1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Here is how Celtic can qualify for the knockout stages

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by rorylando45, Nov 6, 2015.

Discuss Here is how Celtic can qualify for the knockout stages in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Glorious1967

Blackett, Ambrose, Boyata, * me can you imagine had we actually made the CL this season what would have happened, Shaktar destroyed Malmo this week , i think that puts it into perspective, the £15 million would come in handy but its not worth the utter humiliation, until we have people running the club who actually care about our standing in European football forget it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The money is every bit worth any humiliation we might suffer.

It's the only way we can drag ourselves out of this mire and not be humiliated in the future.

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Yeah the money means we can improve the squad (mainly defence).

If we're getting humped out of EL might as well get humped out CL for 10x the cash.

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

1. The humiliation would be worth £15m.
    2. It would have been worth double that.
    3. Malmo beat Shakhtar 2-0 at home.

5. Samurai Bhoy

To me, at this stage, qualifying doesn't matter a *. We have 2 points after 4 games cuz we've been worth 2 points in the 4 games we've played.

We've shown glimpses of good football in periods of 10 minutes or so of each game but other than that we have been shocking.

I just want to see the fight back, I want to see 11 players giving their all for the jersey, I want to see players fighting tooth and nail for each ball, I want to see the players grow into the Celtic jersey cuz looking at our 1st team squad of late, not many of those players deserve to wear the same hoops as the previous player who filled their shirt.
    I donno whether it's too many loan players, or players using us as a stepping stone to bigger leagues, or lack of man management, or what, but there is something missing, the players just don't seem to give a *, and it needs to be fixed soon.

6. wulliebad

We may have another thriller against ajax and win 4-3 but in turkey we will get beat.
    You needs balls to get a result over there and this team seems to have lost its fight.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

On the other hand they seem to have turned * aswel and are not exactly special.

8. wulliebad

Don't fancy banking on who is the most *.:smiley-laughing002:

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Or unlucky that we aren't all but through yet considering most people thought we should have won our first two games as we had been the better team.

10. Swervedancer Guest

I was thinking about what Jock Stein said today, "Football is nothing without fans, we have to entertain them." and I was thinking about the folk who paid good money, travelled through the pouring rain to watch the team they love only to see players acting as if they would rather be anywhere but on that hallowed turf. Tierney was a conspicuous exception, a lifelong Celtic fan he's been with the club since he was 8. Maybe the players don't mean disrespect but that is what it is. It's happened a few times now when the team has collectively failed to show up. The fans deserve better. They better get it at Ajax. Don't care what the result is, just respect the jersey and show the support some passion.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

But we didn't win them. And it was because of defensive mistakes we keep making, over, and over, and over, and over again.

12. VikingBhoy

Nonsense, we keep making different mistakes :50:

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Different games maybe but the same basic mistakes. Suicidal defending.

Dress it up whatever way you want but Ronny has no idea how to set up a defence.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    True, atleast we are scoring though and creating some chances so always in with a chance despite the suicidal defending.

Like last night 2 goals offside, 1 that counted, the Griffiths chance and that other chance when they were all over the place with their keeper out his goal but the shot was blocked.

We've scored in all 10 of our European Group Stage games so far under Ronny. So we're atleast in with a half chance.

15. VikingBhoy

Joking aside, remember last season? At the beginning of it we had seven league games in a row without clean sheets with better centre halves than we have today. We were able to turn that around by mid October because Denayer and VVD played every single time and we ended up with the least goals conceded since world war one. VVD already had plenty of experience and could mentor Denayer so that helped the process

This year Simunovic has been injured and we have had no consistency in our defence. Boyata has been playing consistently but lacks experience. We need Simunovic fit and we need consistency in our back four. If we can do that Ronny showed last year he does know how to set up a defence if he's given a bit of time

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Still lost 3 goals at home to Inter.

I loved that game but the fact is we were still frail at the back.

In Europe he has shown no indication that he knows how to keep goals out.

We all loved VVD and Denayer last year but that was more to do with them crossing and squaring the ball to each other for goals. :smiley-laughing002:

17. ddub11

Lets face it,we are bleeding * and to save any more embarrassment we should just forfit our remaining games in europe.:47:

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye, because forfeiting games wouldn't be embarrassing at all...

19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Good point . We were largely excellent in those games and deserved 6 points. Ronny got it majorly wrong against a smart Molde side- i expect us to step it up especially at home against Ajax.

20. Paradise88

Scott Allan might get a game