1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    the bottom line is BR * up with those comments

ffs he might as well have said "someone come get him" as long as the money is right

You dont speak that way about ANY assets... probably our clubs biggest asset. Foreign players come here, love it, leave... that the nature of the modern game and we make a good living from it.

open season now

But this is KT

He just signed a 6 year contract and those comments are a * joke tbf

KRS-1888, oh bhoy, freitassen and 3 others like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Its shocking. Sack rodgers and appoint tierney as player manager. He'd tell them how it is. "Im no for sale!" While he blasts the rebs out n * off out the interview.

3. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You he goes to Everton then they will have 2 of the best full backs in Britain with Coleman on the right and Kieran on the left

ScouseHoops likes this.
  4. stew37

Tierney and Brendan are going nowhere. Tierney is here for at least ten in a row.

McBride 10 in a row likes this.
  5. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    This is what I keep telling other Blues. I would love the lad at Everton but want him to stay for 10 in a row.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Everton are a fairly big club. Bigger than Southampton anyway.

Everton selling Rooney saved the club and the season they sold him they finished 4th. How much could the Celtic team be improved with 35m?

For completely clarity I would be devasged if the lad ever left and I want him to stay for 10 in a Row but as someone who is also an Evertonian it's difficult not to be able to see how a move makes sense for all concerned.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

The bottom line is your blowing the whole thing out of proportion. Do you honestly think a man of his stature and intelligence, a man who’s paid millions by a board of directors to represent the club and help them build their business is going to say something that will have any negative affect on the club. This wasn’t an off the cuff comment. He’s already prepared for these questions and has already got in his head what needs to be said. He said the same thing about Dembele last year. He’s still here and just as valuable.
    An interview with a journalist isn’t suddenly gonna alert clubs to a players availability. Any business looking to invest millions in an asset won’t be waiting for the local rag to tip them off.
    He’s also stating fact. He spoke to Tierney to prepare him for the speculation. He can’t stop clubs being interested in him.

“You just need to stay focused on keeping yourself fit and ready for the games. “If something comes in then fine but he just needs to go out and concentrate because it is an important part of the season as we get ready for a long seasons ahead. “He is absolutely fine.”

From those comments he has no interest in selling him.

Below he says it’s ultimately up to the club if he’s sold.

Rodgers said: “It will be down to the club in the end. If an astronomical fee comes in for a player and he has wages to match that, the transfer window can dictate he may have to go.

“Of course we would love and we want to keep our players. Ideally they wouldn’t go but I can never say realistically that everyone will definitely stay because the club may get an offer they can’t refuse.

Spin his comments whatever way you want but at no point did he “* up” he just stated the obvious. That clearly went over your head while you were busy banging your head off the wall.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Im not banging my head of anything and youre talking * mate

you quoted the comments yourself ffs

How long do you have yo be in the job before you realise that reporters use the soundbites they want

he * up

plain and simple

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Big club? Yeah if you go back 30 years, but they never win anything anymore and a player like him can wait for a bigger club where he can win trophies and probably get paid more.

10. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are ready to play hardball over Kieran Tierney when 
Everton open their bid to land him at £25million this week.

MailSport understands the champions’ reaction will be a firm ‘no’ at that price. But the Merseyside giants won’t be put off and are prepared to test the Hoops’ resolve to hold on to the 21-year-old fans’ favourite.

The Scotland full-back, who signed a six-year deal in October, has always insisted he won’t be the one asking for a move from the club he has loved since he was a kid.

However, boss Brendan Rodgers admitted 
yesterday the decision may yet become Tierney’s if Celtic’s price is reached.

And if it does come to that it’s believed he is open to the move.

A senior club source told MailSport yesterday: “We don’t need to sell and we don’t want to sell.”

Meanwhile, Rodgers revealed he’s had a long chat with Tierney amid 
the interest.

And the Hoops boss is adamant there’s no chance of the highly-rated defender losing his focus despite Everton’s attempts to prise him away from Celtic Park.

Rodgers has admitted both club and player could face a big decision if an astronomical offer is made.

But Rodgers, who watched Tierney’s error condemn his side to a 1-0 defeat to Bohemians Prague in the second game of their pre-season camp in Austria, said “Kieran is very committed and 
nothing changes.

“He is a good boy and I had a long chat with him just about keeping his focus really.

“These things you can’t control. You just need to stay focused on keeping yourself fit and ready for the games.

“If something comes in then fine.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Keep your focus....Dont be daft rodgers. Tierneys only focus is celtic. Hes no for sale. * off everton.

12. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    KT is rubbish, Celtic is his level, would flop in the EPL :fear:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Ok who's hacked @Marie account:56:

Marie likes this.
  14. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Shush Jeannie......trying to put Everton and any other * club off ;)

Jeannie960 likes this.
  15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    This annoys me. And what also annoys me is Brendan keeping this going. It's all psychological game play and poor KT probably doesn't know where he's at with his manager or the club now if all these quotes are true. Brendan comes across as saying all the right things but there's something not right here and I just can't put my finger on it. A long chat about his focus indeed!! I bet the problem is not KT's

freitassen, LectersLuncheon and Marie like this.
  16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'll be honestly raging if KT leaves, Brendan better not be twisting his head!

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    no offence fella but Everton are NOT a big club

yes the play in the most expensive league in the world and yes they have money to spend

but they cant compete financially with any of the so called bigger sides

goodison is a dump which baely holds 40 thousand when its full and even their own supporters claim their matchday experience is one of the worst the the epl, not to mention their fan base is tiny compared to clubs such as ourselves, utd and liverpool etc

the question is why the * wold KT wanna give up a club he loves, the adoration of supporters of which he is one, sliverware and european football?

for the opportunity to kick a ball about that midden watching his team getting pumped by the "big boys"every 3 weeks? Would it be to develop under the coaching of a different * manager every season? He can get those things at sevco ffs. Or maybe the draw of liverpool city? the chance to enjoy some of the finest strip clubs that the north west of england has to offer and wake up in the * wirral with his pockets turned out beside some bleached blonde tanfastic trollop with two teeth and c-section scar

everton can only offer him a bigger wage

and * all of much else

JML67, johnboy19, dmccourt95 and 2 others like this.
  18. Tomas

KT will be going nowhere, he's happy and is our next captain.

19. themouth1888

At the end of the day it's a business these days and young Tierney can set himself up for life.

But I would only look at selling around 30mil and if AT LEAST £15-20mil wasn't reinvested in 2 or 3 quality players on top of what Rodgers has already mentioned he needs. If not then the board will never get another penny from me and I include ST next year.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Everton are not that great, even. If it was Arsenal, MU...it would be a big draw for Tierney. There's no reason why he couldn't go to a big club straight from Celtic.

LectersLuncheon and JC Anton like this.