1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

ffs, Morgan was never gonna make the Italian squad, being honest I’m not even sure he wants to.

freitassen, FranceCelt and Twisty like this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe.

He got called up when Roberto Martinez took over not sure if he played. But didn’t gain a cap for 3 year’s and conte said the reason he wasn’t being picked was because of the league he was in. And the next manager said something similar about the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Wait the noo, he’s Belgian???

Luis1967 likes this.
  4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

haha! Always make that mistake!

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye it's a mystery how some players seem to try to earn as much money as possible even after they've made enough for themselves and their kids to last a lifetime in comfort. It's the perfect job to be able to travel and experience different cultures and hopefully different techniques.

Neymar was a mystery, he was perfect in that Barca front three but the rumour was he wanted to be the star player in France? He's got more money than he'll ever need and imagine the things you could learn playing in that team especially alongside Messi and Suarez, extremely dumb decision from an incredible talent.

Lenny's been messing with my head, I was saying for ages (like most of us) Morgan was another terrible signing by Rodgers and he was just never going to get a run of games because our squad was far to strong for him. Then Lenny persists playing him so I'm like ok maybe I don't see it he must be good in training and went he scored those two goals in two games I was like wow how did I get that so wrong no wonder Lenny stuck by him :87:

Wish him all the best though cause as already said above he did try and was fully committed and who wouldn't be given the chance to play for us. Ok Doerk haha, Ronny didn't mess about "Look we told him he's just not good enough and he's had enough treatment so it's best for him and us if he leaves now." That sounds heavily edited :bash:

That was a year before his £30k deal ran out, some signings we have to blame ourselves and not the player cause he's young and getting nowhere near that money ever again.

freitassen likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    America is an unsafe country with massive living costs. I'd have tried Ligue 2, Southern France, if I was Morgan.

FranceCelt likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

America is qaulity if your rich. Never felt unsafe in Miami once.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Call him and let him know!

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would not use the word quality to describe the US. But if you have money and I am sure Miami will be making sure he is put up in a nice area he will be fine. Safety wise well at this point anything can happen. My wife's dad had said a few times when we would be going on trips to Europe like Brussels or Paris or Barcelona that you are crazy its so dangerous there with terrorism and I would just laugh and say yeah sure we live in Chicago one of the most violent places in the US and the US in general when it comes to guns are you kidding me. Then just a couple of years ago we were heading back to Fort Lauderdale airport having driven down to Key West and we pull over along the way for a pit stop and my wife checks her phone and there are a bunch of messages from her family. Turns out at that very moment as we were driving to the airport there was a shooter at the airport. We literally were on the way while the shooting was happening.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    And if you can afford the healthcare. I imagine his club will look after him in that regard. Ive heard Miami is dodgy for car jackings

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Some blogger on Celtic news now trying to say we accepted what we paid for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some blogger translates as “some * who doesn’t have a clue but talks about Celtic” like 99% of us

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Can’t see it, we’ve not been flogging him about and he’s got 3 years left on his contract, we’d of only accepted a good offer with a profit.

littlekennie likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    MLS will confirm but I did see £900k mentioned

littlekennie likes this.
  15. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Awful footballer

16. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think that's an exaggeration. He wasn't good enough for Celtic but I thought he was almost too eager to impress and the pressure and negative comments about him wouldn't have helped. With less pressure on him in the MLS he could do ok.

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Aye same around £1M seems a good deal and St.Mirren with 20% sell on apparently.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs feeder club for MLS teams now. Embarrassing.

19. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's 100% not an awful footballer. His workrate and application could never be questioned. His goal against Rennes was a great goal in that he is a midfielder being asked to play as a striker against good opposition. His run and finish was quality,and any striker would agree. There is/was an incredible willingness in some of our support to go overboard with criticism of him. It didn't work out and he's moving on. End of.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Or more like getting a player off our wage bill that was simply not good enough to make it at Celtic and even making a small profit to boot from what we bought him transfer fee wise sounds good to me. Good move for both parties and good luck to Morgan in the US he gave it a good shot at Celtic it just did not work out.