1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Seen people on Twitter moaning about him checking on injured players and this is just a gentle reminder that it’s all mind games he’s playing.

And in my opinion it works.

jpb and neilly1987 like this.
  2. Foley1888

Imagine having a centre back who was properly good with long balls, you see it with a couple of Ralston’s early direct balls last night which should have led to two goals but for Abada fluffing his lines with a simple square ball.

It is probably CCV’s only real weakness in his game that he tends to be pretty slow and safe in his distribution. Great defender though so it’s more a partner who could do it that would take us to the next level.

neilly1987 likes this.
  3. Pogues

CCV the worst offender. Lost count the number of times he opted for the safe pass when a ball over the top would have seen the wee man in.

Dan Breen, martin_d and Lewis Kerr like this.
  4. ms-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh Hampden in the Sun, The Fields of Athenry
    Thats what Big Ange was saying

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Hydrobhoy

naw I'm as old as the Clyde haha
    yeah lubo is a legend and was world class with both feet and although he scored lots with with his left he would make near all of his runs to the right when he went left it was to shoot or cut inside off the right wing but not to make the runs to the left which limited his goals to 35 or so over 4 years he even stated this himself. kyogo naturally goes left or right which makes his movement 2nd to none and defenders don't know how to mark him. Once the team suss his movement out with throo balls (straight run diagonal/curved pass and diagonal/curved run and straight pass) kyogo will score way more than he does already. we all won't appreciate kyogo properly until he's gone. this isn't a slight on lubo as he was a genius but kyogo is a special special talent and right up there with the best.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I couldn't make my mind up if it was sorta reverse shithousery and seen a couple of other folk saying the same.

7. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Aye saw that, I sit up dead high and it's like an old school FIFA camera angle view and it's dead noticeable.
    Thought I'd point it out as if I were some kind of genius

8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Off topic, but reminded me of a guy in my PE class at school who was so * at football with either foot that we couldn't tell what his dominant foot was.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Kobayashi and Ralston may be more willing to send long balls into space, but they aren't first teamers.

10. Lewis Kerr

Yeah CCV has terrible vision. It's frustrating the amount of times he could slip Kyogo in or hit it over the top and doesn't. He just cannot see the pass. I don't rate McGregor's eye for a pass either really, he finds himself in similar positions to CCV to make the pass and it seldom happens.

11. PaddyJamieson

Seeing and playing those balls over the top is definitely McGregor's weak point, he's a short pass master though which makes up for it, especially in Ange's system.

You do wonder though how much more joy we could have if we did have a CB or 6 who could see and play those balls through to Kyogo. Maybe Kobayashi?

Leone Naka Fan and Lewis Kerr like this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

I'm hoping Kobayashi (or someone else) has that in their locker. I can't help but feel we'd create loads more chances if that were the case. CCV is a rock but his passing ability is pretty limited. Starfelt is braver with his passing but it's definitely not a strong point either.

The thing is not many teams leave space in behind like Hearts did last night. We really should have taken advantage of that and it was good to see Ange highlight it as I thought the exact same.

When Ange first came in Kyogo would make those runs all the time. Opposition teams adjusted to that by playing ridiculously deep, but it's frustrating to see that after 100 games, we are still not utilising Kyogo like we should be.

13. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Long diagonal passes are Kobayashi's strengths. I remember thinking that watching his highlights and remember one of the Japanese "experts" saying ththat'what he likes to do. Hope he gets more game time as well, he's looked solid enough thr games he has played albeit limited

14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Noskeil and Smithy like this.
  15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think the insistence on possession has put a brake on McGregor's creativity. Keeping possession means avoiding cheeky forward passes.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has praised Celtic striker Kyogo Furuhashi's movement, calling it "the best he has ever seen".

The Japan international has scored 25 goals so far this season, including against Hearts in the most recent league fixture.

And the Australian has nothing but good things to say about the forward.

Speaking ahead of the Scottish Cup quarter-final clash at Tynecastle, he said: "I mean, it's not about sort of him taking his game up another level.

"Like I said, he's kind of doing his role really well and he's really disciplined. It's just at times we, you know, we don't see the potential for what can come of his movement now. ,

"I get frustrated, but that's cause you know, kind of wanting perfection like most managers and that doesn't exist.

Kyogo's movement, I think is outstanding. It's the best I've ever seen and he's so hard to pick up for the opposition and I think sometimes it's hard for us to know when exactly to play it.

"I just felt the other night there were some good opportunities for us to give him more of the ball, as we did with the goal we set up and the goal he scored.

"And it's just to be aware of it and you know, the only way you get better is just keeping on improving on it.

"We get feedback from the players, work on it in training and sort of try and see if we can maximise where there is space is and we will try and utilise that.”

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    the brilliant runs that Kyogo makes are 100% down to the top quality coaching he received from Iniesta. Iniesta knows exactly the sort of runs that a striker should be making for a high quality midfielder such as himself to find him with a well positioned pass or through ball. Kyogo has learnt this skill from the very best.

Wllm likes this.
  18. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think David Villa will have had a major influence aswell. He was another player whose movement was top class at his peak. Couldn't ask for 2 better players to learn the trade from.

craigtheceltic and gary88 like this.
  19. Kiro Kompiro

With all the talk of Postegoclou being poached, I'd be surprised if no-one on the continent is looking at this guy. The Bundesliga specifically, given a number of Asians have had success there. I think he could do very well there.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They might have looked at him, but his words were a clear hint he's not interested in moving anywhere.

honda likes this.