1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dara O'Shea

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Ziggy, Jul 1, 2024.

Discuss Dara O'Shea in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kenniemk2

Lol my point is they would be selling ccv now not 6 months from now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I know but your implying we will have someone lined up to replace him. My point was we've had 6 months to plan for Hart and still don't have anybody. What makes you think we are competent enough to have a replacement lined up for CCV for him going now

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The very fact that once again we're being linked with another English League inflation player proves what a shambles we are.

Speaks to the utter cluster * that is our recruitment.

There's not a chance in * this kid is worth 15m, just as Idah is nowhere near the 7-8m being quoted.

So it is obvious we've no other options, and are going by Rodgers' recommendations. Because financially speaking, with a good dose of common sense, we shouldn't be anywhere near these overinflated players, nor pre retirement keepers.

There's better value all over the WORLD. We just don't have the scope or capacity to identify them.

Either that... Or it's all bullshit paper talk and we're doing the usual, sitting on our hands, waiting to sell a few more players so we can minimise impact on the bank account.

I would be * livid if we were to spend these quoted amounts on these players. They're nowhere near these values. English clubs, all looking to minimise their English FFP impact by overinflating the values of their bench warmers and "failed" projects.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    I think we maybe going the south American route for some players. As rogers( was he not at some copa games) I'm sure travelled there. Some good players when I watched some of the games and the Chilean goalie also

5. themouth1888

I don't mind being linked to these types of players. I'm a great believer in our squad spine should be made of British or Irish players. Never been a fan of filling your team with players who don't necessarily speak the language or who get what this club is about. I know some of them absolutely do.

6. Goggzy60

I believe we should always have atleast a handful of proper Celtic fans in the team who really get what it means to play at our club and how much our fans love the club.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Why? It's not like we ever spend big fees.

If the board can't scout better players and have to go on Rodgers recommendations that's on them, even if were overpaying.