1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That would be brilliant if they did that for their World Cup qualifiers and or their government puts restrictions on players coming back from abroad.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Heard an expert today on radio talk about out Japanese Bhoys.

Didnt mention pace once about him, but kept saying how powerful he is, says hes unlike Kyogo who likes ball over the top he can play with his back to goal. As already known says hes more accustomed coming from left.

Says hes a character and a bit of a fun guy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  3. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Although Hatate and Maeda won’t be called up for the hibs game they’re still likely to be gone for the couple to follow including the game against the huns I read somewhere today. They won’t be called for the friendly or whatever the * it is but will most likely be for the WC qualifiers still

4. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

True but they can play now and that allows others to get fit in time for it. Jota, turnbull, sicknotegreekstriker etc one way to redeem that shocker of a penalty is a hatrick on the second.

Crilly likes this.
  6. G40B

Find it hard to believe that a guy with his goal scoring record is ‘technically poor’.

I reckon the barrage of people saying this are just in fact copying that one Japan-based journalist who originally said it, in a desperate bid to come across as informed.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  7. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Don’t think any of us have any idea what these guys are like, I’m one of the few who aren’t getting carried away. If any of them are half as good as kyogo then it’s a steal.

8. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Same people who watched one video of Kyogo and thought he was a slow winger :giggle1:

9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Don’t get me started on that penalty and dropping them points mate :31: yeah fair point but would much prefer the option of playing say hatate and maeda to perhaps replace kyogo and Rogic ye get me? As long as we beat them mutant * I couldn’t give a * tbh

10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Newcastle Jets head coach Arthur Papas was Postecoglou’s assistant when his fellow Australian brought Maeda to Yokohama and he spoke glowingly about Celtic’s new signing.

“It’s like nothing I’ve seen,” Papas told KEEPUP regarding Maeda’s sprinting and pace.

“Daizen possesses athletic qualities far superior to most players at the professional level.

“His ability to repeatedly produce max speed efforts consistently would place him at the very echelon of the game right up with the best athletes in world football.”

Tommy25, Crilly and tarboltontim like this.
  11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He’s not technically poor, what I’ve seen is he can do stuff at times that makes you go wow, he’s a superstar, then out of nowhere he’ll do something that makes you think, wow is this guy a footballer? But that’s football really, even the best have the occasional bad touch etc.

12. Mr Cleansheets

Whoever says Maeda is technically poor is technically (and actually) idiotic.

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

His technical ability looks good enough in these clips, some cracking goals. Clever movement, relentless pressing and sharp finishing... Can't wait to see him in the hoops

Tommy25 and King of Kings like this.
  14. themouth1888

This guy is a CF from the videos. No idea where the winger talk come from? Same people who claim Kyogo is a winger?

Kyogo is and never has been a winger. Is Ange looking to play 2 up top? Otherwise they may switch about playing up top themselves. I really hope we are not going to try put one of them out wide at it's a complete waste of a player.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  15. Mr Cleansheets

Sorry but Kyogo played heaps on the left in Japan. Any glance at his highlights will show as much.

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Probably use both up top against your st mirrens who don't want to play football.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. stevoEOS

He looks * rapid! :85:

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Postecoglou played him as a winger at Marinos.

20. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

A ton of headed goals in there which is good to see. Lacked a striker with aerial presence for a while, I was hoping a certain greek player would fill that gap :fear: