1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks for your service.

Can we please get him to * in to ex players?

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Expecting a solid performance from him today after being away assisting for other teams this week, the *.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jura off tomorrow

Ange aye yer off to Berlin ya *

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Mods have been on a week long bender, I expect it'll probably be about another week of recovery before they notice he's away.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Josip Juranovic has revealed he turned down the chance to sign for some European giants to move to Union Berlin because he refused to be a back-up.

And he admitted he remains gutted he had to leave 'world institution' Celtic after 18 months.

The Croatian World Cup hero sealed a £7.5 million move to the Bundesliga this month and made his debut for surprise title chasers Union Berlin last week.

He was linked with moves to Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and plenty of other massive clubs before opting to move to Germany.

And he explained his surprise decision to sign for Union despite firm interest from footballing superpowers.

Juranovic said: "I don't want to talk about the names of the clubs, but I will tell you that we had several options on the table. Some of those clubs were - I don't know how else to say it - much bigger than Union Berlin.

"But I would have gone to these clubs as a back-up option and I was not interested in that. Not because I'm afraid of competition, but because I want to play all the time and be in the eyes of Croatia manager Zlatko Dalic

Previously, some Croatian players signed for big clubs and didn't play for them and were dropped from the national team. I couldn't take the risk.

"That's why Union Berlin was my choice, because I was clearly told that they would bring me as a player they see in the first team and they are also a big club who are high up in the Bundesliga.

"But leaving Celtic was very difficult for me. I met so many good people there, so many friends who will remain my friends for the rest of my life.

"Sometimes I wonder if I was only there for 18 months because that time flew by.

"Celtic is a world institution, such a big club, a club that the fans adore so much. I shudder when I think about the 60,000 fans at every home game.

Those derbies against Rangers are a special experience and you immediately understand why it is one of the biggest games that exist in the football world.

"At Celtic, the players respected each other. In Scotland, the football was hard, but fair.

"Celtic is a special way of life and I will remember those 18 months for the rest of my life."

And Juranovic is delighted with the way he has settled into his new club.

He added: "I want to improve myself as a player and the Bundesliga always seemed to me like a league in which I could play well.

"I enjoyed myself in the first game and Union's 3-5-2 system suits me. The Bundesliga is a big challenge, it is full of excellent clubs.

"My approach is always the same. Do your best and give everything for the team and you will always find the path you deserve."

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Nice to hear that. The very best of luck to him. Hope he absolutely smokes it over there.

The_Bhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    On the bench for your second game not that good a choice eh.

I'm only joking. Clearly enjoyed his time at Celtic

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Once he gets a run of games he will be flying over in Berlin

Then he will get his move to Bayern Munich

The_Bhoy likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Imagine not going to a bigger club because you don’t back yourself to be first choice, that is a poor comment IMO.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Absolutely have to disagree. Managers pick players based on preference, or pedigree, and Juranović is well aware of the fact that these clubs have first choice RB-s that will take most of the playing time. He wants to impress at a club that will give him enough time to contribute towards something big. Step by step is how things are done properly.

TBH, he could have waited here as well, and gained further exposure in autumn's CL with us. But Union Berlin are a cracking choice, if he had to pick a team to leave us for.

Why? They have an old RWB (Trimmel) who's good but can't play every time. They need a quality man to take the burden off of him. This need is real, because they're a measly point off of Bayern at the moment. Winning the Bundesliga is a realistic goal for them, and a cracking achievement for Josip to dedicate himself towards. And he'll have the chance to put his sweat, blood and tears into the trophy, should it come. Then, big clubs will not take him as a mere backup any more. Also, 2 league winners' medals in one season is quite an achievement in itself.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That’s all well and good pal but I think he’s a shitebag who didn’t back himself.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Dropped again from squad, laughable from big Ange.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    AJ never had his best game today, would bring JJ in for through the week.

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Played in the cup last night and got an assist. C@nt has more assists at Berlin in 2 starts than he had at us in a year and a half lol!

NomDePlum and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good to see the window by with and he's still here, could competition at RB with 3 strong players, sweet.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Eh?

17. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    (He's taking the * that this isn't in ex players yet)

JC Anton likes this.
  18. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  19. EddieBhoy1986

Good for him, plenty of players would have followed the pound signs.

He's a class act and that showed with the way he conducted himself while in the shop window.

20. EddieBhoy1986

Both from corner kicks which he was almost never allowed to take from us.