1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gigs Thread

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by greengrocer, Mar 9, 2012.

Discuss Gigs Thread in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Chili's last night was nothing short of Phenomonal for me. Set list was absolutely top tier though we never got Scar Tissue, Snow or Under the Bridge, but I did get others that I never expected.

Intro Jam
    Around the World
    The Zephyr Song
    Dani California
    Here Ever After
    Wet Sand
    I Like Dirt
    Eddie
    Soul to Squeeze
    Tell Me Baby
    Danny's Song( Loggins & Messina cover) (John solo)
    Whatchu Thinkin'
    Throw Away Your Television
    Orange Claw Hammer
    (Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band cover) (Flea solo)
    Carry Me Home
    Jam
    Californication
    Black Summer
    By the Way

Encore:
    I Could Have Lied
    Give It Away

Have to say The Roots where * outstanding. Definitely going out my way to see them love next time they're through here.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    _DannyBhoy_ and Callum McGregor like this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That’s a cool setlist. Glad they mix it up over the years. I didn’t get tickets to see them this time sadly but they’re the band I’ve seen more than any other, and they’re always unreal live.

Fontaine likes this.
  3. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, i had a scan at a few shows before this one and they rotate all the big songs each night, probably to stop John getting bored again and leaving again ha. Generally its 3 songs each from Cali, BTW and SA. With 2 from each of UL and Dream Canteen.

Here's a good video of the intro jam + Cali - LOVEEE that Daft Punk style baseline that Flea plays.

For what it's worth, this was the best i've seen the Chili's but the crowd were flat as * which was really disappointing. Only By The Way, Cali and Black Summer got the place rocking, everything else had folk going through the motions.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

My feet are * agony mate but what a gig.

They are sensational. Its a proper show. Praying they come back to the UK now tbh.

That stadium is actually decent for a gig, even seating looked excellent. There wasn’t really a bad view anywhere. Feuerzone is getting done next time.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Did you get any photos? I am still holding out that I might get to one more of the dates before this tour finishes… work permitting.

Now that I have done feuer zone I would always go for that if tickets were available.

Vienna stunning as well?

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A few videos and pictures but nothing compares to yours, I was fairly far back. Like I said though you’re getting a good view anywhere with a stage like that.

The setlist was probably 2 or 3 songs away from being immaculate. Missed out Mutter, Seeman and Dicke Titten would of topped it. But they could honestly play anything. The Lassies on the pianos were unreal too.

That Mein Herz Brennt bit with the fireworks is incredible. That run of songs from Deutchland to Sonne was perfect too but that’s the point I needed a * which was hard going!

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

@_DannyBhoy_

Vienna is gorgeous too mate aye forgot to say, too busy thinking about Rammstein. Well worth a visit. Done a * tonne of walking but the public transport is really good. Pished down on Tuesday but cloudy and cool yesterday for the gig which was good.

8. stew37

James at Slessor Gardens in Dundee last night. James were alright but * me the organisation was a car crash.

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Glad you enjoyed it mate. I don’t think anyone tops them currently or ever will but that’s my opinion. The setlist is really good. They played Armee der Tristen as the opener last year but didn’t play it at all this time which I would have liked to have seen. Rammlied is an epic opener though. The songs you have named there would be great in the set. I think they should just play for 3 hours and squeeze as much as possible in :giggle1:

It looks a stunning city and Austria as a whole looks incredible from what I have seen online. One of the many countries on my list to visit.

10. stew37

Have Young Fathers at the Barras in Oct and Chris Kavanagh Legend of Luke Kelly at the Pavillion in Nov, plus just bought tickets for Ye Vagabonds at the Oran Mor in Oct as well.

11. stew37

Tix bought for Arab Strap in Dec. Think the last time I saw them was at the Barras, this is at St Luke's. Never been to a gig there.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

@_DannyBhoy_ see Rammstein have announced a new tour?

No UK but Dublin is on.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  13. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Punk Rock Factory next week in Glasgow. Very 'Me First and the Gimme Gimmes' vibe.

Next month, have a couple lined up... Billy Bragg in Edinburgh and then Bob Mould (former Husker Du & Sugar) also in Edinburgh, looking forward to both of those shows.

stew37 likes this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Luke Combs last night at the Hydro. Great gig

15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Got tickets for Dublin. Would love to go to one of the German dates, possibly Gelsenkirchen. Didn’t realise it was beside Dortmund. Been wanting to go to a Dortmund game for ages but of course the gig is in July so season will be done :thumbsdow Maybe a slim chance of catching a pre season game.

You planning any?

MacEwan likes this.
  16. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Gelsenkirchen is a proper shithole by the way :giggle1: Dortmund’s an industrial town as well so nothing special either, but I dislike Gelsenkirchen more than any other city in Germany. A depressing place.

_DannyBhoy_ and MacEwan like this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That would be a great shout. Well, just for the Gig and a game then straight back out by the sounds of @Colin Robinson post.

I got tickets for Dublin too mate. Might look at another one but just buzzing to see them again so soon.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  18. stew37

Got tix for Orbital at the Barras next May, touring their Green album.

19. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Might give Gelsenkirchen a miss then :giggle1:

I just want to go to a Dortmund match at some point in the future.

They are also playing in Dresden and Frankfurt. Frankfurt might be the other one to try for. Dresden is open air and they are playing a stadium in Frankfurt. We’ll see…

Never been to Germany before but have been wanting to go for ages so appreciate the advice :50:

20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah will maybe give that one a miss :giggle1:

Yeah it’s great that we are getting the chance to see them again so quickly. The accusations surrounding Till put a big question mark over the future of the band but glad that it looks like there has been a line drawn under the accusations and the band can continue.

Strange that the UK has been left out again. :43: