1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] John McGinn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 5, 2017.

Discuss John McGinn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freitassen

As far as I know, only for the EL

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Alan Stubbs also had a previous relationship with us mate. You use contacts in the game.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Stubbs also has a previous relationship with Celtic.

It’s not surprising folk using contacts in football.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Rodgers had a link with Liverpool and plenty contact's..

Hasn't stopped them rejecting us 2 season's on the trot for Wilson, even though he'll go on loan both season's..

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Nobody said it was.

You were implying the only reason we’ve done business with them was to help Lenny, which isn’t true.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He had a very poor relationship with them even when he was there, hence the likes of Balotelli being signed against his will.

Better example would be our relationship with Man City. Mostly down to Lawwell’s boy being there but before that it was Ronny Deila having a previous relationship with Mancini... think it was Mancini? Bit blurry on that bit.

I was saying it’s because he had a previous relationship with us, wasn’t implying it’s just to help Lenny it was just stating that people use there contacts in football.

McChiellini.. and JML67 like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

Well he's coming just a matter of when

shaunbhoy67 and buchanbhoy like this.
  8. SuperZidane

I couldn't agree more. Frankly, I don't really see what all the fuss is over McGinn but I have total faith in BR. Lennon is just talking nonsense (no change there TBH) about 5m. McGinn wants to come to Celtic and, if it comes to it, I think he'll stay at Hibs and sign a pre-contract with us in Jan or we'll get him for 500k.

It really doesn't matter if he plays for Hibs in the Europa league - he's isn't going to be a big player for Celtic in Europe this season (if at all). We'll retain the league with or without him.

BR obviously wants him and that's fine - if Hibs want to try and play hardball and turn down 1.8m + Allen - that's their lookout. We can afford to go elsewhere and pick McGinn up on the cheap in Jan if BR still wants him.

9. Martybhoy53

I hope we wait until January now. That will teach Petrie not to mess us about.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Might find out if it's any further forward if he's withdrawn tonight , 2m - 2.5m Hibs aint making that in Europa so it's their decision.

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Again, we hold all the cards.. he wants to come and that's a massive aspect to the deal..

Tommy25 and Valhalla like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon told Celtic on Wednesday night to cough up the cash if they want to sign Hibs midfielder John McGinn.

The Parkhead side reaffirmed their interest in the Scotland international by making a second bid of around £2million, which Hibs duly rejected on Wednesday.

Entering the final year of his contract at Easter Road, McGinn has been identified as a prime target by Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers, who publicly stated his desire to sign the player earlier this week.

But Lennon insisted that, although the ongoing uncertainty has been unsettling for McGinn, there is no way the 23-year-old will be allowed to leave until Celtic meet Hibs' valuation of their prized asset.

Speaking ahead of his team's Europa League qualifier against NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands on Thursday evening, Lennon admitted: 'Yes, there has been a second bid. But the club have rejected it.

'In terms of whether it's inevitable that John will go or not, there's no way I can answer that. That is something you would need to ask Celtic.

'We've had two bids which have not been accepted by the club. There's been communication and I think Celtic are aware of what we value John at.

'I don't actually know exactly what that figure is. All I know is that Celtic haven't met it so far.

'It is unsettling for the player - of course it is. This is football and you can't stop players from progressing, but all the speculation is not an easy thing for him to deal with.

'We just need to manage him as best we can until it's resolved one way or the other. Scott Allan hasn't been mentioned in the talks, that's one thing I can say.

'The best thing for John is to play. I've seen no ill-effects in his play. He was excellent on Sunday and played well at Linlithgow last week. He has a bit of a dead leg but has trained well today and is available for selection.'

Lennon confirmed that he will have no hesitation in selecting McGinn for Thursday night's tie against the

13. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    They're probably trying to hold off for as long as possible to see if a bid materialises from England, but if the player wants to come here there's not a lot they can do.

14. Murph-E

??

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Give kouassi a chance and sign mcginn in January on a pre contract. I don't personally rate him that highly but I wouldn't say it's an area we urgently need to improve as we have brown, ntcham , McGregor, Allan, kouassi , bitton and rogic

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Good to see we're refusing to be held to ransom

Obviously its hibs' prerogative to name their price but its absolutely no skin off our nose if we dont sign him in this window

I'd be over the moon if we just signed him on a free and took the fee and pt towards a proper centre half

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If we are going over 2 million, then move on.
    He isn't worth that to us this season. If they are wanting 4-5 million, then they can jog on. Rather that got spent on a proper CB, than spend that sort of money on a midfielder who will barely get a sniff at 20 games this season.

We will see you in January Hibs, we may even offer you 200k to take him then. Or you can lose him for * all.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are now prepared to be patient and Record Sport understands that at this stage there are no other concrete offers on the table for McGinn, despite interest from England.

The player is believed to be keen on a move to his boyhood heroes in Glasgow, which also leaves the door open for him to sign on a pre-contract in January without the champions having to pay a fee.

Celtic also have other options so seem unlikely to be rushed in the chase for the Scotland ace with the English transfer window also due to close early this term for the first time on August 9.

19. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    we will bid less on the last day of the window and get him , hibs wont be wanting him to leave for free i dont think

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big Pedro will * Petrie over! Hibs playing dangerous game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.