1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Actually really like his delivery into the box. Always seems to pick a man out and has good variety. Picked Moi and Edouard out with wee driven crosses countless times that they then fluffed, on another day he gets another couple of assists. He also works his * off up and down the flanks so can't fault his effort.

Problem is he's painfully slow and pretty weak (he can definitely improve his strength and possibly his acceleration although maybe not by much, but there's improvement in him). 1v1 in either half he struggles and we'll pay the price against decent opposition.

The good outweighs the bad for me, i like his attitude and domestically he's sound, nothing spectacular. Ideally though we get an upgrade and Taylor would be a good 2nd choice squad player, who still gets a decent amount of game time.

The_Bhoy, Leone Naka Fan and stew37 like this.
  2. Pearse67*

Memory is grand, we all have our opinions.

3. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Great workrate. good positioning and crossing but....whenever a ball is played for him to run on to he always looks painfully slow getting there, the phrase 'towing a caravan' come to mind.

4. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Tbf to him I don’t think he was signed as our first choice LB. That was supposed to be boli. But he has been appalling so Taylor is getting the nod.
    I agree we should be lookin for an upgrade however I’d much rather have a solid CB in the door. That for me is far more of a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I wasn't keen on him at the beginning but he started to win me over, that is now in regression. Don't think he is the answer but in his defence the whole squad is off it just now. We at least still need another LB in or give Connell a shot at LWB

Artorias likes this.
  6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I have thought some of the criticism directed towards him was a tad unfair at times but yesterday opened my eyes a wee bit wider , teams will definitely target him as a weak link .

7. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    And if we are going back to the 3-5-2 his qualities will be found even more lacking at lwb. His crossing is decent but he doesn’t have much else going for him. No pace, weak and couldn’t beat a player to save his life

JCGE likes this.
  8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At least in a 3-5-2 there would be an extra CB behind to cover at the back when he doesn't track back quick enough.

That chance they had that Bolton fired over he bottled a challenge in their half and then just jogged back with zero urgency. Granted, Bolton was cheating by staying up the park, but still.

I'm being overly critical probably but just annoyed me at the time.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think people calling him pish and * are being really unfair. He lays in some good crosses, where players maybe should have done better. He also works really hard.
    He was brought in as back up for Boli, not to be our main man. While I agree we need another 1st choice lb, I think for £2m we got ourselves a pretty good back up.

10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    No doubting his committment and he's solid at what he does, but he just doesn't have what's required to be first choice and if we play 352 for me he isn't near quick or strong enough to play that role. He will always look good in most domestic home games but in games like yesterday he can be caught for pace and strength at times

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was doing it pretty well a few time's for Bolton in the championship and whipping ball's in..

No sure how quick he is but he's far quicker than Taylor and gets in about it more as well..

12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yes he does put some good crosses at times when he gets the space and time but how often does that happen? He very rarely gets the space to swing it in and a lot of the time when he does he is closed down and it hits the first man.

He does a lot better when we are playing at home on the bigger and wider pitch but away games where most of the pitches are narrower and smaller he struggles big time. It doesn’t help that teams are sitting in but that’s why we need someone there who can beat a man and create something, basically a left sided Forrest or Frimpong.

He does put the work in but he is just not good enough to be a starter, which as you quite rightly said is only because Boli is pish and has ruined any chance he had here. Happy enough for Taylor to be back up.

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This tongue in his cheek thing he does annoys me now too

14. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Noticed that too,like hes trying to concentrate stringing a 5 yard pass together.

Marty McFly likes this.
  15. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    I want him to do well as a local lad , but in a 3-5-2 would rather try Conell

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Everytime he gets the ball, the first thing he does is look for the safe backwards pass. Boy is not good enough, it's that simple. Not enough of an attacking threat to play for us.

17. celtic warrior

Not up for debate or extended analysis, he needs replaced. End of.

18. Pearse67*

Needs shot!!

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't rate him in the slightest and think it's pretty obvious he isn't good enough for us but he isn't why we went out last night..

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Bit harsh, maybe a Chinese burn?