1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Criticism of Peter Lawwell.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lion67, May 27, 2014.

Discuss Criticism of Peter Lawwell. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

What ye gonna do egg his house.:56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    amongst other things aye

still space in the van mate if u want us to pick ye up

callumrae1967 likes this.
  3. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Bang bro's?

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye go on then.

Let bring the Pyro so I can stick in his letterbox.

McKagan likes this.
  5. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Peter is definitely a Tory

6. Da-HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Fergus McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Foggy Dew
  7. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Dermot needs to come ask him what the * he’s playing at.

The same as he did after we lost the semi final.

seanm likes this.
  8. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Is it really all his fault?

I mean it's not his fault we haven't even thought of a potential Moussa replacement, that one will be on Rodgers and his team.

Lawwell gets all the blame, but Desmond has more power.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  9. aliceinsound

Doogs. likes this.
  10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    He should have left when he said that, thank * this could be the end of him

seanm likes this.
  11. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fergus McCann - the stadium, saving the club.
    O’Neill - Seville
    Jansen - Killing 10
    Larsson - KoK’s
    Stein - 67
    Rodgers - invincibles & Double Treble

They all have legacies.

Peter Lawwell - Balancing the books or

Peter Lawwell - Hotel Complex, Celtic Way & Amnesia-esque Disco lights

12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'm starting to calm down a bit. Truth is none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes. We don't really understand the business plan. As fans it only touches us on an emotional level. We're all calling for Pl head but truth to tell if we were sitting in 3 years time on 10 in a row with a possible triple treble, a big fancy hotel to accompany our fantastic pitch and disco lights we would be crowing big time. All that is possible and PL would be the man.

Perhaps there's a bigger picture here and Brendan is in on it or has now been brought up to speed on it. Perhaps it's going to make his job a little harder but he's a manager and he has to work for it like anyone else. If he's not prepared to take the rough with the smooth he shouldn't be the manager. We the fans have a rough idea of the script and will get behind the team irrespective of who's playing. We're following a dream and so far the team have achieved some amazing things or us. We need to back the team, the manager and PL.

We've been spoiled for a while by success but if we're being honest last season we still managed a treble while not being at our best. For me last season seemed a little bit flat because with expectancy came complacency. Dare I say a little boring. If I felt like that others must have too. Paradoxically while everyone and their dug we're wishing for us to fail it was only that seige mentality that kept me interested. We can't win forever even if we wanted to. It really would place a stranglehold on Scottish football and that wouldn't be healthy for football as a whole in Scotland nor would it be healthy for the brand. Sometimes whether we like it or not things need a shake up. I just wish they had waited until the 10 :56:

13. Tomas

Like it or not Lawell is doing the job that DD wants him to. If he wasn't then he'd be gone. His job is different to BR's, he has to balance all factors of running a multi million pound business. If he was to go, his replacement would be asked to do exactly the same and there are no guarantees of how that person would go about their business.
    We the fans are obviously only interested in what appears on the field of play, but with the constraints that our great club operate in financially, we have to be realistic too. The best players wage demands are beyond us, our market is not the same as EPL or some continental clubs. Lawell is one of the best CEO's in football. Players will come and then be sold for big money, that's our reality. Hail Hail

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not all his fault but as CEO and the custodian in charge of succession management he's failed in pretty much every important task this summer...and many before it too.

Don't fall into the trap of defending him. Even if we do by some good fortune manage to do those things, it will be largely in spite of him and not because of him.

He goes on about being a Celtic fan but no Celtic fan I know would time and time again hurt and hamstring their own club for the purpose of lining their own pocket. We put vast sums into the club year-on-year, sums some people or families struggle to afford; Lawwell puts nothing into the club but takes out plenty.

A leech, a parasite, a mercenary, whatever you want to call it.

He is the single biggest obstacle we need to overcome in order to achieve our potential.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  15. Darnok

With respect, you are talking *. No-one is asking for the best players, we don't even have a full squad at the moment: we have had defensive problems since VVD left, we have no cover for Brown, haven't replaced Armstrong or Roberts, and are about to sell our best striker with the other two currently injured, or a game away from being injured. All this while pulling in vast amounts of money from player sales and two CL campaigns which, apparently, we don't budget for. Where has all the money gone? If Celtic do not reinvest a percentage of their income back into the team, how long will they be a 'multi-million pound business' for?

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If we signed a quality right back, two centre half’s a holding centre mid then I would say it’s not his fault but it clearly is .

He has failed to back Rodgers and if we would have got the above players in, we could have qualified for the champions league and I bet Moussa would have stayed.

It’s * Lawwells fault

17. freitassen

Well said.

Some not so well off people put a very good sum of money info Celtic by buying season tickets, merchandising, bringing they children, to have some joy and fun from the club. It's foremost those people who are getting their money stolen. This is not a business like any other, they simply wont start watching another team if the product delivered to them is not good. The board knows it and use the fans as hostages.

Few other teams have the unglorious task of such a magnificent income, 40k+ bums in the seats every game, only needing to beat badly run and unambitious teams in the local league. In fact, in the way it is done now, it's very easy to manage Celtic financially: incomes on par with middle sized European clubs, but signings cheaper than some eastern european clubs do. We could and should be on par with Ajax and Porto.

To sum up, he is a thief, a clown, and possibly not so competent.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was the helm in one of the most succesfull periods in our history, thay will be a legacy.

19. Da-HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Fergus McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Foggy Dew
    When I die I want Peter Lawwell to lower my coffin, just so the * can let me down one last time :50:

Xatraps, littlekennie and sabzz1888 like this.
  20. v1-HailHail

Odds on a GB banner for auld Pete tonight?