1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon: "3-4 new signings before the window shuts"

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Murph-E, Aug 21, 2019.

Discuss Lennon: "3-4 new signings before the window shuts" in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's one I don't think we will go for, but would do us good.
    Rogic too many injuries. Ntcham liable to go off the pace again/push for a move in the next couple days.
    In spfl, we don't need a defensive midfielder as such. McGregor can play in browns position, adding a more dynamic approach, with Christie either in the ten, or beside him - so would like another.

Should a potential new signing do very well and McGregor also, then it could also work in Europe.

It's a tweak I would like to see happen long term, but not immediately needs sorted.

Left back and centre back are priorities now.....well have been for 12 weeks but this is Celtic...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Belgian_lad likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I know what oversubscribed means mate ha. We are oversubscribed with useless * that cant play or shouldn't play centre half, we are not oversubscribed with centre halfs.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Ha.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Belgian_lad

Turnbull probably will join us in January. Of he was fit and signed now, Ntcham probably would have left us.

ArturBorucCSC and Peej like this.
  5. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Lennon admitted he was keen to strengthen his squad before the transfer window shuts at midnight on Monday, but said he was unaware of a move for CFR Cluj striker Bilel Omrani.

“We will look to add before the window shuts and hopefully move a couple of players out as well,’ he said.

Asked if players could come in before the Rangers game, he said: “Possibly, possibly. I couldn’t tell you. I will have to speak with the big man (Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell). I’m sure he will be delighted with everything so far.”

Asked about Omrani, he said: “We are looking at a lot of players but not to my knowledge.

The big man..

:giggle1:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    :lenny2:

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Lawwell completely in control of recruitment..

:fear:

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

"The big man"

"I'm sure he'll be delighted"

:99:

Pablo87, Doogs., MacEwan and 2 others like this.
  9. Keano88

The big man better get the finger oot.

We’ve only 4 days left.

Sgt Neppers* and Mr Shelby like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The big man.. ffs lenny trying to spoil my night now:99:

11. Sentinel

I think he meant 'Thee Big Man', you know, him upstairs.

12. Murph-E

He considers Peter Lawwell to be * now?

Delphic likes this.
  13. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Taylor will be the only signing now. I don't want to be negative but broony was pish last night, they just passed through our midfield far too easy last night. He needs to be starting to be weeded out of the team, his replacement needs to be found imminently. The word passenger comes to mind. We look really soft defensively and that starts from midfield backwards

thailandceltic, Peej and Twisty like this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :lenny1:

Murph-E likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I will remain on the side of surely they can’t be as negligent as that!

Looks like Meling current manager has ruled him out so yes looks like Taylor will be our man for left back.

Got to agree we need a defensive mid. I also still think we need a centre back that’s jozo and Ajer both injured now and Hatem ebd elhamed also got a fracture.

Dazzler86 likes this.
  16. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Emergency loan of big benkovic sounds ideal but cant see us getting him mate. We really need to get our house in order with regards to recruitment especially with Lennon's comments last night about "the big man," lawwell needs taken away from footballing matters and he should deal solely on the business side.

Tommy25 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  17. crazy-horse1977

We definitely need a cb. We have 1 fully fit cb and we are only just starting the season. A cm as a makeshift cb, absolutely ridiculous scenario to find ourselves in. Having to play a cb as rb to cover for the inept transfer saga, who then gets injured and find us with 0 cover at both rb and cb for the biggest game of the domestic season. Ffs what a shambles.

Dazzler86 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Bang on! An injury to Julien or bitton on Sunday during the game and it could be an embarrassment. Cant remember the last time we went to ibrokes with a fully fit squad. Problems last season with KT and miley johnstone CF due to edouard injured. Shambles with the money we have available and the squad so thin

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed.

People kept saying but we have 4 centebacks and included bitton on the list gave me the fear. Sutton said our squad is thin on quality and depth others say it’s still bloated for me it’s somewhere in the middle of that.

Goalkeepers - 3 that’s fine no worries

Fullbacks - still need a left back in.

Centreback - we have 4 in Jozo, Ajer, jullien and Hendry with Bitton as a backup 5th. Hendry will move on before Monday so that’s us down to 3 natural centre backs and a back up.

Wingers - plenty

Forwards - 3 seems fine, however if s Guy like Hooper is kicking around on a free with a relatively small wage and doesn’t mind being back up for a season I would be all for it.

No10 - 3 is fine - Rogic, ntcham, Christie

Centre mid thought is the issue for me we have Bitton, brown, McGregor and Kouassi.

For me that’s far too thin in there McGregor and brown cannot be overplayed this year. I suppose you could say ntcham can drop in there but I always feel ntcham is better going forward but if we can shift At a minimum

Hendry
    Miller
    Ralston

And 1 or 2 others on then that’s 16 players plus moved on from last season! Even thought 8 of the 16 didn’t contribute they where still “available” to you and you cannot go through a 60 game season with 18-20 outfield players! You need 22 at a minimum and am not counting yer youth/development players in that we have too many wide men that bloats the squad numbers!

Goalies 3
    Fullbacks 3
    Centrebacks 3
    Wingers 7
    No10 3
    Centre mid 4
    Strikers 3

Dazzler86 likes this.
  20. Belgian_lad

I agree, we are bloated but not on the right places. In our CM we have a few youngsters(Hendo, Connel) that should get games at some point, they need to be trusted to pick up minutes. As you said, no need to have Brown and McGregor play everything.

But for me we need this: LB, CB and CDM. Add these three, preferably quality ofcourse, and we should be well covered. But CDM is so so important we need a player who can battle it out.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.