1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Going to miss the big guy.

Massive presence and great leader. Some really important saves this season too.

Good luck Joe.

The67Sound and neilly1987 like this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

PAT BONNER has hailed Joe Hart for being a £1million “bargain” — and says replacing him will be one of Celtic’s toughest tasks.

The Hoops legend will be gutted to see the 36-year-old quit Parkhead at the end of the season, after three years at the club.

Bonner said: “It’s good that Joe has ended any uncertainty over his future.

“He’s a top professional and now wants to do all he can to make sure his final season here is another successful one with Celtic.

“Joe came to Scotland and settled a situation at the club that was very precarious.

“They brought in a keeper, Vasilis Barkas, who had cost big money, and it hadn’t worked out.

Celtic needed someone in that position who could provide stability, and Hart’s done that very well over his period here.

“He’s excelled at making big saves at the right time.

“I’ve a lot of time for him. He’s been great value for what he cost. For his level of experience, in the Premier League and Serie A and for England, a fee of £1m was a bargain.

“He will be one of the leaders in the Celtic dressing room along with Callum McGregor — and for that reason he’ll also be a big miss.

I like the way Hart conducts himself and the way he speaks. On and off the pitch he’s been a leader in every respect.

“Joe’s been a great role model at Celtic — works hard, does all the right things.

“I’m sure he’ll want his final months at the club to be as successful as possible.

“Now Celtic have to find a replacement — and how do you fill such big boots

I’m not sure there’s anybody coming through the system. I’m not convinced by the current back-ups.

“Celtic are going to have to go out and buy somebody, and it sure won’t be easy to find a candidate of Hart’s calibre

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I’d like him to stay on as a coach,his experience and leadership qualities considered,why wouldn’t we make an offer? Whatever he does he will have my best wishes,and he seems like a really sound guy as well.The wee interview post match after the league cup final under Postecoglou during YNWA was one of the best for years.

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Prime hart would have cost us £80 million. We’re getting him at the end of his career and he’s still saved us countless times. For me he’s the only thing keeping us in this title race this season

5. henriks tongue

Joe has been brilliant last couple of months
    Big man, we just need you stay completely focussed until the end, go out on a high and lift that SPL trophy.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Mark of the man that his reasons are so unselfish. Realistically he could have a year in the US or Saudi and bank a good few million if he wanted to.

Liam Scales and Rydo1888* like this.
  7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Very likeable guy, but his time here as first choice is definitely up.

I would’ve actually liked to keep him around as backup.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Top keeper and a top bloke by all accounts.. hope he stays in some capacity coaching

9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Going to miss the big guy. Showed an immense level of professionalism and been a great leader and influence in the squad. Been a very humble player with great passion which I really didnt expect.

All the best joe.
    Once a celt always a celt

seamus1967 and The67Sound like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Celtic head to Motherwell this Sunday and, barring a freak injury, Joe Hart will be in goal as usual, so nothing new there then.

The big news of the week, though, came with the announcement that the Hoops No.1 will be retiring as a player at the end of the season.

The keeper announced his decision yesterday (Thursday) and, ahead of the Fir Park meeting, he faced the media for the first time since breaking the news, and, obviously, that was high on the agenda at the pre-match press conference.

He said of the reaction since his announcement: “We were off yesterday and obviously there were a few messages.

"The majority of people that matter knew what was coming, and, especially the people that I know, they respect that this is just a time for letting people know. It’s not a time to go too deep.

‘There’s a lot of work left to do and I’m looking forward to it.’

“There was a natural three-year cycle that I had here. Previous to coming up here, I was a little bit lost in the footballing world.

“I still felt that I had my ability, but, and this is not a complaint, that's how the football world works sometimes if you don’t have a place, especially as a goalkeeper, I didn’t quite fit, it wasn’t quite sticking how I wanted it to.

“I got an opportunity to come up here, I spoke with Ange and the club. I put a few things that I’d love to happen if I was given the opportunity, to which they were open to.

“Obviously I had to keep my end of the bargain by performing, and being embraced by such a huge, amazing club.

“Most of all, the most pleasing thing for me is that a lot of the people here have respected that I've come and I give my all, no matter whether it’s good, bad or indifferent.

“I’m sure there’s many times people have wanted me in, wanted me out, but that’s the life of a goalkeeper, but ultimately it's being respected as a person, and, like I say, welcomed into a really special club.

“I’ll be 37 at the end of this season, what direction the club wants to go into, whether I fitted into that I wasn’t too sure- we didn’t even have that conversation. I certainly wasn’t interested in going and trying to play anywhere else, so it felt right.

“I wanted to be strong, fit and ultimately happy. If there is such a thing, I feel I’m in that place and I feel like it’s the right time.

“I’ve loved every minute of being here. Myself and my family, it’s been everything and more than I wanted it to be and I’ll be forever proud that I played for and represented this club.

In his first two seasons with the club, the former England internationalist has added a clean sweep of Scottish silverware to add to the same achievement down south, and, indeed, has won five trophies with Celtic.

The possibility and drive is there to make that a magnificent seven, with the Scottish Cup and the league title still up for grabs and giving him the opportunity to go out on a real high at the end of the season.

He said: “Regardless of what’s going on in my life, it’s got nothing to do with me, that’s the aim of this club, that’s the aim of these players and this management team.

'We play to win and that’s such a unique opportunity for myself to feel fit and I want to put myself in place and in the frame of mind to really go for it, and go hard.'

“Hopefully the manager makes the decision to play me in these games and I can do my best to end with a successful season.”

The keeper has already stated there’s still a lot of work left to do, and that begins with Motherwell this Sunday following a disappointing 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock last weekend.

He said: “We’ve addressed the game, we should have put the game to bed and we kept them alive. Fair play to them, they managed to get the point.

“It's not ideal for us, but we know we can improve on what we’re doing. We regularly play to a high level, we just need to get back at it and what a great opportunity on Sunday, a local game we’re going to take a good support to.

“We’re starting to get the squad fit and we can only look forward to a big game and a big opportunity.”

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Adore this big *. What a man.

Rydo1888* and HTG like this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Spent 3 years away from his family to play for us. Guessing thats enough.

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

14. Ľubomír1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do we think Pirlo made him decent guy? :56:

Seemed a bit up himself before than that and in his Man City days. After that I think he released he was living the dream really and took on a whole new attitude.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    £80m is generous there. English tax and tempting City bump on his fee to inflate it a bit included. Still absolutely swear down prime Forster, better than Prime Hart.

But the absolute appreciation and love I have for Hart now, I never ever would have thought that’d be a thing. Cos I hated him at City, mostly because of English media to be fair, not so much Hart himself.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    English tax is a thing though so that would have been his cost, multiple golden gloves…trophies including titles and cups, prem team of the years.

We all adore Forster and I respect your opinion, but in both their primes hart was better and Joe harts 75 England caps reflect that.

it’s hard not to compare the two as we see them, but seeing Forster every week in his prime vs seeing hart every week at his retirement can give a skewed reflection

17. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Happy retirement Big Yin....all thebest.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully the gods shine on your final wish and you get your final title. Good luck big man.

19. DonnyCelt

Big man's gonna need to put in a performance today like he's been doing for the last few weeks. Made some crucial saves.

C'mon Joe!!

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member