1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristijan Lovric

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by G_portillo, Jul 26, 2021.

Discuss Kristijan Lovric in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

If we've actually made contact and this isn't just pish rumours, I'd say we should go for him anyway, we don't have a nailed on starting left winger, christie can do a job there but it's not his natural position. I can undertstand this reasoning for not bringing in more strikers if Eddy isn't moving on, but not for this guy and christie.

Tommy25 and craigtheceltic like this.
  2. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ange has said over and over "I could have brought in players, but I WANT the right type"
    I think he is playing the long GOOD game, instead of signing * like we used to do.
    EVERY PLAYER he has signed has improved us thus far.
    Fair play to Ange for not giving in to the board...

:ange2:

Big Shoes likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If the fee was only that, or even up to 5 million, I'd rather this deal than the Greek boy from Holland.

Of course different types of players and positions, but considering the way we are playing the front three and the likelyhood that Kyogo is the first pick striker, I'd rather beef up that left side now to insure that's the case than waste the same money or more on a striker that really is a concern.

Replace Griff with nesbit as well, would give a decent backup.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    hopefully now we secured a place in the Europa league group phrase we put a bid in for this guy and attract him out way

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can't see it now..

What a strange one..

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Got excited at the bump :/

Sign him and move Christie back to CM. Win win.

7. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    This bumps are * killing me man.

Sgt Neppers*, martin_d and Moustache like this.
  8. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Him and Henry were the two players I wanted most. Just looks so suited to the way Ange wants to play.

oh bhoy likes this.
  9. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There was a lot of talk when this rumour first broke that the deal was in place pending us qualifying for Europe, so I guess we’ve find out soon how true that was.

One thing last night definitely showed is that we need Christie in the middle of the park, so a left winger is an absolute necessity.

10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    An alternative is Soro/McCarthy in the middle. A drawback to Lovrić is that he is right-footed, but plays LW.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That isn't a drawback..

He's still a natural left winger and can adequately use his left..

We've got Christie, McGregor and Rogic alone in midfield that are lefties..

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Christie is a far better (and different) player than Soro. McCarthy doesn’t have the legs to do what Christie does either.

Christie has to play in the centre of the park. It’s his best position and he gives us the energy and drive that nobody else does.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Christie on the left is excellent as well, while Soro offers a better defensive ability than Christie, Turnbull or Rogić. For away games and strong opponents in general, Soro should play in the middle (or McCarthy).

14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Soro and McCarthy don’t have anywhere near the attacking qualities or ability to drive us forward that Christie has. They’re both decent options in the deeper midfield role, but not as an 8 or a 10.

We’re too one paced for Europe with the trio of McGregor, Turnbull and Rogic, so we need Christie in there and as much as he’s done as a turn as a LW, that’s just not his position.

Why is being a right footed LW a drawback? Lovric would add depth, goals, assists and penetration, where’s the drawback in that?

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Soro is far too undisciplined. He’ll get found out against quality teams.

He’s never a holding midfielder. Has to have license to roam and hassle the opposition.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Predictability- teams will know Lovrić goes for a shot, and by nature, him going inside runs into a large number of players. A straight drive down the wing (like Christie) does us more good. Abada is special, because he can do both, and thus keep the opposition guessing.

Soro or McCarthy would be there to offer defensive stability, and allow McGregor to push forward at times.

17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    From what I’ve seen of Lovric, he’s also more than capable of hitting the byline and is far from predictable.

Soro can’t play at the base of a midfield three, he’s shown he’s not disciplined enough to do that. We’re also a body light in the middle of the park, especially given McCarthy and Rogic’s injury records so Christie will be needed there over the course of the season. Johnston is our only natural LW and he’s never fit.

We badly need a starting quality LW.

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Soro is only a midfielder, while Christie has been successfully deployed at LW as well. Now, Postecoglou likes 3 offensively capable midfielders in his starting XI, but that has been shown as risky last night. Not every team is SPFL dross, and Soro can help break up attacks. He will get the discipline if given enough game time.

If Johnston was not at the club, I'd agree to get Lovrić. But I think Mikey is worth waiting on.

19. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    None of the points you’re making even begin to challenge our biggest issue though - squad depth.

Just because Christie has done us a job at left wing, doesn’t mean we should plan to use him there, especially when he’s a far more valuable commodity in the middle of the park than the back-up centre midfielders (or even Rogic). Soro simply cannot replace what Christie gives us in that role and he’s shown so far this season that he’s not ready to be trusted in the role he was bought to play.

Johnston can’t be trusted as a first choice left winger because he’s never available (and arguably not even good enough when fit).

Soro and Johnston are good squad players and I have nothing against them, but they’re not ready to start and feature heavily in our first team without it being weakened. Our bench last night was nowhere near strong enough given the amount of games we’ll have to play and the tempo Ange wants us playing.

Adding a left winger goes a long way to improving our squad depth.

johnboy19 likes this.
  20. Foley1888

I agree with your point on Soro as I think he has a lot of good attributes and actually playing McGregor in the 6, and releasing Soro to go win tackles and move the ball forward quickly could get the best out of him, almost more box to box.

On Johnston, I think he has a role to play but we can’t go into the season with him given his injury record over the last two years and Christie as an auxiliary left winger who may leave imminently. Last night Christie was missing when out wide left for the first half, he offered little protection and got the run around from their right back.

Yeah at domestic level he can offer something there but I think we need a proper left winger brought in and Lovric’s track record certainly makes him interesting.