1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gigs Thread

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by greengrocer, Mar 9, 2012.

Discuss Gigs Thread in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just thought “* it” and booked to see Rammstein in Vienna at the end of July incase this is their last tour. 3 nights in Vienna too why not.

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Got free tickets for def Leppard and motely crue last night. Was pishing it down.

3. Onefootwonder

I can't find the thread for TRNSMT.

So much of the coverage of George Ezra. He's as boring as *.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The TRNSMT lineup is absolutely dire. Looks like a complete borefest.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  5. stew37

Hope all the young ones have a good time man, if it was T in the Park I'd prob have been there. Pulp, Kasabian, the Enemy prob the only ones I'd care to see.

Have James in Dundee soon.

6. Onefootwonder

They didn't show any of the Pulp set last night.

7. Onefootwonder

No Pulp last night and no Sam Fender tonight. The coverage is really poor.

What's with the crowd setup where they are parted down the middle?

8. stew37

The View have sounded alright. Don't think the setup really helps the atmosphere though, the big split down the middle affects it. A couple years ago there were some quality sets there, DMAs and Wolf Alice in particular. The crowd at DMAs a few years back were bouncing.

9. stew37

Chris Kavanagh the Legend of Luke Kelly is playing at the Pavilion in November; if you like yer man Luke Kelly, do yourself a favour and see this lad and his band.

10. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Enjoy mate. Went to see them in Italy on 1st July. Managed to get Feuerzone tickets and was about 10 rows from the front. Was absolutely immense. Seen them last year in Coventry but was sitting in the stand south of the stage which was pretty far away, was relying on the screens most of the time but was still amazing.

The whole experience was far superior this time because of how close we were and the sound quality was incredible.

Have you been to see them before? I would have loved to have seen them in Berlin. Still keeping an eye out for some of the remaining dates that I could make around work. It’s such an experience seen them but such a downer when the gig is finished and all you can think about is when you are going to see them again :giggle1:

IMG_6843.jpeg IMG_6907.jpg IMG_6872.jpeg IMG_6863.jpeg IMG_6868.jpeg IMG_6877.jpeg IMG_6870.jpeg IMG_6860.jpeg

Noskeil, Callum McGregor and MacEwan like this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Unreal mate. This’ll be the first time I’ve seen them, which is why I’m willing to go to Vienna! I reckon they will tour again, but it’s bucketlist stuff so I’d greet if I missed out on it.

Proper buzzing for it. Even more so after your post.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly you won’t be disappointed. It really is one for the bucket list. Are you going on the first or second night in Vienna? If you go the first night I can guarantee you will want to go the second night as well :giggle1: I was delighted seen them first time around but knew the feuer zone was the next step and I couldn’t believe my luck when I managed to get it in Italy.

Are you seating or standing?

Yeah I would like to think there is plenty more touring left for them but like you say you don’t want to take that chance and possibly miss out.

Would be class if they played in Scotland again (last time 2005 I think) but seen them abroad is a great experience and a good excuse for a wee holiday. I have been to Italy quite a few times before but Padova and the surrounding area was a new place for me and one I probably wouldn’t have gone to otherwise but it was a stunning city and had a really good holiday there. Was gutted when that fake tour dates came out at the start of this tour and Hampden was on it :54:

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Going to the first night and flying home the following day, so don’t tempt me :giggle1:

I’m standing thankfully. Not in the feuer zone but I can imagine that would be unbelievable. I’ll just be happy to be there.

Scotland would be amazing, but for a gig that special you don’t mind getting away for a wee city break. I was the same as you when those fake dates came out. Fuming.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly mate like you said it’s very much a bucket list thing so I don’t mind travelling for it… makes it that bit more special. That’s a shame that you are flying back the next day. There is always Poland and Belgium afterwards though :fear:

Yeah it’s all about been there. I was desperate to get a good spot so doors opened at 3pm and I think we arrived at 4 :giggle1: They came on at 9 and played till 11:20 or so. Was a very long day standing in 35 degree heat for most of it though but it was an amazing experience and I don’t regret one second of been there that early.

The good thing about seating is you can arrive 5 mins before they are due to come on like we did last year in Coventry. I didn’t want to have pints or that this time because I would constantly be needing to go for a * :giggle1:

Standing is a must for Rammstein though IMO.

Enjoy it mate :50:

15. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just back from the 4th or 5th time seeing him. Also seen G&R and Maiden in the past few weeks. Going to see The Boyz (Thin lizzy) Tribute at McChuills next month. Also seen them a few times.
    IMG_0856.JPG

Sean Daleer likes this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Can hear the Chillis at Hampden. Was meant to be there with the ex so that’s depressing as *.

Fontaine likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sensational mate. Seen him twice myself. Incredible storyteller

Waiting For An Alibi likes this.
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm probably now going to spam the jukebox with Jake White.

19. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Did you not have him on BOTB? Heard a couple of songs before that, but not much until that point.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I sure did mucker. Good memory.