1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmac

Morgan guilty of trying too hard to fit just needs to keep it simple and cut out the shooting from outside the box whenever he sees the goals

joemc and paulmcq1888 like this.
  2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To be fair to him, it looked like the only way we would score today. They don't half pack a box.

3. dmac

he has tried them each time he has come on and not got close yet but he did score a few when at St Mirren. Thought from early on we needed a goal like the one Edouard got against Hearts

4. Cupid Stunt

He's looked much better in previous games I've seen him than today, looked totally out of his depth or trying too hard, not sure which. Just poor decision making made him look really average today.

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He will come good. Mental how some are criticising him after coming off the bench, he has just recently returned from injury remember and he needs to get more minutes.

Would like to see him getting some starts out on the left.

6. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Aye, he looked good in pre season and I think the injury * him. Looks off the pace coming back but it will take time. People all of the sudden jumping on him out of nowhere. Give him time ffs.

Tommy25 and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Won a couple of free kicks and tried to make things happen. Poor final ball but it'll come.

I'd rather see him start than Sinclair, albeit I think we desperately need a better winger in January.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Needs to have a run of games at LW, can't expect him to simply come good during fleeting sub appearances with 10mins to go.

9. CountyDownFaithful

For this lad to fulfil his potential then he needs a regular run of games. Sinclair for me is deserving of nothing just now - he's hide and seek champion as far as I'm concerned. Let Morgan loose on domestic opposition, a goal or two would give him the confidence boost he needs right now to get going!

Alternatively, loan him out in January for the rest of the season to a team like Killie - learning your trade from Steve Clarke can't be a bad thing.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

I think Sinclair's been showing glimpses of his former self in the last few weeks, but not enough to justify a starting berth.

Wee Morgan aye I'd give him a bash see what he's made of, not from the bench with 10mins to go, but from the start.

If he doesn't make an impact, loan him out for the rest o' the season.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We need first team quality in right now so would get Morgan and Johnston out on loan with the former on some kinda bulking up program at Hibs or something in January..

12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I dont really know what people were expecting from championships and st mirrens main man.I think * need time like christie,rogic.Too early too judge for me.I cant really see where hes headed after a few sub appearances.Loan might do him good.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Should go on loan to Aberdeen since that done the trick for Christie.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd rather he stayed and developed here. He'll improve as he gets more games but people need to understand that playing for us is a huge jump up in expectation and difficulty. He doesn't deserve to be starting yet and he won't displace Forrest or Sinclair at the moment, so it'll likely continue to be sub appearances for him.

15. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Poor decision not to leave him on loan at St Mirren.

No idea why we thought a kid with 6 good months in the Scottish Championship would be good enough for a double treble winning side competing on 4 fronts.

16. Jeremie Frimpong

No, it wasn’t. St Mirren are fighting relegation.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Largely because their manager and best player, Lewis Morgan, were swiped off them.

Livi, most peoples’ other tips as relegation candidates, are also having a miraculous season.

In any case, Morgan would be better playing each week for bottom of the table side than almost never playing for the champions.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's said himself that he's learned loads and has progressed just by training among higher quality players. He was never going to be thrust into the side immediately, when he's been asked to come in , I think he's acquitted himself well.

With the big run of games coming up I imagine we'll see him get at least a few run outs. We need cover for every position, so I wouldn't be in a hurry to send him out.

charlietully likes this.
  19. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    what's the deal with him? Is he injured? Would have him in the team over Sinclair,against killie

Big Shoes, shaunm and CookieMonster like this.
  20. shaunm

Should give him a run of games on the left wing over Sinclair,never know might take his chance like Christie has.

Big Shoes and Lewis Kerr like this.