1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think Forrest will be his replacement first and foremost, after his goal at the weekend and two big chances he’s made the previous two games he came on I reckon he’ll stand up while we need him.

2. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    No way should forrest be near this... give yang his chance and he will do it

TheHappyLoss and BhoyFitz like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Think Yang has looked far better on the left, as has Palma. Don’t know if it’d be helping Yang progress putting him on the right, also could be the making of him.

Comes down to what’s happening in training at that point. I’d be happy giving him that chance, but I think Rodgers will turn to Forrest.

4. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Oh feckin hope no m8

BhoyFitz likes this.
  5. Foley1888

We are now at the point of being a Kyogo injury for any length of time from disaster.

In terms of who takes his place I would rather he threw Tilio in out the cold than went with Forrest. He won’t but I have no idea where Tilio is in terms of being ready to play Premiership football in Scotland but I know Forrest as a starter is past his best.

Yang is the obvious candidate after his last couple of showings.

If Vata wasn’t desperate for a move I would say it’s time to throw him in and give him a go but it doesn’t sound like he will be here much longer so what’s the point.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  6. Big C

It’s strange, I think he is absolutely brutal but my first thought was I hope he’s back for the Huns game. Probably says more about their RB than our team.

7. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song
    Disastrous *.

8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t think we will miss him much for the majority of games as he can be pretty chronic in a lot of league games. He’s very important for the Euro and Rangers games though.

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just what we need. We need to be careful with Palma, unless Yang, MJ and Forrest can contribute some assists and goals.

10. Lewis Kerr

In just a few months our options on the wing have gone from:

Abada
    Maeda
    Jota
    Haksabanovic
    Forrest

to:

Forrest
    Yang
    Palma
    Mikey Johnston
    Tilio (?!)

Grim stuff. Remember when the likes of Borges, Podence and Tete were linked? :55:

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Injuries happen, I can remember Turnbull’s stint up top under Ange, when we had the two most reliable interchangeable strikers I’ve seen for us in GG and Kyogo, * even Ajeti was injured. It’s how we deal with it that’s important, we’ve faced one mental situation with 5/6 injured CB’s already, and emerged with Scales turning exceptional.

Situations like a lot of injured guys needing us to fully utilise the squad can be the making of guys at us, there’s been a good few really good players that have emerged for us as first team big players through situations like that.

Samaras and Mulgrew under Lenny Sammy Sunday, Ryan Christie at Murrayfield, Tony Ralston first season for Ange, * even Robson and Hartley getting paired together due to suspensions and injuries that won us the league. Every guy that has a chance to prove themselves now should be looking at Scales, with a surety they can do that if they back their own ability and mentality.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully we see Tilio, Yang or even Johnston get a run at it. Can’t be * with Forrest. Love the guy but he’s painfully ineffective. At least the others have the potential to provide a spark.

If he does go with Forrest though, it only underlines how poor the rest must be behind the scenes and how much work needs done in January.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    To be fair to Forrest, he's been ok when he's played this season.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Getting people to acknowledge that is impossible though, was hard enough when he was scoring 20 odd a season assisting double figures, never mind an older slower more contained tactical poacher of a Forrest.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've been a big fan of Jamesy over the years mate but he's never scored 20 in a season sadly. Had three seasons where he got 17, 17, then 16 though. Good return for a winger. Not sure about assist numbers.

16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Was the same last season aswell. Had a decent season overall whenever he was called upon.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah last season he showed he could still contribute. But admittedly I don't view him as a main starter for us any more. He seems reluctant to take a man on now, for example. I do wonder what level he'd be at if he avoided those two previous injuries that kept him out for ages.

Wllm likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Scoring a hat trick the first game brought back in to start that people were complaining about shut a lot up, and Ange quieted any further grumbles talking about his appreciation for him and at that point Ange was unquestionable. Because even things like questioning Forrest starting, he smashed a hat trick.

Right now the fanbase isn’t in the same sort of mindset, a very good and successful manager that a lot had spent years resentful as * about returned, and a bit of his magic and charisma is away because of that. We lost two of the people that made us worth watching in Ange and Jota, and we seemed to return to pre-Ange complacency in the transfer market.

Then since then the group that brings the atmosphere with them have been banned, with the club looking like they’re lying about the reasons why.

We’ve had horrific injuries in that period that makes it feel like we haven’t got the squad in the right place, and it might be true even with the injured guys back that as well. BR’s scraped success with sporadic good performances, and we’re due to lose our best players to the Asian Cup in January with faith in the club replacing them before its a problem non-existent.

All this is to point out, that anything will be picked at like a scab, and like picking a scab it won’t be helpful.

PaddyJamieson and Wllm like this.
  19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hit the nail on the head there :60:

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I was planning on just one or two wee reasons and needed to get it all out :56:

we’re a bunch of moany * at times, these are the good old days we’re living through, that we’ll be asked about when the cycle of success eventually turns against us for a while.

Wllm likes this.