1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Last of Us (HBO)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Fontaine, Dec 4, 2022.

Discuss Last of Us (HBO) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's actually the supporting cast that have made it so far. Ellie and Joel have been great but Bill, Frank, Henry and Sam have really hit me right in the emotional nuts.

They don't really progress the story though it's mental :giggle1:

Don't even think it's a spoiler talking about them haha.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Joel and his daughter barely escaped one. And that was the night of the outbreak. Still the most tense thing I've seen yet. Whoever was chasing them should get an Emmy cause I nearly * myself.

Yet 2000 crawled out a hole and they got away?

Mmmmmmmmmmm

3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    And none of the 2000 that came out actually followed the main characters and all just ran off in the opposite direction:giggle1:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Whoever the actor was chasing them in episode one should be a star. At least 4 times I thought they were goners but he kept falling. It was tense as *. Yet 2000 of them and a bloater couldn't catch them. Ok.

Edit.

Especially knowing he couldn't die yet I was still jumping every time he got close to him. Still the best scene yet. Action scene anyway.

5. stew37

Aye it was quite a heavy going episode for sure.

It's this song I'm meaning

6. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    I totally agree, I feel the stories with the other cast members are much more interesting, more so than Joel & Ellie.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Not afraid to say I actually cried at Sam's story. Credit to the writers making me care so much about a character in 60 minutes.

8. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Yeah that was quite a tough one to take, I've never played the game so this miniseries is my first at seeing it except from a few screenshots of the actual game. I had expected there was something in Ellies blood that would save Sam but it wasn't to be.
    That brought up another question for me though, so Ellie fell asleep and Sam was sitting up awake facing away from her, if she was asleep I was surprised Sam didn't eat her while she slep coz he was obviously zombiefied by then.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Got to admit that episode got me seeing the guys get old I just looked at my mrs and thought * man we are gonna be old some day and parts of us are not gonna work as well as they used to and In the end at some point I. The future many years from now one of us will have to go on without the other was * deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Daleer likes this.
  10. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think he turned sitting in that position and because he was deaf probably wasn’t aware of her until she tapped him on the shoulder.

scuzzy likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Monsters don't bother me usually, but even at the time when the game came out, I didn't see the need to have bloaters. They don't really make sense in the world of TLoU.

Clickers are terrifying enough.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Every episode has been a solid 9/10 at least. It’s an incredibly well written, well paced show.

Skelleto and neilly1987 like this.
  13. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    * that was a good one

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just watched the ep 4, thought it was brilliant, Pascal is Joel now, lol , thought this one that one but he's just so good at it.

The wee lassie will forever scare me but by * she's class in it, she's defo knocked the she's not Ellie for me out my head, she's smashing it.

That episode was excellent though, the bond starting to grow, loved the jokes and Ellie in the car with the mag, lol.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Bella Ramsey is a superstar. I love Pascal but she is leaving him in the dust.

Come back after you watch episode 5.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Not just that but there's thousands underground. There are loads of ways to get from the sewers to the normal place. Just doesn't make sense sometimes.

The dynamic with Bella and Pedro is amazing though. Makes the show.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It was a computer game. Basically it was your first boss. A pivotal moment in the game where you thought ahhh * wtfff. You'd get bored just killing clickers as the same enemy all the time. Can't leave it out because of that.

Although it is a fungus that mutates. Your mushrooms are not the same shape so makes sense its mutated some humans into cool big things :56:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s cool playing the game again and seeing the scenes they basically took straight to the show and the ones they adapted.

19. Bonobhoy

First Episode i havent liked tbh.

Very Long and Boring not much happening. I get they are attempting to establish the bond between the 2 in this episode,but i struggled to stay entertained in this one.

My fear was that some episodes are gonna get drawn out and now we look as if its going to be rushed into the ending here.

Im hoping the final 2 episodes are way over the 90 minute mark.

20. Lewis Kerr

This is probably the most overrated series I've seen so far. Just finished episode 7 and while there's undoubtedly been a few great episodes, the rest has been pretty boring.

Lots of filler, the script is ok at best, the "humour" is forced (verging on cringe at times) and the pace is slow. I don't mind it being slow if the story/characters are building in an interesting way, but it doesn't captivate me. Two of my favourite shows are Better Call Saul and The Wire and they're regarded very slow at times. The Last Of Us is nothing special though.

The acting and cinematography are both great but I'm not getting the hype at all. Currently at a 9.2 on IMDB, whereas 8.2 would be more accurate. Can't help but feel its the gamers who are overhyping this to *, tbh.