in the next 5 or 6 games. Then of course you would get the usual ‘he’s young’ excuse from the Abada apologists. How the * anyone thought this guy was going to come back from injury and lead us to the Title is laughable. A player like Abada who is unreliable and inconsistent is exactly the sort of player you can’t rely on to turn in consistent performances that will win league Titles.

Get him out of Celtic, he will be no great loss and I can guarantee he will not go on to have a glittering career at another club just because they don’t feel as strongly as Celtic fans do about the Palestinian situation. He was horrendously inconsistent before the conflict became a huge issue. Abada is massively overrated by a section of the Celtic support, it is best for both parties he is sent on his way.

15. henriks tongue

Decent player but overrated, take away a few old firm goals and there's not an awful lot left.

Mentality an issue too, and I don't mean current problems - generally seems very timid, insular, fragile even - although he still celebrates a bit more than Maeda when he scores!!

16. James Mc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I thought it was only me thinking this:rofl:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I agree but his goal contributions have been very good.

It's coming to an end. I just want decent money and a decent replacement.

18. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    A thieving child killer by the name of Liad Abada was put down by the resistance in Gaza a few days ago

I wonder if it was a relation?

19. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    You should be ashamed of yourself coming out with s*** like that.

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Each to their own..but defo not my cup of tea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.