1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

I like it.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ScottBhoy+, Oct 6, 2014.

Discuss I like it. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ScottBhoy+

I like the current situation. An exciting league. Not knowing if we'll win. Having to actually play well to beat teams. Teams not being scared of us an pumping 11 men behind the ball.

It's exciting. After all, there would be nothin more boring that sitting top of the league until May.

Bring it on. I embrace the unknown.

2. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Yeah I love us being * too:87:

3. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I understand your thinking but the simple fact is that we should be pumping most teams and whilst it might make for a more competitive league it does nothing for our standing in terms of revenue and enticing decent players to join.

We also lose the fear factor which compounds the issue. The big issue for me is how far in front we are of Rangers when they get back up.

4. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

I'd agree if we were playing to our full ability and playing good football and getting challenged, but simply we are playing pretty pish and really we shouldn't be. We should be far ahead of most teams in this league, and fair enough if one steps up and pushes us all the way then great, but instead it's our own incompetence that is the cause of this, not other teams getting better.

5. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    spot on. was goin to say exactly this.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :56:

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fair * to the OP for trying to look for a positive angle. I don´t see it myself.

8. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Aye, if it gets any more exciting we will be playing you know who next year.....in their new home division!:bbpd:

I know what you mean, but no, it isnt good for anyone within the Celtic world.

9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I have to agree to some extent with the opening post. There is a degree of enjoying the unknown... and let's face it - there is a sense of entitlement growing on this site, as well as in the Celtic support as a whole. This is an ugliness; something that we far more commonly associate with the legion of the great blue unwashed horde - and something we can do without.

Inevitably we will eventually run away with the league - I mean, this is the start of October. If this is still the position we are in as we head into April it would be a completely different story. Not saying I want Celtic to be losing, but just maybe the current trough will wake up a few fans that have grown complacent about winning and taking things for granted for far too long.

And as much as there may be groans going around, just maybe, like the demise of the huns, there is a positive to be taken from this that is to the betterment of the game in this country as a whole. Again, grumble all we might, but having a competition that we have to fight to win rather than just walking up and expecting to have everything handed to us can only be a good thing.

There is a level of expectation amoung our support that the club, the team and he manager are accountable for and have to deal with, but being a fan is not always just about the good times, it's about the rough also.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  10. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I know, but i actually feel sorry for Deila, as i think he will actually get lobbed out before he has had the opportunity to see his plans and ideas work out, as im sure they would given the time.
    I think if he loses another home game like that he will be gone.Unfortunately in football, the fans who are ok with the manager are too quiet, and those who want him out shout it from the rooftops, and it usually means the guy loses his job.....even if those who support him are in the majority.

If that happens, whoever picks up the pieces will have won the lottery, as he will get all the plaudits for turning it around, which he surely will.
    So from that perspective, i dont think it is good.

11. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    With respect, MGM, I can't see the club going into panic mode and pulling the pin this early in the season. Even with horror show managers like Barnes and Mowbray, they were given through to the likes of March before they were 'shown the door'. Everything that has emerged from the club seems to suggest that they are buying into the philosophy of what the manager is trying to do and work within the remit that they put together when they were looking for Lenny's replacement.

I do concede and understand that in the modern game managers are afforded much less time to implement their ideas and the demand for instant gratification can be overwhelming. However as you point out we are in a very good position as the dominant force within the sphere of the game in this country and with the resources at the club's disposal that other clubs simply cannot match it will prove that over the coming months will prove the difference in ensuring that we are able to get on a roll. I'm not saying that Ronnie is perfect, nor the start to this season has been ideal, but at the same point, I'm not about to write him off either.

Further, and perhaps more importantly, I feel that this is the position that Lawwell & co have adopted also.

The critical time will be making sure that our club is both primed and fully prepared going into the next European campaign (and let's not forget that we are in a very decent spot in this year's EL so far also), so there is no repeat of the struggles we had in qualifying for the CL, in addition to ensure that we are strong enough and able to account for whatever the next domestic season brings also.

12. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I hope you are right.
    I support him too, but negativity is like a virus in football.....and sometimes it swiftly moves from the terraces to the players to the boardroom.

13. Maestro 08

Take a look around CP on game day. You're in the minority. Only at matter of time before Lawell looks at attendances, his hate mail, no Champs league football, the money dwindling and pulls the trigger on Ronny. Rightly or wrongly he'll be the first to fall.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is utter nonsense. Lawwell is nothing if not loyal. He'd never stab Deila in the back to save his own skin. Have a word with yourself.

15. ordinaryman

Sadly I agree. Like it or not, Football and therefore Celtic is in the entertainment industry. Revenue is fed by the punters. If Punters don't show up, then the message is that it's not value for money. Lawwell is not only a Fan, he is a businessman who's paid to make sure there is a sustainably line of profit...can't wait for this year's figures.

Many years ago I was a Boss of Team in another industry if, like Ronny did yesterday, one of my guys said 'I'm not bothered', either his attitude would need to change or he would be moving closer to the door. I wonder how Ronny would react to Broonie coming out with a statement like that....and if Ronny is of that mind, how can he possibly get the players pumped up for games like Accies.....'don't worry you supporters. Keep paying at the turnstile every home game and at the end of the season it'll have all worked out'. Shameful statement and one that Lawwell needs to address with Ronny before it's too late.

16. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    What the * has happened here?

Settling for second best and trying to pass off * football because it's somehow exciting to watch a team full of people on 15x what a Hamilton player is and them walking all over us... Were you all brought up Celtic fans or did you pick the team out a hat?

"I'd agree if we were playing to our full ability and playing good football and getting challenged, but simply we are playing pretty pish and really we shouldn't be." Sums the league up. If a team matches us on full ability then so be it but I will not laugh off a slaughter-fest against a newly promoted side.

17. ticticboom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Good on Delia making the league more fun & exciting for everyone but us..

18. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    There's a difference between having good competition and us just being *.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Problem is the consistency of our crap play, that's more worrying.

This isn't just happening now and again this is consistent. Our last 2 league games has results in 40+ chances and we have scored 1 goal, a pk.

20. Bratfurdbhoy1

The only reason this league is 'interesting' is because we are *- tell you what let's get relgated and get in with the real 'intersting league'-this thread is bananas!