1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Same like others have said wasn’t a fan of him before he came but he has won everyone over.

Done a job for us, gets the club and wish him all the best!

2. TheHappyLoss

Lovely big guy and in the main done well for us. Wish him all the luck in the future.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. FrankMcCallum

Great servant for us, and probably the right time to move on, and I have absolutely zero faith in the club replacing him.

4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Went from hating the guy to adoring him, took the club to heart and gave his all for us, he’s been brilliant overall. Thought he’d have went for the MLS for a year or 2 to be honest.

Would love for him to stay around the club in some capacity. The guys never out the gym and worked with some big names over the years.

5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Aye that’s a cert.

Bain to be starting for us come the start of next season.

6. mayo

Clutching at straws but hopefully galvanises the team to make his career end on a high note as he seems a popular figure in the dressing room

7. JimOfTheJungle

I despised him at Manchester City! Was the darling of the English media and just had a punchable face and irritating attitude on the park.

Came up here and he has conducted himself brilliantly. Seems to have mellowed and just comes across as a gentleman.

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Probably good timing for him to retire and what a career for hm to look back on. Has been a really important part of the success we have enjoyed the past couple of seasons. Comes across as a really class act on and off the park. Came in at a very difficult time and really solidified a problem area for us and I think maybe his leadership in the dressing room is a bit under rated.
    Wish him nothing but the best. Lets hope somehow he and the team can pull a rabbit out of the hat and turn this season around.

neilly1987 and carraigbhoy like this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Absolute legend of a guy.

Has to galvanise the team, surely.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think that's why he's done it. Go on lads, win the league for Joe.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bring Fraser Forster home for part 4. :giggle1:

Random Review and neilly1987 like this.
  12. ardis1967

Was a massive signing for us at a time when we didn't have many leaders in the dressing room.

Fair play to him made some vital saves this season

eire4 and neilly1987 like this.
  13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Overall I think he's been a really good signing for us. It's not his fault we didn't bring another keeper in to challenge for his spot and push him on, resulting in his standards dipping. Good luck to him with whatever he moves on to next.

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man has his head screwed on, definitely the right time for him. Overall been * excellent for us and will always remember his time here fondly.

Would be huge if we could retain his services and put him through his coaching badges, he has an elite attitude and mindset and also a cracking big *.

Cheers big Joe!

eire4, Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Love the big man.

Sad to see him retiring, but glad he's making the decision and that we are his last club, probably thinking its downhill from here.

Just a pity like Broony the season is turning into a * show so will be leaving at a time when it'll be a bad time and probably won't grt the send off he deserves.

neilly1987 likes this.
  16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Wish him all the best

With who he is and what he’s won in the past it would be so easy for him to be a bit arrogant and look down on Scottish football but he is one of the most humble guys around. Not going to lie i’ve never really rated him with us on the pitch but you could tell he was a big presence off the pitch and one that you’d definitely welcome back in a coaching capacity.

I’m sure he’s on the same money as McCarthy aswell and look at the difference between how much each player has contributed.

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Joe Hart has opened up on his decision to retire from professional football.

The Celtic goalkeeper confirmed that he will be hanging his boots up at the end of the current campaign but reaffirmed his commitment to help the Parkhead side fight for the league and Scottish Cup.

Hart has enjoyed a glittering career, including winning the Premier League with Manchester City on two occasions and also being capped by England 75 times.

And the 36-year-old made clear he wanted to be upfront with the club about his mindset.

Speaking to Celtic TV, he said: "We're here because I want to get the message out that as of June I'm going to stop playing professional football.

"This is something that I've thought about for a while. There's no right or wrong time, is there?

"But the way this club works, there's so much heart and soul poured into what we're doing as a football club.

"But with the grand scheme of the club and the support base, and the conversations that go on around, there's obviously a conversation around the goalkeeping position for next season.

"So I just think it was really important that with the blessing of the club... I've had the conversations with the club Brendan and Stevie Woods that we get the message out and it takes one thing off the table that people need to speculate over.

I'm definitely not going to be there next season. I wanted to take that off the table, so we can talk about why and then push forward."

Hart has won five trophies during his time in Glasgow since arriving in the summer of 2021.

And the shot-stopper insists he has plenty to give between now and the end of the season

"I feel like my game is in a really good place at the moment," he continued. "I've gone down every avenue I can to keep myself in the best possible shape and position come game day and right now I'm at that.

"I really do feel like come gameday I really do peak. But I'm aware that time waits for no man and I don't want my body to be retiring me.

"So that was one of the key factors, thinking that I can smash through the finishing line."

18. celtic warrior

He's no Fraser Forster.... but by * has become one of us.

I'm just repeating what has already been said but I had zero faith in the move working out given how little he played.

He's been utterly fantastic for us

Tommy25, TheHappyLoss and neilly1987 like this.
  19. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Low hanging fruit here but he's not related to anyone on the board so that will never happen.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  20. DonnyCelt

At least we signed a replacement in January..........oh wait.

KRS-1888 likes this.