1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

Youan's red card was harsh - but he should've seen a straight red for the studs up on Starfelt moments before so * him.

Sportscene saying CCV instigated the penalty and that Hanlon did impead him BUT before the ball was in play so wasn't a penalty.

.....OK

Well Starfelt was impending the Hibs player for their penalty BUT the * wasn't ever getting the ball. Why should that be a penalty? Jack and Goldshun do that every week for the huns and its never picked up. Plain and simple, different rules for different clubs.

Kyogo blast the ball from close range, hits a Hibs players arm, thts down by his side in the box. Never a penalty in a million years and quite rightly not given. But, if that happens in our box against us it's ALWAYS given as a penalty. E.g O'Riley, Bernabei etc. Again, different rules for different clubs.

We've already seen how lines drawn on the screen for transparency are blatantly ignored. It happened in the midweek game against Hearts for their goal. Blue line behind the Green line, indicating the Hwarts players knee was infront of Starfelts foot. Result, goal given.

And it happens again yesterday in the huns game. You didn't even need lines to see that Sakala was just the two feet offside in the build up to their 3rd. VAR went to the check. Result, goal given.

And why VAR didn't get involved to see that wee * Cuntwell instigated a red card for the Well player is beyond disgraceful.

But, like many of us have said. VAR was NOT brought in to be fair and impartial. It was brought in to aid one team and one team only. Low and behold the results on a weekly basis show this to be true.

We should tell the SPFL at the end of the season that we are no longer prepared to pay for this *.

john2061 likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Here is another point if he’s studded player and never got second yellow for that …. Then his second yellow is justifies as it’s his third foul in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyCelt likes this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Don’t see how they can have any complaints about our penalty, * wasn’t even facing the ball and pulled CCV all the way.

Youan could of easily had a straight red for the studs into Starfelt, wasn’t even close to the ball. Though 2nd wasn’t a yellow.

The penalty against Starfelt you see that every single week, Hanlon didn’t even claim for it. There will be 5 pens per game now if that’s the standard.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Yeah a yellow doesn't have to be for an actual yellow card offence, if you've been a dirty * and ignored the warning and done it again 2 mins later he can get a yellow.

cas79, littlekennie and DonnyCelt like this.
  5. DonnyCelt

Agreed pal

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Westlondonscot likes this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Everyone has called this out as stupid, but it won't stop them. Just think a couple of weeks ago Kent fouled a player and they gave the huns a penalty for handball! Then instead of criticising that in Scotland tried to focus on Johnston's goal against hearts. Sky ripped into them though.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Motherwell manager gets a wee dressing down from Crawford Allan..

Lol..

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Mental how we all seen this coming with VAR, then it happens and still nobody really does anything.

Celtic should never have let that Hearts goal stand last week. Ange and the Board should have been slaughtering it after the game, cause we let one offside goal go against us and never said a thing it happened again this week in favour of the huns and if Motherwell never called it out would probably have kept happening now they know they can * about with the lines putting them up wrong and picking what goals they want to disallow or count.

Picking and choosing what penalties to give is one thing but allowing goals that are clearly off should be sacking material for everyone involved.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Kettlewell can say what he wants it’s his opinion he’s not out right called them cheats just said it wasn’t onside so Crawford Allen can go * himself

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What makes me laugh and that wee hun who kids on he supports Well, the host, keeps saying about offside, its fact.

How the * is it fact, lol.

They can draw lines however they want, colour code however they wish, its somebody that makes the call, end of.

I honestly believe Sakala is offside and they are showing whatever and saying they don't care its onside, regardless hwlownit looks.

13. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just heard Andy Walker's views on the penalties given in the Hibs game. Bizarrely he thinks neither was a Pen despite Starfelt clearly pulling the Hibs player's shirt and CCV being wrestled to the ground by a Hibs player who never once even looked in the direction of where the corner is due to come from. It's galling that this guy is being given air-time at all let alone as some sort of authority on things Celtic. He talks rubbish and at times literally doesn't have a clue of what he is even watching. I can remember several instances where he has watched a replay clearly prove something (Celtic not getting a corner when ball obviously goes out off the opposition for example) and STILL not called it right. To think him and Boyd are the go-to 'experts' for Sky's Scottish football coverage :31:

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That wee * Tam McManus earlier saying the Carter-Vickers one wasn't a penalty whilst in the hospitality at Celtic Park 9 bottles deep the wee * *..

Hanlon can just bear hug him to stop him and just because Carter-Vickers goes down, it's then soft? * off. He's deliberately going down to highlight what's happened..

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    They've set a pretense now though, and holding pulling, etc all needs to be VAR checked. Well you'd expect so.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I always took it that it was a penalty if you tug a players jersey just as he's jumping for the ball, that way you are denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Every week you will see jersey's being pulled within the penalty box, 99% of the time it goes unpunished.

The annoying thing for me is that Starfelt gave them a decision to make, an excuse to give a penalty against us, will be very interesting to see if any other teams are penalised in this manner, i seriously doubt it.

It's as if they make it up as they go along, the interpritation of the rules all depends on who's playing and the colour of the jersey.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’ve posted two images I. The hun thread the image var room produced with lines and the replay from my tv and I believe the var room has shopped the image to make sikala look onside when he’s clearly off in the other image

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Dundee Utd call var summit honestly think the masons are trying to relegate them … one less team for the huns to worry about they usually get a game from them

19. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Can you post them both in here?

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:

Tries to get a hold of Carter-Vickers shirt and handles it, despite seeing it coming all the way from a corner..

Laughable that it's being discussed as soft and that we've gotten away with one..