1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You watched the Arsenal game instead of Celtic? Or you taped it and watched it?

*, here's hoping we don't draw each other, who will you support?

freitassen and Yoshi like this.
  2. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    You watch the game like?

3. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Meant to heave been rapid last night according to the social, and Sofa score has him rated at 8.5. Some cross for the goal

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I watched the YouTube highlights and everything looked to go via him. First 3 goals was all his side. Gonna be better than Robertson. What a player.

MagicBallBhoy, Rydo1888* and Moore like this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    However inferior to Boli. :smoke:

6. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    My pal had the arsenal game on his phone during the game last night, tierney was outstanding, £25 million is a steal for them

7. Nasser

He absolutely ripped them apart, very fast on the ball, dangerous pinpoint crosses, quick instinctive passes, every time he got the ball he looked dangerous. I've not seen a defender who can defend like he does and then in an instant look like Ribery when attacking for a long-time, Arsenal fans are rightfully salivating.

PARKHEAD67, Whoflungdung and Moore like this.
  8. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Hes an exciting player like! Better Defender than Robbo already...

9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Reality is this is the first time hes been fit or nearing it for over a year but he is still a year on in his football and progression. Wont be suprised if hes up at Robbos level and captain before next season's out.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Watched the europa league highlights after the celtic game like to see what the English pundits say about our performance

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The bullshit performance robbo did for the lukaku goal.. Running across the goal when odonnel was already their allowing de bruyne to pass through to an unmarked lukaku..... Tierney would never have done that robbo is great going forward but defensively I think he's suspect but gets away with it because vvd

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

12. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    He's better overall than Robertson, has more bite, faster, more creative, better positional awareness, and defends like a center half, out of the two Tierney is head and shoulders above him in every aspect, oh and Tierney is a leaded

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Honestly! :52:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL on
    @kierantierney1
    : "I'm delighted for him. We're not surprised he's started so well. We always knew he was a fantastic player and we continue to keep producing quality Academy players."

PARKHEAD67 and Whoflungdung like this.
  15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Shoulda been kicked out for that nonsense. Mental!

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He's not better than Robertson going forward.

But he is a better defender, not that he's a great defender himself.

He is a few years younger though, so plenty to improve on.

All I hope is he gets better and moves on then fro. That point in couldn't give a * what happens to him as it doesn't benefit Celtic, I'm more interested in Greg Taylor and Boli doing the biz now.

17. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Wow

18. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye he is, Robertson is more timid and never goes by a man and he plays more backwards passes than forward, killer delivery tho but only does one maybe 2 per game

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KIERAN TIERNEY has admitted he’s had to learn to fend for himself as he settles into his new life away from Glasgow.

The Scotland international has quickly adapted on the pitch in the limited minutes he’s played since his £25million summer switch from Celtic to Arsenal.

But off the pitch the transition has not been quite so smooth for the home-loving 22-year-old.

“Coming to London has been a huge change for me,” Tierney said after his starring role in Thursday’s 4-0 Europa League win against Standard Liege.

I’m a home boy who has always stayed with my parents and now I’ve come to a new country and a massive city.

“I’m living on my own for the first time and it’s not been great. I need to cook every night and I’m still learning how to do that. But I’ll get there.

“People back home ask me ‘what’s London like?’ But I have no idea because I’ve never been into the city.

“I train, I work hard, I go home to recover and I train the next day. It’s just a simple life and I put everything into football.

Signing for Arsenal was the hardest decision of my life, leaving the club I had been at for 15 years of my life.

The transfer was on and off all summer but it finally came through on the last day of the window and it’s a great move for me.

“Arsenal have shown great faith in me to put in a record-breaking bid and I’m delighted to be here.”

Tierney became the most expensive Scottish footballer of all time when he completed his £25million move and has already earned comparisons to former Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole from excited Gunners supporters.

But the level-headed defender is not getting carried away after just two appearances for his new club.

His Arsenal debut was delayed until last week by the hernia operation he underwent in the summer and he is quick to play down talk of adding to the eight major titles he won in four seasons at Celtic.

But having already played against Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG and Manchester City in the Champions League, he certainly isn’t going to be overawed by playing in front of 60,000 at the Emirates.

He added: “Arsenal is a massive club and it deserves to be in the Champions League.

“We know that is the ambition of the club and its supporters and we are all in it together to achieve that target.

We have the ability and the potential to get into the top four and getting up to the standard required at Arsenal has been a great lesson for me.

“It has taken me a few weeks to get up to speed with the other boys. They are world class players and it has been brilliant for me to learn off them

KIERAN TIERNEY admits he may never be forgiven by some Celtic supporters for quitting the club.

Lifelong Hoops fan KT, 22, left Celts two months ago for Arsenal.

The £25 million deadline-day deal sparked criticism from many supporters, who claimed Tierney should have stayed for the push towards an historic ten titles in a row.

And Tierney — the most expensive player ever to leave Scottish football — admitted those punters may never agree with his decision to go.

He said: “I don’t know if it will pass, some fans probably won’t ever forgive me.

“Everyone has their choice, some people will support me and others won’t

I just want to say thanks to everyone who supported me at Celtic.

“I couldn’t have got the move to Arsenal without their support and love.

I gave Celtic 15 years. I put my body through a lot by playing through injuries.

“I gave everything I could every single day. Hopefully they will continue to support me but, if not, I just have to deal with that.”

Tierney is adjusting to life with the Gunners under boss Unai Emery — and relishes the challenge of fitting in to his all-star line-up.

“But this was a chance to move to a massive club in England.

“Everyone told me it was a great move. It’s a chance to play against some of the best players in the world.

“Every day I am training with some of the best players in the world as well. It’s an opportunity to better myself.

“Sometimes you have to look at your career as well as what your heart is telling you to do — it was the toughest decision of my life.

“It kept me up at nights thinking about it. People who are around me know how hard it was.

“Could I end up back at Celtic one day? I have signed a long-term deal here at Arsenal and you can’t think that far ahead.”

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  20. Damnati

I should really stop coming in here, it's not good to be so bitter :56: