1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    As stated on the match thread u was gutted when he started but had a great game. Wether this last to 2 games we'll see.. :39:

2. murphy88

He was decent when he come on during the week and better again today. He looked a threat today, something he hasn’t for a while. Being aggressive with the ball other than passive. Brilliant finish as well.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    quite a few people said he was rotten the day when I posted this at half time.

Attached Files:

4. joemc

We write off players to quickly as fans ,he has virtually been out as long if not more than big jullien and he is only really starting to get sharpness back .

Boruc17 likes this.
  5. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone else think he will play his full career here ?

With the injuries he has always dealt with since breaking into the first team I can't see him wanting to drop down the leagues just to keep playing.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye.

Montero likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Much more like himself.

8. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Definitely… doesn’t happen overnight getting back up to speed and getting the match fitness back. First time I seen him the day looking confident taking his man on… Massive player coming to the business end of a championship

joemc likes this.
  9. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    If he's * next week then yes..

Sydneysider and Noskeil like this.
  10. Keano88

I agree but I also think we as fans are quick at doing the opposite as well tbh.

I’ve always been a fan of him, but most of the criticism of him before today was fair and plaudits of him today are also fair.

The signs have been good the past few games but he has to continue to contribute like today from now until the end of the season.

If he can he’ll be a great asset to have for the run in.

martin_d, PaddyJamieson and joemc like this.
  11. gary88

How many celtic goals is he on now? Can't be far off 100

12. joemc

Totally, ist not easy coming into a team like how we play now after a long long lay off , we are a quicker team , we run and press more , there are no hiding places to draw breath , and that's only part of wot coming back I brings, the manager obviously sees wot he has and is trying to bring it back , he only has to get up to speed with the team again , the 1 I really feel for is mj , he wants it so bad it's going against him , he needs to build himself into games doing the simple things and regain confidence in himself to have an influence, this guy has it all as well , needs to let go of the last few years , and get out of his his head space and play .

martin_d and Keano88 like this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    97 and 96 assists. Only two other players have hit 100 in both, Larsson and Jinky.

14. joemc

Mental how he isn't looked on as a great , with most of our fans , has lost about 4 years through injuries and stats like that are fantastic.

martin_d, eire4 and NomDePlum like this.
  15. joemc

Not the injury stats lol .

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye he is without doubt a legend for us.

eire4, moravcik1888 and joemc like this.
  17. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Aye mental...

18. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    a well finished goal today from Him.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Brilliant game from Forrest today and great to see him play so well as we head into the run in. His experience at this time of the season could be so crucial and hopefully that performance and excellent finish for his goal will give him the confidence boost to finish the season on a high.

martin_d likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It is a reflection of James Forrest’s Celtic contribution that his latest goal took him to one milestone while closing in on another.

The Scotland internationalist is the most decorated player at the club with 19 winners’ medals yet still invites criticism for his contribution.

His goal against Livingston, the third of the afternoon for Celtic, means he now joins a small band of players who have scored in 13 successive league top-flight campaigns. He also knocking on the door of Celtic’s 100 club with 96 to his name now.

Someone said that to me a couple of months ago [the 13 successful seasons] and I have felt as though I have had lots of chances and just not been able to take them,” he said. “Sometimes the harder chances go in.

“The manager always says if the forward players keep getting in the right areas then they will get the goals and I was glad I managed to do that.

“It's always been a target [100 goals]. When I scored my last goal, it seems a while ago now, I said that when you are playing with such good players in the squad you are always going to get chances and it will just come down to me whether I take them or not. I managed to get one today so hopefully I can keep adding to it.

“Normally it's afterwards you talk about stuff you have done. I know it's not easy. I'm not going to say 'when I score four goals'. I am just going to keep working hard and try to add to that and help the team in the coming games.”

And Forrest was delighted to leave Livingston with what could transpire to be a significant three points.

“I think it’s the best we have played here,” he said. “We scored three and had other chances as well, so I think that is really good for the staff and the players to put in a performance like that.”