1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. doctor venglos

This could be the start of a long dance of contract negotiations that sees Gordon leave for a tidy sum in the summer and Costil in the door.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He would be daft to leave just to sit on the bench.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Maybe he didn't get the assurances he was after. I think BR wants a new keeper, regardless of the improvement in Gordon's game.

If that's the case he would be better off on the Chelsea bench rather than ours.

packybhoy and Artorias like this.
  4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    But for double his wages? On a knee that's gone before?

He does seem the type that would want to play though.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Money isn't everything.

Artorias likes this.
  6. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He will be asking for silly money because he knows Chelsea are chasing him, if he wants too leave let him

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wouldn't want to lose him with the form he's shown this season.

8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Wouldn't be fussed if he goes , as long as we get a decent keeper in for Europe

I've naw played in goal for nearly 7 years an we would still coast the league wa me as no.1

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't necessarily want to lose him but if the choice was between him and Costil then it wouldn't be so bad.

10. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    If it was some unknown from the championship or a small foreign league I'd be totally against selling Gordon, but for a 29 yo French international on a free? Sorry Craigy it's been fun

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm of the same opinion.

I said in January that getting some sort of fee for Gordon and bringing in costil would be some bit of business. Rather than give Gordon a new deal worth 25k or so a week no doubt is rather offer Costil 30k and a good sign on fee. Keeper who is 5 year younger and arguably just as good.

I'm hoping those at the club are thinking the same.

12. GlenLoovens'LusciousLocks

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens the legend
    For the longest amount of time I've not been a huge fan of Craig Gordon. He's so prone to stupid errors (Passing the ball out from the back) Every single game, with confidence, you can bet on him squandering a pass that lands at an opposing players feet 20 yards from goal. Do it in the spfl, you get away with it, the CL is a different story. He'd get crucified for that. When interest from Chelsea came, i was astounded at how many want him to sign a new contract.Yes, he's a decent shot stopper, and thats it. A 2 year contract extension surely isnt the future for this young team? A replacement must come in the summer.

13. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I agree that cashing on on Gordon would be good business but I've got to say I haven't seen these errors your alluding to. I'd say his passing from the back and dinking it out to the wings or a man in the middle has been excellent and is one of the best parts of his game. It certainly wasn't plain sailing at first given how we've seen our keepers play pre-Rogers, but there was always going to be those kind of errors when trying to implement the style of play we now have where the keeper is as much responsible for keeping possession as anyone else on the pitch. It's came on leaps and bounds as far as Gordon is concerned.

14. GlenLoovens'LusciousLocks

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens the legend
    I do agree, his passing has improved recently (As it should be). Although, he's not good enough. Decent? Yes. With the ball at his feet, you never know what can happen, a lovely wee * in to KT's feet, or a sliced ball in to the oppositions attacking midfielders 25 yards from our goal. It has happened numerous times this season. IMO it's obvious that Brendan has told Craig to do this, to keep possession. All im concerned about are the UCL qualifiers when we're playing higher level teams, and players who are capable of lashing it in from 25 yards if the opportunity arises. A good spfl keeper, not sure we could say that when it comes to the champs league level.

15. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It does seem given the lack of movement on a new contract which has been talked about for a while now that if there's any remaining interest come the summer we should sell for what we can get and get someone else in asap. Even a couple of million is great business considering where he was when he signed and some of the performances we've had from him. Saying that, I wouldn't be against keeping him if he decides that's what he wants.

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Got 5 yards better in 15 minutes.:rolleyes:

Doing what the manager tells him is wrong??:97:

17. GlenLoovens'LusciousLocks

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens the legend
    He's not the right player to do the job. When he * it in the CL qualifiers, will that be enough to take your green tinted glasses off? He certainly * it against Astana? Both goals they scored were his fault, over the two games. Not good enough.

18. Cupid Stunt

Gordon is definitely one of the first team I think we could upgrade fairly easily. He has improved a lot this season but he's still an absolute bomb scare at times. If he gives the ball away in the qualifiers against anyone semi decent the way he does in the league he could cost us dearly.

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

* off, Gordon has been solid for months

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I think that since he's came back into the team after a few games out when DDV signed he's done well. Very wellin fact.

But he definitely has a mistake in him with the ball at his feet. Luckily we haven't been punished for it yet. A good few times he's given it away 25 yards from our goal, trying to be too fancy.

Cupid Stunt likes this.