1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Film reviews and ratings

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Fancy Pants, Apr 1, 2009.

Discuss Film reviews and ratings in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Indeed mate. Surprised I forgot 3 Billboards. Still to watch Six Shooter as well. Got distracted the other night and forgot all about it.

2. TheHappyLoss

Halloween Ends. Finally got round to watching this. Yes not exactly Oscar material but you know what you’re getting with this kind of film. Didn’t think it was as bad as many have said. Glad to see the big creepy * go though the mincer.

3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Watched TILL on the fire stick, great movie about the murder of a black kid from Chicago down in the Deep South visiting relatives, very moving movie.

Taz likes this.
  4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    +1 :50:

Caught this at the cinema through the week there. Powerful stuff and another sad indictment of America's sad and racist past that resonates still today. Special mention for Danielle Deadwyler, who puts in an outstanding performance.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  5. Bonobhoy

Havent seen it yet..but know the Bob Dylan song very well

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Don't know if you are a fan of Bob Dylan, but he wrote a very harrowing song about Emmett Till.

Bonobhoy, The Prof, Taz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Haha ffs. You must have posted that @Bonobhoy while I was looking up the song.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  8. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    M3GAN

This was pretty * good for what it is. Think a cross between BayMax from Big Hero 6 and The Terminator. Would recommend for what it is and has a worthwhile point about technology's place in nurture v nature. Works as a sci-fi horror (although thought it was more sci-fi thriller than pure horror), works as ommentary and as a human level. Good stuff.

TAR

There is one reason to sit through this movie - Cate Blanchett. Once again turns in a terrific performance that is in parts reminiscent of Carol, and although the story utilizes the world of orcehestra it is obvious the wider application of the likes of a #metoo story with the fictional character of Lydia Tar as she uses her position of power and privelege, in a toxic, domineering and manipulative way, with all too many familiar parellels with other real life instances. So the story is kind of there and been done a few times over now, but the exploration of Lydia's character by Blanchett that makes it worth the while.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I couldn’t figure out the likes in here. @Bonobhoy just liked my post where I tagged him to say about the Bob Dylan song. I was absolutely certain he had liked it last night after I tagged him.

Turns out I meant to tag @buchanbhoy who had posted originally about the Emmett Till movie.

Then I noticed that Buchanbhoy posted originally about the movie but it was Bonobhoy who posted about knowing the song.

Now this is the weird part. I meant to tag Buchan in the original post about the song as it was him who posted about the movie but I tagged Bono by mistake thinking it was him who posted about the movie but he hadn’t said anything at this point, yet while I was posting and mistakenly tagging Bono in my post, Bono was posting at exactly the same time about knowing the song, not knowing I was tagging him in a post at the very same moment even though I meant to tag Buchan. That is one weird coincidence.

My head hurts.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  10. Bonobhoy

This actually looks decent.

Liking the fact its in the city...looks dark as well.

Saul Goodman likes this.
  11. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Emancipation...

Decent enough movie, and a true story.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Probably the most mental film I’ve ever seen. Enjoyed it and glad to have watched it, but not sure I’ll be watching it again.

13. stew37

Nope. Nah, not really for me. I liked Get Out and Us, but this and his take on Candyman weren't really for me.

14. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Watched Bones and All last night, brilliant film. I stayed away from trailers for it, would definitely recommend anyone going to watch it to do the same.

15. stew37

Watching Everything Everywhere All at Once. Coming on here posting about it and not paying attention won't leave me any more confused than I already am and there's an hour to go.

16. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seriously? I could not disagree with you more. That was one of my picks for top 5 worst of 2022 - and that's saying something. Dreadful.

17. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah it's definitely been a divisive film from what I've read online but I genuinely loved it, the only criticism I would have is the end was a bit rushed.

18. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A man called Otto - really enjoyed it although it definitely pulls at the heart strings a little bit, heavier than I was expecting.

Taz likes this.
  19. stew37

Watched Good Will Hunting the night. Seen it numerous times but quality film.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

One of my favourites. Robin Williams was outstanding in this movie. Probably one of, if not the first, straight role I remember him playing. Damon was good as well but Williams stole the show.

TheHappyLoss and stew37 like this.