1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Sutton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by gasrex, May 13, 2016.

Discuss Chris Sutton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Don't understand the backlash Sutton is getting, what he said about Griff is spot on, quality player with terrible attitude, I get he maybe gives Lennon an easier ride than he deserves, but his assessment of Griff is hard to argue against.

2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I totally agree...but it was uncalled for the other night and also as just about everyone else has stated...he was never critical of Lenny and the coaches which was the real problem the other night....not LG.

Garrymac1888, Pablo87 and Marty McFly like this.
  3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Because Leigh Griffiths was not the reason we were embarrassed by Sparta Prague. That's what he should have focused on.

Why he felt the need to give an "assessment" of LG, who actually gave a slightly positive 30 minutes of effort, when he should be commenting on the far more pressing issues about the manager, coaches and team as a whole is beyond me.

The arguments about Griff have been done to death now and post-match on Thursday was a bizarre time to revisit them.

4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Timing is everything, it wasnt about Griff at that moment it was about an abject performance with the team Lenny had assembled and the key questions about that.

I've given Griff pelters about his behaviour but if you dont understand why fans are unhappy with Suttons remarks and the timing of them, when we were all hurting, then * me with a hedgehog. That moment was about Lennon and Sutton shat in the mince rather that criticise his mate.

Pablo87 and Marty McFly like this.
  5. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I disagree its not about Griff at the moment, Griffs attitude is symptomatic of everything that's wrong at the club, good players not giving a *! I have been critical of lennon and think he should go, however good players shouldn't need a good manger to stop them going a stone overweight!

Sutton is mates with Lennon, and finds it more difficult to criticise him than other pundits will find it, I think that's pretty understandable, him pointing out that players are letting the manager and the club down, although not the full picture, is bang on the money.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Then you are a * deluded man if you think it's about Griffiths.

The manager sits and criticises his weight while he himself put two stone on during lockdown and fills his gums with that snus *.

Any leader in any field will tell you it's about leading with positive examples, the manager can't do that, yet his * chum feel its sufficient to chuck a guy who has hardly figured this year under a bus

Griffiths doesn't pick a woeful Brown, he didn't sign Duffy and continues to play him, he isnt the one that still doesn't know the tactics he wants to play, or the man who continues with a * like Ntcham.

Suttons treatment of Ronnie Diela was abhorrent, vicious and personal so * right off with the blaming Griffiths nonsense while Lenny doesn't get questioned.

Marty McFly likes this.
  7. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No respect for him after that horrible rant at Griff the other night he got so wound up because he knew Lennon had fkd up and didnt want to say it so he took it out on Griff the player that came on and scored

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Greizmann been subbed off in the Barca game (again) and is seen with his face tripping him and his feet on the back of a chair - how unprofessional and disrespectful to the club and the fans!!! I am sure Sutton, the pillar of professionalism and respect, will be up in arms and grassing him in to the Koeman and demanding 2 weeks wages!

Sutton still * me off today, if you hadn't noticed ha

littlekennie likes this.
  9. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    I'm no even surprised at his comments, usual old pals act in football.. unless yer Roy Keane, but even suton should've tried to be much more balanced there. Ex colleagues always trying to keep each other sweet incase they need a foot in the door, its archaic as *, as archaic as judging someones suitability for a job based on the team they grew up supporting.

10. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    There's nothing deluded about me, however comparing a manager putting on weight to a guy who is paid to be a professional athlete is ridiculous.

The points you make about lennons mistakes this season i agree with, and have posted the exact same things previously, however have nothing to do with the fact griffs lack of professionalism is not helping him or the club.

As I said first time around suttons friendship with lennon clouds his judgement on him (which i dont think is too hard understand) but doesn't mean what he has said about Griff isnt true.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He didn’t compare he used an example why no player would listen to Lennon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Bonobhoy

What did he say the other night? I turned off as the 4th fell over the line and havent really paid attention to anything in media/papers etc till today.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Him and Hartsons disdain for Griffiths comes from Lennon opening his mouth to them which I would like to add is totally out of order wouldn’t be surprised if Lenny was the leak by opening his mouth to his chums

Peej likes this.
  14. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    So none of the players who Rafa benitez has coached should have listened to him when it came to training since he's a bit of chubber who doesn't look to fit?

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s more about lifestyle choices Lennons a smoker and drinker

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate, Hartson has been nothing but supportive to Griff from what I've read/seen

Spring Time, Mince.Charming and cas79 like this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Scapegoating Griffiths is a pathetic and cowardly move.

18. dmccourt95

Big man was nearly in tears today talking about dementia on BT sport, it’s good to see the issue being discussed more often now

Peej likes this.
  19. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    100% big john is a champion for people with all kinds of issues since his own problems

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Marty McFly likes this.
  20. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Sutton always kicks people when there down, hes an arrogant * but will have a go at the apologists in the media which I do like, him as a person has always rubbed me the wrong way

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk