1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Director of Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, May 31, 2021.

Discuss Director of Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmac

The Celtic Board have taken credit for having a financially well run club to being an absolute shambles the warning g signs were there when they say on their hands as all could see it wasn't working under Lennon as early as October, they say and deliberated until Lennon took the decision out of their hands. Then we had them waiting on Eddie Howe who blew them off and it looks like Fergal Harkin is doing the same while some are saying it was Harkin who recommended Postecoglou.Dermot Desmond is supposedly a great business man yet he has seemingly been the one steering the shop through all this not one of that board have stuck their head above the parapet instead the have hidden away when we need some strong leadership we are getting none. Someone needs to take charge of this restructure and actually show they are capable of getting the job done the longer it goes on the less chance we have of getting past the first CL qualifier

2. wulliebad

This is again the club hanging on and waiting to see what is going to happen,it was the same with ajeti. We have to stop doing this,if a player or manager or any * wants to mess about and see if there is a better offer coming along the club has to move along right away.Its time people knew you get a offer from celtic its something you grab or you lose it. After 100 days we are in the same place we were when lennon left and that is disgusting,For you to be a big club or a club like no other you also have to act in that way rather than something you would expect to see in steptoe and sons.

James Mc and Garrymac1888 like this.
  3. wulliebad

Lennedy is the key to being back in the 90's.

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Heard he's asked to have his name withdrawn from the process.

The Prof likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

* this *.

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    “......for reasons outwith both his and Celtic’s control” Last time for Howe, this time for Harkin and next time for Ange.

This board have been running our club as a joke from before Ronnie arrived. Even preparations for Europe was an utter disgrace under Rodgers. I think it was three qualifiers we went into without a proper back line. We were squeezing midfielders into centre back and they allowed us to be * over once too often by teams on a minuscule budget and playing squad compared to ours. This was never addressed because the answer to our failure lay firmly at the door of the boardroom.

James Mc and The Phoenix like this.
  7. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Honestly scunnered. Another day another piece of evidence that we make no plans, have no contingencies, no due diligence and no idea. Yet the board seem to have no worries. Hard not to be embarrassed by the state of us just now. Let’s see what pish tomorrow brings.

8. joemc

Not heard the club say they were after harkin , but if true its another slap in the face to wot is looking like a a very poorly run club atm , this type of thing has been the story of our lives throughout the lawell era , maybe its not all on him but any and I mean any movement in or out our club is akin to the formation of a diamond .why have they stayed silent on everything? Are the expecting many ko's in pursuit, have we become this bad ? Surely tf not .

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Genuinely what the * have they been doing the past 6 months and what was the point in bringing Mckay in early ?

10. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    This is the problem they have done nothing. They made out they were hard at work making plans and it turns out they have literally done nothing other than get messed about with all their targets.

They have failed at getting most things done since Lawwell. He's the king of old pals act. He very rarely gets anyone not connected to the club or who's not a friend of a friend.

James likes this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    What's the * point anymore..absolute ahambles

The Phoenix and Garrymac1888 like this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup!
    I'm usually a gobby * with an opinion on everything, but I can't even be arsed getting excited now.

The * are killing my spirit man

thailandceltic and The Phoenix like this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good.

Having a glorified players liaison officer as a DOF was never going to work.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

McKay coming in early was only to take the “heat” off of Peter Lawwell.

James, Leone Naka Fan and Peej like this.
  15. James Gold Member Gold Member

I genuinely dread to think who will be going for now

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

Same as announcing lawwell was leaving, simply to take some heat off.

The rumours had been circulating for awhile anyway, they only announced it to give them self a breathing space.

Same with the Howe thing. They only came out and done the "out with ours and his" routine to try and quickly deflect some heat.

They are scum * taking everyone of us for a ride.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

cat123 likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They won’t get rid of McKay just in the door but lawell leaving is not good enough I wanna see bankier head on a spike over this someone on that board has to be a casualty for all this it’s ovb the major shareholder is not giving one * because some one would have been chopped for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cat123 likes this.
  18. celtic warrior

What's seriously galling is celtic should in theory, never be as bad as they were this season, next season.

Then add in a manager who actually does analysis of games and tactics, fans returning, and some wishful thinking on my part (a new defence) as a priority, huns are not having another invincible season.

There was no reason we couldn't win the league straight back.

But now, it's looking likely that celtic will be the financial saviours of the huns by gift wrapping them a second title in a row and cl football.

Honestly, football is dying for me, with my own mental health and home life I can't be having bullshit added on top, football can't be all encompassing right now.

cat123 likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Anthony bringing us the inside scoop as usual..