1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Diego Laxalt!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Oct 5, 2020.

Discuss Diego Laxalt! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

He is quickly getting his ability trained out of him

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  2. celtic warrior

He's a quality player, in current state he's probably already wanting to be back in Milan.

Can't blame him really, he'll get a half decent outfit in Spain or Italy bid for him easy

3. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    We have ruined this boy, he will end up at Pollock Juniors.

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don't see much evidence of him being an improvement on Taylor so far!

Mince.Charming likes this.
  5. Smithy

Have you ever watched a game of football before?

6. SteveyNico67

How do I get that GIF of Diego getting hit by the metal barriers?

7. RockhardBoss

I agree to an extent. I got quite excited about his first couple of games. He's busy and gets his foot in a bit more than Taylor but I think there is a genuine lack of end quality from Laxalt. I don't see him getting to the byline enough and getting dangerous balls into the box, which was something I criticised Taylor for not doing enough of.
    Has Laxalt got any assists yet?

Mince.Charming likes this.
  8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You on your phone or a computer?

9. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Passing forward and tackling?

10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

You’re joking??

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s been poor for a few games now. His passing and defending are gradually getting worse, and even when he was playing well his final ball was dire.

Valhalla and Crilly like this.
  12. Crilly Hakuhna matata

100% but what does that show us. He is a left back/wing back but usually played with someone in front of him (winger/inside forward) now Lennon is totally mis-managing him playing him basically as a sole winger that needs to get back and play full back too. Moi hasn’t been there last few games either for him to link with so he always has to stop and cut back, pass back. We can’t judge players on their performances too harshly (still can judge) when they are being mis-managed. Like Ryan Christie. I don’t think he’s been as good lately but he’s a cm/cam and he’s playing rw..... not by choice. Same when he was playing St, not by choice. So yes players haven’t been as good but look at the shape and roles they are playing. The team as a whole have been brutal. Laxalt looks a player but it’s an 11 man squad

13. stew37

He started brilliantly for us but I think maybe the coaching or lack of it is starting to rub off on him.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we are making him worse, was a decent player then for the first 3 or 4 games and now hes looking as lost as every * else on the park

its clear as day the coaching is * mince if theres any at all, players are looking like they are trying to organise themselves no team cohesion all playing their own games because there is no leadership

i thought that was one of browns strenghts were not even getting that from him now

its a absolute and total missmanagement of a £100million a year football club, wheres the * professionalism ? its not at celtic park thats for sure

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Best 45minutes I have seen of us was when Laxalt, Ely and Ajeti all linked up on the left side, could see the benefit for each player having someone else sharing the work load, willing to overlap (laxalt) willing to come wide and play one twos(Ajeti and Ely) and just generally be an actual work in progress.

That lasted 45minutes, never to be seen again.

Almost like Lennon see's something good happen by accident, instead of learning from it and building it, he has to tear it up and do it different to prove he made the choices.

He's either completely * * at his job (Lennon), an arrogant egotistical *, or a combination of both.

Either way, we are ruining this lads chances here. Hate the thought that we will not get the best out of this loan, unlikely then to get an extension, the lad will likely not enjoy his time here and the knock on effect it will have.

TheWolf and Crilly like this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's went to * under Lenny just like the rest of them, how can players be expected to function under a toxic atmosphere ?

17. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He was very good at first but the teams poor form and results are draining the confidence out of him. In his first 4 games alone he must have won more tackles than the rest of our squad combined for the past few years.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Definitely lost all his confidence just like every other player in the team, not surprising really after the last month.

19. CountyDownFaithful

Good player who’s being nullified in a broken system.

Our full backs are so isolated. They receive the ball with nobody in-front of them and this forces them to play it back. It’s so obvious but Lennon persists with it because he is incapable of changing it.

You’ve only got to look across the City to see how our full backs should be utilised.

20. Crilly Hakuhna matata

100% a combination of both mate and yeah that’s it exactly, Laxalt looks great and in the right system these players flourish but Lennon has no idea how to set up whatsoever. Some good signs in a match and he’ll change it for the next. Plenty of bad signs and he’ll keep that team and set up for 3 games in a row. Literally baffles me. Right now there’s no chance Laxalt is enjoying it and fairly little chance we will get an extension. We will be asking boli to come back

Peej likes this.