1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

english slate us

Discussion in 'World Football' started by cmilkbhoy, May 16, 2008.

Discuss english slate us in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmilkbhoy

been scrolling through some english papers and they are tarnishing us aswell for what happened, guy from manchester said we were worse than the SCUM as all we done was sing pro-ira and songs about english. 1 guy from newcastle even said we were not wanted in the epl and that we would struggle to finish mid table (this coming from a newcastle fan - when they should realise they are NOT a big team). im really dissapointed we are being mentioned in the aftermath of these horrific scenes. wont be like that when a testimonial comes along the same people will welcome the thousands of fans with open arms id imagine.

your opinions plz

2. randy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    * has this got to do with us? dont know how they've managed to turn this on celtic and our fans good name. as for us finishing mid table in the EPL i'd say thats about bollocks

3. -LiAMo-

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc, Aido McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song
    looking through most papers since weds nite pal i havent heard celtics name mentioned in relation to the scummers wrecking the kip in manchester.....

All ive seen is blue jerseys and union jacks causing trouble and battering coppers on their todd...

united fans wont forget what happened, after all rangers wrecked there big nite in picadilly next weds

4. Jungle Bhoy

Just seen on a Manchester (non-football forum) and they are all blaming Glaswegians and all Scottish people.

You know what, if they * want to blame everyone in Scotland for it then * them, hope they enjoy cleaning up the mess that apparently we all created down in Mancy-chester.

5. cmilkbhoy

quotes from people in england and scotland (just some of them)
    Can't watch Man United beat Chelsea in CLF on the big screens now. Thanks very much Gers...

Rob, Manchester,

Phil of Newcastle..Why would you want Celtic/Rangers diluting the English league anyway.? Both sides are poor and would on current performance finish in the middle of the table at the very most. The Jocks used to have such fire and passion in their bellys. Not anymore.

kirk, Rotherham, UK

why are we all subjected to this football nonsense. it is stupid boring game played by overpaid posers and supported by primitave louts. city centres are not appropriate places to host such events. keep them away from normal people.

John, Lincoln,

I think people just get too caught up in the exhiliration and thrill of it all. That poor policeman in the video who lost his colleagues and was then attacked by 50 people. I'm sure (hope) individually many of them would feel regret about what they did but at the time the group frenzy takes over.

Tracy, London,

All these comments about 'well behaved' Celtic fans make me laugh! I was in Manchester when these lovely people visited us for their CL match a few years ago, you can't fool me with your lies! Pro-IRA and racist Anti-English songs were being sung along with ones about the IRA Manchester Bomb.

J Roberts, Manchester, UK

John,
    I also saw a policeman fall over and 50 people charge (while he was on the ground) to beat him. If this happened in Russia or the U.S. the rioters would be hit with tear gas and water cannons and to be honest there would be no apologies. They deserve everything they got.

Alex, London, England

Mohammed

The Guys who Tried to blow up glasgow airport were not drunk and the same for the london bomber's you should look to yourself and your imans who preach violence before stating a single fault for a crime committed by a bunch of retards
    even sober Ranger's fans will let down Scotland

Micky, Dubai,

I've never understood why our riot police don't have tear gas, water cannons and rubber bullet.s Give the rioters a dam good hiding and show them they aren't as tough as they think they are!

Luke, London, UK

Why should football be allowed to take over city centers. Why not use open spaces away from alcohol then we would see true supporters and not just yobs

Mike, Gravesend, England

I cannot beleive the amount of blatent bigotry & ignorance on this threat 'put back up hadrians wall' etc...are you serious? English football fan NEVER riot eh? My mates were in piccadily & said most of the rioters had english & n.irish accents without rfc shirts,this has been confirmed in the media

nick, Glasgow,

Surely the fact that the game was in England meant that some Gers "fans", who might otherwise have been subjected to a foreign travel ban, were able to come down to Manchester, get drunk and cause a ruck.

Mark, Manchester, UK

Don't know what they showed in Britain. Here in central Europe BBC World news mentioned only the game with a fleeting reference to the "misbehaviour". Russian television however, showed the violence in all its ugliness. And to suggest that it was a "minority" is simply a mealy-mouthed lie.

P Murphy, Zilina, Slovakia

Surely anybody could see this was always going to be an excuse for thousands of scottish drunkards to go rampaging through an English city. Celtic and Rangers in the Premier League?...No thanks.

Phil, Newcastle, England

Conclusive proof that football (Association Football) should be banned forthwith, or at the least, the cost of policing it and the cost of inconvenience to everyone not involved, should be charged to the FA and the advertisers involved - to cover all the other social costs and dis-benefits involved.

Alan Scott, Draguignan, France

The big screens should have all been sited in Heaton park not in the city centre.

Mike, Manchester,

II was there and although i think the violent behaviour of a minority was disgusting, the violence used by fans was in response to unnecssary brutality used by GMP. I saw a man on the ground who was hit SEVEN times by a police baton, a tad eccessive, fans will only resond to this treatment one way.

John, Glasgow, UK

Amazing number of comments from Celtic fans looking to take a kick at Rangers. Yes the behaviour of some Rangers fans in Manchester was bad but so is the behaviour of drunk fans all over the world on occasion. Don't penalise all Rangers fans for the actions of a few. Btw, I'm not a Rangers fan

John, London, England

I think governments quite like having a large sector of their populations poorly educated, easily led, and incapable of expressing themselves in any meaningful way. This, however, is just one of the unpleasant side effects.

In all honestly I actually feel quite sorry for the hooligans; what a sad sad life if that's your only outlet.

Jonathan, Auckland, New Zealand

how can his co-workers help him, to endanger themselves would break health and safety laws. never forget it's 'health and safety' that rules supreme.

peter jones, moscow,

Having experienced fans of both Celtic and Rangers here in Manchester, I can absolutely confirm that Celtic fans are WORSE. The same drunken abusive behaviour, but combined with horrendous IRA songs and gloating about the Manchester and Warrington bombs (the latter of which murdered 2 children).

Drew, Manchester,

6. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    i honestly dont get whats so bad..

those fans hated us already just using this as a platform to say it.

and even if they did. * if i care what the english think of us. most dont like us already.

7. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    money.

8. randy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    well said.

we're grand when we're bringing 15,000 fans down for testimonials and friendlies. remember in 2003 we must have played 10 games i england in the uefa cup, friendlies and testimonials and we always brought a brilliant and very well behaved crowd. then the huns go nuts and we're as bad as them? * them:47:

9. coz_1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, JVOH, McManus
    They will hear the odd chant of the IRA when celtic fans go down there, and are quite rightly offended by that. That is why they hate us, but do we really care?

Spiers is the only one to mention how bigoted the filth was that they were singing through the day. Everyone else said it was a 'carnival' experience. Absolute bull.

10. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    We do have a minority of fans who endulge in IRA chants must be stamped out just goes to show that people do notice what these idiots are singing

11. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
  12. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Once again like RT said

* WHAT THEY THINK OF US.

WHY DO YOU CARE?

The rest of europe loves us and by how we are supported in north america, and japan. So does the world.

13. Rosco67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    "We don't care what the animals say", springs to mind:50:

14. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    * them

15. RafaelScheidt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Scott Brown and Jan V O H
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    chanting IRA songs plummets down the list of things to get rid of in scottish football after wednesday night

16. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    don't agree with that at all mate

17. kennydal

dont go:50:

18. Fancy Pants

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    roamin in the glomin
    * them arrogant english twats

19. randy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    why?

you always post anti I.R.A comments, whats your problem?

20. Colin McRae

Fav Celtic Player:
    henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    the english have a check to slate anyone.
    i watched a 1.5hour documentery about why the footballing world hates england. speaks volumes just by the title of the docu

nope. it should be joint number 1 along with alot of other things, inc wed might

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.