1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest thoughts on Deila?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ChrisMoh, Dec 6, 2014.

Discuss Latest thoughts on Deila? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Yes I did say that. I then said I did not feel that way under Lennon. I'm failing to see your point here.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fucksake Barca or Madrid would hand out skelpings to a lot more sides than just us,if your going to compare us too other sides atleast try and be a little more realistic

3. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Okay, let's say a pot 1 champions league side. Makes it sound even worse.

* even a team like Arsenal would open us up like a pack of crisps at the back. Do you feel better now?

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We took a few skelpings under Lennon aswell

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I think Ronny is growing into the job, you can see that the players are now trying to play to his philosophies and tactics. At the start of the season (especially in Europe) the players seemed confused, unfit and sloppy trying to play his way of football, now though I can see it starting to come together. Our passing is crisp and fluent, our attacking players seem to have more freedom to roam around, and that makes us very dangerous on the counter attack. I think defensively we are a caught sleeping a few times which needs to be sorted, but playing a system where izzy is always bombing forward (rightly so), we will be vulnerable at times. I think we have quality at the back though, of course Gordon has been magnificent and Lustig and vanDijk are class.

I think of we sign Guidetti, offload the likes of Balde Pukki and Boerrigter, as well as Tonev and Berget, and get in a couple of decent players (preferably players performing well in the SPL as we need a wee bit more passion in the team) then Ronny will take us to great things. Can see us winning a double this year with a decent run in the Europa league.

Assuming he's manager come next summer, the champions league qualifiers will be enormous for him, get the feeling a lot of fans still hold their judgement on him because of the embarrassment of this years efforts. Some blame the board, I personally thought the players let the club down. The board should've backed Ronny sooner and gone for a Guidetti type signing from the off but the players showed no determination or fight to qualify. Just my view.

Will back Ronny 100% he is forward thinking and attack minded which will (hopefully/ideally) make celtic fantastic to watch every week :shamrock:

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Like they did when Mowbray was manager so this is a club issue as towards signings or where we want to be not solely Ronny Deila

7. Lecs

I think he has done okay. I don't like his tactics though, Stokes at left mid doesn't work for me, I don't like how much Mulgrew has featured at CM as he is clueless and has been for far too long there. Somebody has a few terrific games back in the team, then the next match they are on the bench, really puzzles me.

The Scepovic thing bothers me too, he is *, and we have spent far too much money on yet another * poor striker. I would like to see us go with Griffiths and Guidetti up front in the league, playing one man up front at home to teams like Partick and Ross County is a bit ridiculous. Willing to give the guy a chance, but I'm not loving his ability as a manager at all.

8. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Yes I know for * sake, I'm saying that I did not feel like we would get pumped before going into games because I had a bit more belief about the team and that we could get something.

Ronnys doing okay there's no doubt about it, but we have gone backwards. Here's hoping we can go forwards after the next transfer window.

9. Lecs

To be honest any decent team will turn us over right now. Look at Salzburg, decent enough team, nothing spectacular but the first 20 minutes it could have been 4 or 5 nil to them if they had more class. We get bossed about in the middle by better teams. Then in the 2nd half when we did go and attack them, we dominated but were so poor in front of goal in the final third, we don't have the ability to finish teams off. I really dread meeting an Everton or a champions league drop out team, I think we could get an absolute pumping.

10. Tulf

We were going backwards before Lennon left.

11. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Actually on paper our back four is better than last year, yet they have been a shambles. How do you explain that?

12. Tulf

The change in style of play.

13. Lecs

I think our midfield is *. Look at Mulgrew and Brown, or Brown & Johansen if they play as the two central midfielders. They often get bullied and bossed about. Okay Brown battles and puts in a shift, but he is isolated far too often if Mulgrew or Johansen is there with him, he needs a Ledley type player in there with him or he the game passes him by I think. So our centre backs are exposed a lot more. I think Izzy and Matthews have been pish defensively as well this season. Our defenders fall asleep so often.

14. TheHappyLoss

Love the guy, in the main though the football has been *. Reasonably happy to wait until after this transfer window to see if our style improves any :50: 5.5/10 must and possibly will do better :50:

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They have no protection because of the style of play, but that will be fixed in time I'm sure.

16. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Nearly going a whole season unbeaten isn't going backwards.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Out of Europe by Christmas and put out of both cups at an early stage is *.

This year we are still in all four competitions. That's progress.

18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    we sign a young centre half from Man City who hasn't featered for them,yet you say we are stronger on paper,are you for * real honestly I put a point across as this is an issue of where our club is going as a whole,but you seem to want to blame Ronny,and you never answered my point about is taking a few skelpings under Lennon or do you pick and choose certain results

19. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    We qualified for the champions league whin earned the club 10 million or whatever it is, this year we got knocked out twice, that is going backwards.

We should have beat Milan and we were unlucky against Barcelona. We were a better side under Lennon.

20. Lecs

The board need to put their hands up first of all for waiting until after the Legia and then after the Maribor game before making any moves in the transfer window. That * us, because if we got a decent striker (Guidetti) in there and settled we would have won that game and gone through. We need a central midfielder as well I think, but we waited so long to get Denayer, Guidetti, Scepovic in and it cost us. Spending 3 or 4 million quid now, when you are probably going to be rewarded with the champions league money later seems smart to me. But waiting an extra week and still spending all the money (Scepovic and the loanees) anyway, seems * idiotic.

But we were * poor against Legia, and Maribor, absolutely *. So I think Ronny and the board need to both take the blame for that.