1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    When things finally resume , I hope he gets a good injury free run so he can show the folks down south why he is a 25 million pound player .

2. celtic warrior

Get over his injuries and he's the best left back in the league.

He's ceiling is higher than Robertson.

3. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Not at present he's not. Robertson has been playing at the top level in England for a few years now. He's also won a Champions league medal and has had really great career down south for a player rejected at youth level by Celtic. Tierney has a way to get on that level and given the 18 months of injuries that Tierney has had it will be a while before he does

4. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Poor Tierney, missing friends and family etc and the usual I always miss Celtic * . Any player at the age he was when he left should have gave the club at least another 2 years and wouldn't have been as home sick. By that time he's more mature, possibly married and maybe actually moved into his own home so actually cut the apron strings. But we've all to feel a wee bit sorry for him when it's a wee bit hard for him, what did he actually expect it would be like in a city where knew no one!! Another player like Mcavennie, Nicholas, Hooper etc that thought the grass was greener and money was more important than happiness and the club the allegedly lived

pablo, Slater67 and trackebhoy like this.
  5. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I can't understand the love in half the Celtic support have with him. Jumped ship at the first chance he got & for a change the board were not pushing a player out the door but he chose to leave. The video of his Dad stating this is our future makes me cringe every time i see it. Nobody wanted him to do a Paul McStay but stay for the chance to win the 10 then he would have left with everybody's blessing. The boy is now up there with Rodgers with a lot of fans.

Conlon and Mystic Penguin like this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He can still * off

Marie, trackebhoy and Mystic Penguin like this.
  7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

not for me he’s not & his dad will have absolutely meant what he said all those years ago.
    In fact, he’s probably more accurate than we give him credit for. :fear:

I hope he passes our way again

buchanbhoy likes this.
  8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Rarely crosses my mind but in no comparable to the rat for me!! Not even close.

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  9. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    I like the lad and loved to see him play for us. It was sad to see him go but I wish him all the best. £25M is a huge amount of money for our club and his leaving is in line with our business model.

But I don't get it. Can you imagine playing for Celtic? I'd play for the minimum wage ffs. I really can't get my head around the idea of someone being a life long supporter and leaving unless Celtic don't want them anymore. I know we see it all the time through the years, but I thought Tierney was different.

Scott smyth and Spring Time like this.
  10. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All about opinions mate. This will split the fans for years. Said this in the pub awhile ago after a game & it was 50/50 on people's opinions. I never said his dad never meant it but his son just made him out to be a muppet in my eyes. I really didn't think 2 seasons would have made much difference to Tierney & it shows it hasn't. I don't give a toss if he does well down there or not. It turns out Celtic win the lotto when he decided to leave.

If Rodgers had seen out the season, he would have left with everybody's blessing. The same with Tierney if he stayed until we win 10 or it was out of sight.

Scott smyth and seamus1967 like this.
  11. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is the part that annoys me aswell. Now when any Celtic fan says, i would play for the club for nothing. All anybody has to do is point to Tierney & laugh. Life long fan chance to to be part of a treble treble, do 9 for a second time & a chance to go for 10 but walks at the first offer * :47:

Scott smyth and seamus1967 like this.
  12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will always have fond memories of the guy. First person he made friends with was Hector :rofl: :hi5:

seamus1967 likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Same thing he probably said doing his maths homework. Changes when your doing it in person I suppose. If someone came and offered me a big 80k a week and a multi million pound sign on bonus I'd certainly... chuck them out the door and tell them tae get tae *!! :56:

seamus1967 and Lilac Wine like this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Bored of hearing/reading about how much he misses Celtic.

He made a decision to move on, so have we.

PaulM1888, Marie, Gyp Rosetti and 4 others like this.
  15. Nasser

Top lad, I will follow is career one of the few ex-players i would tune in to watch. I have a feeling he will be riddled with injuries though and won't fulfill his talent, hope i'm wrong on that.

Lilac Wine and seamus1967 like this.
  16. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I think it was a very shrewd piece of business by Celtic as it seems he won't ever be 100% free of injury. Maybe KT realised that himself and it was in his mind that he may never again get such an offer to make him so wealthy..

Lilac Wine and seamus1967 like this.
  17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Grass isn’t always greener, where have we heard this before? Thing is it was him pushing for the move not the club, but he’s made his bed.

18. JamesM09

This has been my opinion for some time.

I feel like a crackpot conspiracy theorist since physiotherapy is something I know * all about, but he seemed to limp quite a lot even when he was fit and then the injuries started coming in.

I reckon it was felt that while he might recover and have a long career, there was a significant chance he could start to struggle so it was best for everyone to get money while they could.

FranceCelt and seamus1967 like this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Bat soup? :eek1:

seamus1967 likes this.
  20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    No one was questioning that but why say in every interview you could be definitely be a 1 club man, plus he was in20k at least a week at Celtic then first decent offer he’s offski quicker than usuain bolt

guy s like Larson who weren’t even massive Celtic fans could have left well before his 7 year contract was up and doubled his wages, but was on 40K and happy with life and also showed some loyalty to the team that made him after he was down on his luck at feyenoord, tho even after he left still played a major part in winning the European cup

No harm to the bhoy, but certainly not a Celtic legend and personally couldn’t care less how his career pans out

trackebhoy likes this.