1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Saw a Tweet earlier saying the save he forced Lewis into from the Johnston cross was his first shot since the international break. Shocking.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I do think we need to vary our game to a greater degree. Ralston was playing ball over and noticed Juranovic having a pop from outside the box which we seldom do.

But maybe Ange doesn't see that as valuable/playing the percentages. While we are still winning it is hard to argue with but getting too predictable too has its downsides.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s true. Great player but we need to find a way to get him involved.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He needs to get better at showing for the ball and linking up.

Can’t run in behind every time.

Zander likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Would've scored if Welsh never headered the ball aswel. His runs and pressing create so much without touching the ball.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I think that our creative passes through the middle die off when Rogic dosnt play. Might be because of that.

Wee Baldy and JML67 like this.
  7. saltire78

This is the really frustrating part. It's not like he even needs exceptional, slide-rule passes, a quick lob over the top would do because he spots great spaces and hits them at speed. He'll get sick of it and stop making those runs if we keep taking the * like we are now

8. Heb Celt

Looked exhausted in the last 5 minutes,needs some rest soon with our busy schedule.Ajeti a waste of space so hopefully Goukimakis can get back fit soon.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The job Scott Brown was doing was making it very difficult to get the ball into him, he was always standing inbetween the midfield and him. The full game.

That’s when the midfield need to move, and McGregor started doing that and that’s how we got our opening goal. No concerns there.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Shocking in what respect?

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He made * loads of runs off the defenders shoulder all afternoon but not once did we * a ball over the top to him.
    Ran himself into the ground but FFS, give him something to chase. Felt so sorry for him.

12. Paradise88

McCarthy had at least two chances but never took them. Kyogo was making the runs and getting frustrated.

I think there could have been more effort on through balls to kyogo than just punting it to Jota for 80minutes.

13. Foley1888

The worst one was the one he got his chance from Forrest took an age by which time Kyogo had strayed offside, a quick lob over the top early and he was away.

You can see why he and Samper had such a good understanding at Vissel Kobe, someone with the ability to play that early ball. Rogic coming back should help but reinforcements are needed in midfield in January, also having another high pressing player such as Maeda as part of our front line would be good too.

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, he will spot those runs.
    Cant wait for Tam to come back, hopefully alongside CMcG and Bitton, with Jota and Forrest on the flanks, we then will start firing on all cylinders.

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

That our main striker has only had one opportunity to score in 3 games, I'd guess. Its quite surprising tbh but I'm not overly concerned

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

1 effort in 3 games isn’t as uncommon as you would think. Mind the 2 he didn’t get a shot away in were against one of the better defences in the country in a game they played ultra defensively. The other was away against a top European team.

17. Foley1888

Rogic and Forrest also have/ had an excellent understanding. I would still like to see someone brought in deeper in the midfield that has that vision and ability to ping an early pass. Ideally one of our CBs would be capable but I can’t see us spending money there unless someone moves on or Julian is actually done.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That in three games our main striker has only had one shot. Smacks of the team not providing enough service to him.

The number of runs he makes that aren’t picked up by his teammates is mad.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I sit pretty high up in the stand and you can see his runs much better and the space he makes for himself however, none of our players could see the pass until it was too late. I also lost count the number of times that crosses were fired into the box that were way too high for him and easy meat for the Don's keeper and you could actually see him getting frustrated the more the game went on. Big Rogic is the only one on the same wavelength as him and hopefully the big man is back against the diets

Creativecelt and Chieftain like this.