1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[No Link] Jermaine Defoe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MartinoBianco, Dec 18, 2018.

Discuss Jermaine Defoe in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunm

How old was Ian Wright when we signed him?Defoe is probably a decent player still,but nowhere near the level he was

2. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    He's a good signing for them doubt he'll be a regular anyway if morelos stays. End of the day it's up to us whether or not ten gets stopped not them if we spend the right money and sign the right players we'll blow them away our complacency for the last year is the only reason they have a sniff.

3. Martybhoy53

Bournemouth have recall options in Summer 2019 and January 2020.

4. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    kinda glad we didnt get him as some others in here also believe. far too old and is on huge 75k a week

how in this day in age are they getting away with this. i thought they were skint but they have agreed terms with a premier league clubs top earner. Bournemouth must be taking sum hit on this. he didnt cost them any money to bring in but i still cant see the logic in it at all. i saw jermaine defoe on soccer am the other week with a couple of the bournemouth players and they seemed to get on great so cant fathom why bournemouth would sanction this unless a huge part of the salary is covered by sevco. So it begs the question, who pays for his *. the scums accounts are a joke, yet they are allowed to crack on without punishment. playing european competition when every other team in the league is struggeling to compete and plating by the rules.

my concerns lie with celtic though, this is surely going to be a defining transfer window one way or the other. i will dmit it. im * bricking it. this isnt what id expect to see from a team who was looking to get the business done early. manager said he wants everyone in before dubai. well clocks ticking. if the team doesnt look significantly stronger by the time the hoops fly out thats when the fans should be applying more pressure to the board. Brendan has stated numerous times he wants all new faces in before dubai.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Off to Dubai on Saturday so won’t be happening!

6. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Who cares man

7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    why would they recall him , he's almost eligible for a bus pass. he will finish up here.

8. apevrak

He's been playing in the League Cup this season against MK Dons, Blackburn and Norwich. Only produced one assist in three games against opposition similar to what you'll find in the SPFL. I watched him a couple of times last season, he looked slow and easily pushed off the ball. He might get the odd goal against dog * defences like Hamilton and Dundee, but I will be very surprised if he'll have any serious impact in SPFL.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don’t recall him as that type of player at all..

10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    As you get older your not as strong , and the spl can be an unforgiving league, its very physical and you need to fight sometimes, that's why a lot of signings have came with reputations and bombed thinking it's easy.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Think you’re just being stubborn. Some people are worried by this signing and being super defensive about it.

I’m not worried. I can just acknowledge a great bit of business when I see it. He makes them better, but not good enough to beat us to the title.

12. ddub11

A good signing for them and if he stays fit will be a huge bonus for them if they hold onto morelos,and this could be a huge threat to our league ambitions this year.
    Some say he,s past it but in our league he could score a sack full of goals(lets hope not).

At the end of the day it shouldn't really matter who they sign as long as we invest in our own team but going by past windows i wouldn't be to confident about us bringing in any decent players.

Let them do their business(we know how that goes)and we will get on with ours and hope our board back Rodgers.

13. Roskopicachu

Defoe will be cover for Morelos.
    Here's the kicker. Sevco surely have to sell a player to balance the books. Defoe in as a replacement for Morelos, i'd take that.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Defoe is better than Morelos.

Artorias likes this.
  15. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Mcgregor is a goalkeeper big difference , how is 38yr old Gareth McAuley doing ?

16. Jeremie Frimpong

How can you possibly infer how Defoe will fare from McAuley’s performances?

Take a day off.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If they get a bid he will be off.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11 pages Jesus *.:56:

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    People always say that though "he could score X amount". But does it ever happen? Ian Wright, James Beattie, Grant Holt all other older guys like Sutton, Hartson, Vennegoor, Prso once they're old they're faded badly and just don't cut it and I think Defoe will be the oldest of the lot.

Old players just never do that well cause they're old and don't have the legs and energy and can't afford to be carried so if they have 3/4 quiet games on the bounce they end up on the bench and once they do their legs get worse as they're not playing regular football and start giving up hope of ever playing regularly again.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Why the * are folk getting worried, he’s 36 and hasn’t got the legs he used to, granted he may score a good few he’s not the type of striker they play with and the rest of their team is pish. 1 good has been striker doesn’t make you a good team, don’t believe the hype the media are creating.

They are * away money once again and will need to sell players to bankroll it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.