1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Roberts is good but Forrest is deservingly keeping him out the team. Im a big fan of Roberts but since he came back from Injury 2 months ago he's not done enough in his sub appearances to win his place back, especially as Forrest has been getting better and better. Roberts will have to score or have a big performance to get back in the team and then he'll need to keep delivering to stay there.

I thought Roberts would have been a big player for us in Europe but theres no doubt that out him and Forrest, Forrest is the much better defensively and he can keep the pace up over 90 minutes. Roberts may actually be a weak link as he doesnt have the same engine or pace.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Because he's playing the best football we've seen from him, for year's. Of all the thread's, we get a guy not getting the praise he deserves again for having another good game, and making our first goal..

Roberts was pish again yesterday by the way. Why no go in slagging him? If Shooders was playing as badly as Roberts (who will be a sensational player) has been post injury, he'd of been hounded..

Keano88 likes this.
  3. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Im hardly hounding Forrest either tho am I?

I've said already he's playing well, I just don't think he has a 'next level' that we probably need, especially on Wednesday.

If he proves me wrong, I'll be happy to take the resultant pounding for it on here.

4. shaunm

Forrest is playing really well,really rate Roberts think he is a better player, got a feeling as he is a loan player he wont feature as much this season if Forrest keeps his form though

5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I really don't get the "always goes on the outside" comment. It's like you haven't watched him play this season

Keano88 and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Cmcgregor90

Roberts is more gifted yes and in form for me is the better option

But Roberts isn't in form and Forrest is simple as that

Random Review likes this.
  7. Cmcgregor90

I actually remember Forrest when he first came through the first team he had this kind of form. He's always been a good player "very frustrating" at times and has been very injury prone

Once he was regarded as one of the top ten exciting youth players coming through by UEFA

8. Moussa10

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time: Larsson Current: Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He's been fantastic this season, brilliant to see one of our own youth product playing so well and giving a great account of himself domestically and in Europe

9. joemc

need him to find a show stopping performance on wednesday ,i believe he is still bellow where he would have been had it not been for all the injuries he has had ,i also think he has the level in him to become our top player in the team ,he is a player who will find that level when he has the support of all the fans onside .

Moussa10 likes this.
  10. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    I like his directness, he should never stop being direct and aggressive like he is right now. Run at FB, make a dribbling, go past LB, shot/pass/cross, that's it, no messing around.

Right now Roberts tries to much, losing the ball while trying to be Messi, dwells on the ball, he needs to play a lot more faster.

Random Review likes this.
  11. z1c0

His first touch and control are absolutely cracking, that little bit of skill to sidestep the defender when running at that pace was brilliant.

DaBomber likes this.
  12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, he's always had great control of the ball but a lot of the time before he played like he was scared to run at players only now and again, so hed get the ball under control and then pass inside to someone or back and then run inside and avoid getting involved a lot always looked incapable of playing a full game at a decent tempo. He never tried to take the onus upon himself in games to be the main player. This season he's been doing it regularly, now looks like he wants to and is capable of being the main man in the team who tries to start off moves and demands the ball all the time and is choking to get involved always moving into space or passing and then making a run to get it back. Something he'd maybe have picked up off McGeady who done that for us from the age of about 20 if they had played together for a season or two.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Moussa10

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time: Larsson Current: Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I agree with the injury side of things, I think he would be miles ahead if he were able to stay fit, I also find it interesting how fit he has been under Rodgers, is this another example of him managing certain players differently to get the best out of them

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair, he was also fit under Deila. It was under Ronny where it got turned around for Forrest on the injury front

16. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He had an injury free time under Deila, he just had a terrible attitude.

On current form, it's difficult to leave him out the team.

When both are on form, it's Roberts for me, but both are not on form just now, only Forrest, so it's quite simple that he starts.

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye there was some signs of him beginning to turn his attitude around under Deila, but that all went to *. Seems Brendan has got through to him

18. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Watched a Monchengladbach game just after the draw was made and their left side looked really weak.

I'd fancy Forrest to cause them major problems on Wednesday.

19. Swervedancer Guest

Great point. I never thought of it that way but now you mention it, it's very obvious, in all aspects of life if you're learning with someone performing better than you and you're attentive enough and up for the challenge then you're going to get confident from it and especially when it brings out all the skills that were dormant when you'd lost that confidence before.

20. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Rotten.

Give Roberts a run.