1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    American window isn’t even open yet so they have plenty time doesn’t close to April. If he wants to go to USA then he has another 10 weeks. Keep him here until Oh is up to speed we hold all the cards. If stinking gaff out send him to B team he has 41 months left on his deal

2. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    we offered him a half decent wage rise and he wanted about 8 k more than that his new agent is pushing for about 30K a week with these deals he’s got on the table.

if he gets it fair play still think if he’s holding us to ransom over wages then he can stay and go nowhere to prove a point

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are playing hardball with Atlanta United and their pitch for Giorgos Giakoumakis. The Major League Soccer side have tabled a bid for the Greek striker but it is a loan with an option to buy at the end of it.

The Hoops, however, want a straight transfer and guaranteed money before they will sanction a move to the States. Celtic already have a £4million bid on the table from Japanese side Urawa Red Diamonds and would rather take that, as it stands. Giakoumakis’s preference is to move to Atlanta for family reasons and they have already bettered the impressive terms that are on offer in Japan.

Celtic have also stated that unless Atlanta come up with an acceptable guaranteed transfer fee then then the frontman won’t be heading across the Atlantic. The 28-year-old has also been informed that unless he accepts Urawa’s offer or another suitable bid comes in then Celtic are prepared to keep him as part of Ange Postecoglou’s squad and then reassess things come the summer.

Giakoumakis wants to leave Celtic after contract negotiations broke down and because he has fallen behind Kyogo Furahashi as Postecoglou’s main striker. It remains to be seen if agreement can be struck between Celtic and the Georgia-based side.

Atlanta - who have a partnership with Aberdeen - have already moved on designated player Josef Martinez to Inter Miami to free up the wage budget for Giakoumakis. The 28-year-old is now sweating to see if a deal can be done, although he can move after the British window closes because the American transfer market remains open.

4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Quite right.

Guaranteed £4m on the table for him and some * comes in with a loan offer? Away to *. Loan with obligation to buy only.

Hammy89 and DonnyCelt like this.
  5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Pile of pish @George Theodorou you are talking there.

I've generally a positive opinion of you in general but it's definitely dipped with this.

Up to yourself but I'd consider not coming onto a Scottish forum with racist tropes of the Scottish. That's just being an *. The whole 'I have a black pal' argument is so cringey btw.

bhoy81 and martin_d like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. jvalin

NomDePlum likes this.
  8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Being canny with your money and being no ones' fool is good in my books.

Now go wipe your * with paper and not your hand.

9. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I wish I was tighter with my money. Wouldn’t have taken so long to pay off the credit card.

* my insistence on not conforming with stereotypes.

10. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You need to read what i wrote in context instead of getting fired up. its been a long standing view since the 1940s that Scotsmen were careful with their money and frugal in their spending. I did not make it up. Just like all Frenchmen wear a beret and have a baguette under their arm etc. They are light-hearted generalised stereotypes.

Relax.

11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    My mate is not black,so don't assume to think Sihks are black. What I wrote before is not cringe worthy, it was the truth about who I have as friends and who I am married to.

Some out there are quick to be provoked when there was no provocation intended. Obviously talking about anything to do with Scotland is a no-go area.

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    bhoy81 is simply * off with me because I do not hold Giakoumakis up on a pedestal like he does.

Every chance he gets he tries to take a bitchy bite out of me with a nasty response.

13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You are an uncouth one x 10.

14. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Fs. You’ll be calling us snowflakes next. :56:

Liam Scales and NomDePlum like this.
  15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Being over sensitive can lead to a heart condition, especially when no harm wa, we are s meant. Obviously some of you lads get together when one takes' offense ' at something spoken as banter. I will keep it in mind.

No comments on anyone, good or bad as generalisations, we are a global community, everyone is equal, no humour allowed - well I can't say that has strictly been followed by all members on these threads, especially to those new members from Australia and the invective they have copped since Ange was signed on as manager.

Have it as you wish but take a look in the mirror as well. Don't be quick to anger for no offense given, otherwise you will most likely get a justified response.

Let's get back to the football.

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Note - I am asking a question, not making a statement. Chill out, bonny lad.

18. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Well I'm not a racist my two parents are black but I'm a red Indian.

bhoy81 and Westlondonscot like this.
  19. DonnyCelt

My father is a spiritualist, my mother a methodist. That makes me a Methylated Spirit.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  20. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Well can I drink you then, I'm a jakeball you see.