1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Soro is going to be a Pler

Cesar67x likes this.
  2. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    With brown being undropable and McGregor being the star guy it's going to he hard to get in this season, Ntcham bitton probably ahead of him unfortunately

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Sunday proved Brown isn’t undroppable and with a lot of games in a short time he wont be able to play in every game.

Soro adds some much needed energy to the midfield if Christie doesn’t play as well.

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bitton offers very little as a midfielder, maybe if we are trying to hold onto a lead, game management/kill a game, something like that. But for me, Bitton offers very little creatively.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I see he got MOTM today against Hibs.

I'd go for him before it's too late.

Big Shoes likes this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

Watched the first 45 and he did look like the best player on the pitch IMO. Very comfortable with the ball and can pass & move. Can see he has good vision with some of the through balls he was playing.

I’d bring him in and loan him back to Motherwell until Jan.

HoopyT and steg like this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I am sure we will be keeping an eye on him.

Just get him in this window and loan him back to Motherwell as has been said above.

HoopyT likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Deadline day written all over it

JC Anton likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I think we'll go for him again as he's playing well and lasting the pace..

Big Shoes and Hammy89 like this.
  10. joemc

Defo happening, ntcham looking to move .

Big Shoes likes this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Absolute standout against Hibs

Big Shoes likes this.
  12. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Said it all along this boy is quality. I’d flog Ntcham and bring him in

Attached Files:

13. Foley1888

I didn’t see all their game against hibs but the bit I did see, he looked an intelligent player who liked to get the ball moving forward he was constantly looking to move the ball on quickly and get in to space to receive the return. He played some nice passes and was often looking to create space.

His goal the other night too was a good example of him creating space for himself in the box and a good finish.

I suspect we will be back in for him before the window closes. I remember there being an article quoting one of the Motherwell coaching staff saying Lennon had took in a reserve game when he was hibs gaffer and had been asking about him and being impressed.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    DennyCelt likes this.
  14. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He’s clearly a talented guy, I think if we sell Ntcham - I don’t think we should but if we do - he’d be the natural replacement. The number of chances he creates for Motherwell is sensational, we can only imagine how much better he’d be in our team around better players. Scottish and brought through the game here as well, which if I’m not wrong is important for registering players for Europe. No brainer for me

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Do we go in for the 3.5 or 3.75mil or whatever it was 1st time round?

16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There’s been a pretty regular line of communication and Motherwell definitely expect us to make another move for him.

I’d guess that whether that’s during this window would depend quite heavily on other outgoings (ie Ntcham), or whether anyone else shows significant interest in Turnbull

17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Celtic weighing up fresh bid for Motherwell star
    Celtic boss Neil Lennon is believed to be keeping tabs on the young midfielder.
    • [​IMG]
      Celtic have reportedly reignited their interest in David Turnbull (Image: Craig Foy/SNS Group)

Celtic are believed to be preparing to make another bid for Motherwell midfielder David Turnbull, ahead of the transfer window closure on October 5.

The Hoops tried to sign the 21-year-old a year ago in a £3.25 million deal, which collapsed after a knee injury was spotted during a medical, but the Scottish giants have reportedly reignited their interest.
    It's believed that Celtic boss Neil Lennon sent first-team coach Gavin Strachan to the Fir Park club's clash with Hibs at Easter Road to check on Turnbull's progress.

Turnbull underwent a further operation during the coronavirus break to remove two steel pins that were inserted during his first operation.

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson says they were robbed of a win over Hibs
    The Scotland under-21 star has enjoyed good form this season, including a superb goal in the 2-2 draw with Livingston last Wednesday, and was handed a contract extension until 2022 - however, that is unlikely to put Celtic off

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    We need to just get him in the door. Clearly a talent. Probably the best player outside us and scum in the prem. technically good as well which is a huge thing.

Big Shoes likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC have stepped up their scouting of ever-improving Motherwell playmaker David Turnbull.

A year after a £3.25 million move to the champions sensationally collapsed due to a knee concern highlighted during his medical, Turnbull is now steadily returning to his best form.

The Hoops looked to have won the race to sign the Scotland Under-21s starlet last season.

And Hoops boss Neil Lennon - who has maintained a focus on the gifted 21-year-old’s comeback progress - sent first team coach Gavin Strachan to Well’s game against Hibs atv Easter Road last weekend to check on him.

Turnbull impressed once more as he has done in each of his four starts so far this season, including a superb goal in the 2-2 home draw against Livingston.

Celtic face the Steelmen at Parkhead on August 30 - but Turnbull’s performance was of greater interest than overall opposition analysis

SunSport Online understands there is a growing likelihood Lennon will make a fresh attempt to sign the former football writers’ young player of the year ahead of the transfer window shutting on October 5.

Well were gutted for Turnbull when his dream move suddenly collapsed and promptly ensured he had the best possible knee surgeon for the repair job

They also handed their prized asset and academy graduate a contract extension until 2022.

Turnbull was sidelined until a competitive return from the bench against St Mirren in February then a further sub appearance against Hearts before the Covid-19 pandemic shut down football.

He had need to under the knife again during the close season but after four weeks strict rest went straight back into training.

This term boss Stephen Robinson hasn’t hesitated to make him an integral part of his first choice side - and the player’s growing in strength and belief.

Lennon knows Turnbull’s return to prominence will attract other clubs, with Norwich City having been their strongest competitors for his signature back in 2019.

The Canaries thought they’d won the battle for Turnbull only for him to reject a move to the then English Premier League side at the eleventh hour.

Celtic swooped decisively and preparations were advanced to parade him only for the medical tests to flag up a knee worry.

Fresh negotiations with Motherwell couldn’t lead to an agreement for an adjusted transfer package.

But, the Hoops were always kept informed of Turnbull’s rehab progress and were sharp to start watching him again in friendlies before this season’s kick-off.

20. Jeremie Frimpong

I think that it was closer to £3m the first time. I think that with the pandemic, and the consequent strain on clubs' finances, we could maybe even pick him up for a little bit less. He seems to have recovered well from surgery, but there is still a little bit of uncertainty around that, which needs to be taken into account, too.

Artorias likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.