1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    All the best Joe. You'll be missed.

Come on Celtic, give him one last medal.

2. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His ability may not be what it once was, still a very good keeper mind you but it’s the man himself that will be tough to replace.

We could be doing with a handful more like him around the squad. Too many players that don’t seem to have bought into the club, lack appreciation and understand what it takes to be, or aspire to be, a true ‘professional’ footballer.

Taz, eire4, AdamRS and 1 other person like this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

6 months notice to find a new number 1. What’s the chances Siegrist or Bain will be starting in goal for us next season?

4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Never wanted Hart near us at all tbh, big guy totally won me over with his personality, passion and his performances. All the best ya big sexy English *, hope we can send ye into retirement with another title for yer collection:ynwacelti.

seamus1967 and Callum McGregor like this.
  5. wulliebad

At least that forces the clubs hand,they need a new keeper in the summer,wonder who we will sign on last day of window.

6. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Wonder if that was part of the thinking getting him to announce it now and put that uselese * Lawell Jr under pressure to actually do some work and stop sitting sucking his da's fat * aw day long.

All the best to Hart tho. Definitely right time to go but will be hard to replace the character, no doubt he's a huge figure around the place and completely changed opinion I had of him when he was playing at City and England.

Hers hoping he's waving goodbye in may with Scottish Cup in his hand and another league medal in his back pocket

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Actually surprised he is retiring. Thought he would do a year somewhere else, with lesser demands.

But I'll echo the other sentiments, great keeper, great servant.

At first I wasn't for the signing, but quickly over came that and he's been brilliant for us.

All the best Joe and thank you.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Win the league for Joe bhoys !!

honda likes this.
  9. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Fair play to the guy for actually wanting to get back into a first team for his last years. Could have sat on the bench of a PL club forever collecting several times the wage, or went for more money in the MLS or Saudi Arabia, but seems like he wanted to do something meaningful with his last few years. Hopefully he feels he's achieved that. Good time to bow out.

The_Bhoy, HoopyT and Peej like this.
  10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Been a good signing, he can leave with his head held high and will be welcome back at Celtic Park any time. That can’t be said for all players that have left the club.

The_Bhoy, HoopyT, Peej and 1 other person like this.
  11. DonnyCelt

He came here and he "got it"

He has his flaws but all in all he's been a very good keeper for us. Not just a top professional, but a top bloke as well.

Wish him all the best when he returns. Hopefully offer him a coaching role.

HoopyT, Forestbhoy66 and Peej like this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

He's been a good servant for us. I was against this signing when it happened but fair play to him, he's proven me wrong. I hadn't realised that he's played 138 games for us, we're by far the team he's played for the most outwith City.

Thought he was excellent in Year 1. Was inconsistent last year and has sort of continued that this season, albeit he has been one of our best players in recent weeks. He's been a good acquisition overall. He steadied the ship and brought back standards to that position, along with his character. But we definitely needed an upgrade in the Summer irrespective of his retirement. Unfortunately, I won't hold my breath on us achieving said upgrade.

Hopefully we can perform miracles and end this season on a high for him.

HoopyT likes this.
  13. bigmac7288

I never like Hart when he played in the EPL seemed like a * and I did not want him to come here after being poster boy for the England team well I am glad he proved me wrong he seems to be a top bloke good professional.

(just like I wanted Rodgers back and thats proved me wrong as well)

Now let’s go out and win the League even better if its the double. Hart has chosen our beloved club to end his career and such a good career he has had we all talk about medals and trophies well his house is full of awards now lets add another 2 to it and come May lets have Celtic park bouncing giving Joe Hart the send off he deserves (thats my wish)

take NOTE Rodgers and in the summer * off out my club along with Lawwell, DD and the rest of dicks on the board.

lets hope come May we are partying like * with Joe Hart and Glasgow is Green and White. HH

jimbobers likes this.
  14. Martybhoy53

138 appearances and 5 trophies. Hopefully by the end of the season it will be 7 trophies. Compare that to captain loser at the scum.Over 400 appearances and 3 trophies.

jimbobers and eire4 like this.
  15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Class act on and off the park. I do wonder if this was done with a bit in mind of putting the club under pressure in terms of bringing in a legit new keeper in the summer.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I love a conspiracy and a board bashing, so I'm all for this ..

Hart, Taylor and McGregor are all clearly on Rodgers side, could it be that he's forcing the issue of the board to push for his own replacement? Help his manager out and all that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Stranger things have happened for sure.

Peej likes this.
  18. JamesM09

I’ve got a lot of time for Hart. Really glad he came here. I feel like he loved it too.

jimbobers likes this.
  19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Glad he is going out on a high, if he had stayed much longer then his reputation would have been in tatters.