1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranović

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by McGrory1888, Jul 27, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranović in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That is sort of my point though. Easy to back a winner. Everyone can do that.

What I love is us developing our own. Even at a cost.

2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    …and if he doesn’t then we’ll all be extremely grateful for his performances in the last few weeks.

He’s gone from being a total write off to earning his place in the squad/team and deserves huge credit for that. He’s now here on merit.

That said, he’s been absolutely playing out his skin and I’d be amazed (but extremely glad!) if he maintains that level. That’s not being negative or wishing he fails in the slightest, it’s just pragmatic.

The same people now saying he should be first choice and praising him to the hilt (quite rightly to a large extent) would be the same people bemoaning the board as soon as Ralston has a poor game if we were to sign another project at right back rather than a proven international player. That’s just the nature of football supporters, a fickle bunch.

elbhoydo, NomDePlum and Mr Shelby like this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't disagree with that at all, but also the reason we should be bringing O'Connor through too as game time allows, to test him at the right level and decide whether to keep or let go.

That's good for Celtic and for the player we hope to develop. Getting in * loans that means we don't develop our own players needs to stop.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I like your name. It is appropriate.

Do you prefer it to Neil?

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

So you want to develop Ralston even if it costs us as a team?

With the same logic you’d have academy players over the likes of Kyogo?

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was more pointing out that having Ralston play the games Toljan and/or Kenny played should have happened.

Games at the right standard make, form and prove/disprove players is my basic proposition.

I don't think that costs us as a team as developing players is part of being a team, if that makes any sense??

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Ralston had game time. He wasn’t good enough. Whether that was the fault of the manager or the system who knows. That’s why we got loans in.

He’s flourishing in this system under this manager. But he wouldn’t of under Lennon.

8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What game time did he get the season Kenny was involved in? My understanding, other than Livingston game is 0.

I was going to ask the same for Toljan as I expect the answer is the same, but let's see if you agree first.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We’d seen him a number of times before Toljan or Kenny were here.

He wasn’t good enough. If we’d gone with him instead we’d all of been raging and the only reason you’re in here arguing that you wish Ralston played instead is because you have hindsight that the loans didn’t work and Ralston has eventually found some form after how many years?

Your argument literally doesn’t have any validity. He wasn’t good enough in a Rodgers or Lennon team simple as that. He was a back up and we needed depth. The Toljan and Kenny deals looked good on paper, you’d of chosen both over Ralston every day of the week before they joined. You’re bullshitting if you think otherwise.

Stop being a smart * and attempting to one up everyone because he’s in good form in a new system with a new manager.

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In fairness, he never really got a decent run. Even when Ange put him in at the start of this season, not great. But given a few games to bed in, he flourished.
    Looking back, he should have had a run when Lustig was in decline and we had the league wrapped up.

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. JamesM09

It’s getting a bit daft in here. He’s doing well just now and was outstanding against AZ. People are rightly cautious that it may not continue.

Criticising supporters for being fickle doesn’t quite work when the player you’re talking about has been * for years then has 5 good games.

There’s no use pretending he was a secret world beater in the past and there’s been some agenda to keep him down. We all saw him play before and he was not Celtic quality.

I hope he keeps doing well and improves more but buying a quality RB is the bare minimum we should be doing in that department.

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think the main thing here is that the boy deserves huge amounts of praise for his performances and attitude. Go all in with it and let him know that we're behind him and appreciate him. Adding provisos in isn't really supporting him to the hilt, it's saying to him 'one below par performance and you're back to getting pelters'. I don't think that would be fair as he's shown he is a good player, he deserves a bit of leeway the same as anyone else and to know that if he falls short he'll still be supported.

13. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I'd play either Ralston or the new boy coming in at left back before Taylor. The way we play with the fullbacks coming into midfield having a naturally left footed player isn't a must now

Chieftain and stevoEOS like this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    15 games spread over 4 years isn’t ‘gametime’

15. GreenLeanMean

Some screamer he scored the other night!

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Better be pics of him in Glasgow today.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I'll be disappointed if someone hasn't used flight tracker...ha

NomDePlum and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
  19. themouth1888

Ralston has played well but this is not his first chance to win the RB spot remember. He's a good guy and one to have in and around the squad but he is not the answer long term.

Let's get this new boy in and have a bit of competition at the position

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hopefully done today, Ralstons form means we only really need one RB instead of 2, would be great to add a quality LB too and ideally a player who can play on both flanks.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.