1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Huns V Celtic Sunday April 7th kick off 12PM Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Mar 31, 2024.

Discuss Huns V Celtic Sunday April 7th kick off 12PM Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Get back tae work you. You told me your to busy to think about this game until Sunday :56:

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Beaton is a hun

3. john2061

This appointment is totally taken the * now from the SFA and the board at least should come out with at least a statement they are not happy with this appointment especially after tyncastle but as usual this weak board will do * all and they are sticking two fingers up at Celtic with appointing beaton .

4. Foley1888

Yeah it’s no surprise they will target them two everyone does, but I guess my point is can the other guys in their team do their jobs to pin them in? Cantwell couldn’t cover McGregor the last time and he ran the game.

Taylor isn’t the best at handling a press but if people make themselves available he can play a good forward pass of his left.

Where I don’t want them taking unnecessary risks and I am not opposed to going direct on occasion, we can’t get stuck constantly doing that a giving them the ball back. Games where this team have caused us problems have largely been because of that style of play and giving up possession to easily.

One of our big chances in this game is breaking that initial press as they are wide open after that and it’s been that way since Gerrard used the narrow midfield play to suffocate the centre of the park. A quick switch of play leaves them exposed and short of defensive numbers. We need to exploit that and be clinical when we do.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    It's only the Rangers board that allowed to do such things.

Our board would be fined enough money to keep the lights on at the shitpit

6. PaddyJamieson

Gallus as * of them to appoint Beaton for this, not even trying to hide it. I hope Rodgers has something to say about it in his presser.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Taylor is actually decent in possession, a good passer of the ball I think. But with Scales, I'd genuinely tell him just to shell it every time he touches it. He's that * bad. I'm sick of seeing the useless * pass it to opposition or straight out the pitch.

Cantwell done a number on Cal a while back, think it was when that gobshite Beale first came in, he had him man mark Cal and it stifled our whole game. I think they'll go for that approach again and we'll struggle to get out.

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Aye, I was just saying that that hun hasn't given any insight on their game plan. We all know what they'll try to do.

We've struggled against terrible teams who are pressing us when we feel the need to keep hold of possession. Most goals have been conceded because of mistakes when pressed. Just go * long when nothing is on. We have the pace up top to exploit it at times.

We win the midfield battle, we win the game. No reason why we shouldn't be winning it. None of their central midfielders are better than McGregor or Iwata or O'Riley or Hatate.

We turn up, we win. It's all about attitude.

Dannybhoy81 and JC Anton like this.
  9. Foley1888

The only real game I can think that would have been was the one after we won the league? Other than that we beat them in all the other games.

cas79 likes this.
  10. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What a surprise, but just get on with it.

Does it really matter who is ref, Walsh being the best of a horrible bunch.

seanm likes this.
  11. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I think the SFA have just piled tons of pressure on beaton..it's stupid appointing him for 2 reasons. after what Rodgers said there's quite clearly no trust in him being impartial and 2 the Huns will accuse us of putting pressure on him so he's the reason they lost. He's going to be watched like a hawk.

seanm likes this.
  12. seanm

If our japanese bhoys turn up we win .simples. banzai. HH

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It definitely could matter..

Just sitting there taking Hun supporting officials is incomprehensible to me... the club should be doing much much more and can't understand fans who accept it either..

Tim-Time 1888 and Mickmac like this.
  14. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm pretty shocked they gave it to Beathun. I thought they'd at least hold off until the game at Parkhead and give him that when the heat was off him a bit.
    The pressure on him will be immense and you'd think he would have to at least try to be fairer than usual but none of them have any shame and they don't have to fear being called out by the media and our board are toothless. They've blatantly cheated so many times it shows they just don't give a * so I can see it being business as usual.

15. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    :56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

We beat them but their plan of shutting Cal down definitely worked. The game at Celtic Park where that auld beast, McGregor came out like an old man, and Jota went around him ... They had large spells of being better team iirc. I was at it and it was the first time I remember thinking they had a specific plan and to a degree it was working. There was 2 or 3 games where they stuck to Cal like flies around * and we struggled because of it.

The midfield is so important on Sunday, they'll have that big lump of wid, Lundstrom, trying to kick anything that moves. We need to be quicker and out outwork them.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    I would get at there CBs Souttar and Goldson are slower than a week in jail our attackers are all quick in behind is the best option

I like Maeda going 1v1 with tavpen it nullifies his attacking presence in lots of ways so I’m ok with that Khun will have Barasic or Yilmaz pinned as he can go both ways.

We can go long bypass the press and get joy in behind if you see they’re back line it’s not great going back the way

Mickmac likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just seen the news and my blood boiled lol

19. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Didn't Gerrard complain about Collum then he didn't get a Rangers game for months.

Double standards at play.

20. oh bhoy

what a * stitch up

Blochairnbhoy likes this.