1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic's Record Transfers

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 14, 2013.

Discuss Celtic's Record Transfers in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Kanchelskis at £5.5million is a shocker too, thought he was old when he played for them, cant even mind him doing much either.

2. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's annoying we might never break our record transfer fee paid. But Cardiff have broke theirs threw times in one transfer window! :38:

3. murphy88

At least they got a World Class player who went on and helped them to win the Champions League and other trophies. The Huns had Flo :smiley-laughing002:

4. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I heard. Sheer stupidity. When just under £5 million is on the line you have to send someone over to watch him play a couple of games. You don't just take the video they send you at face value. Is so ridiculous now that it's funny(ish) :rolleyes: :52:

Thankfully. We've had some bad ones down the years but nothing close to that.

5. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    The Scheidt transfer has to be up their, in terms of blunders, with Fergies £7 million buying of Bebe, because Carloz Queroz (don't know his name - the old Man United coach), told him he was decent. Fergie never saw one clip of him.

Despite the fact the guy was homeless only months earlier and plyed his trade in a homeless league.

6. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We got a pretty gooe fee for Scott McDonald I always thought it was a lot lower. I still wouldn't have sold hika though.

7. wulliebad

Was there not something smelly about that deal.....something about king kenny and his agent or something....?????

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Was Scheidt even good or bad? we never even really seen him.

He had a good career in Brazil too playing hundreds of games for Gremio, Corinthians, Atletico Mineiro and Botafogo, who are all big clubs there.

Quite funny that probably our biggest ever flop, can count players like Larsson, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Juninho(Lyon) Ronaldinho, Lucio, Emerson, Cafu, Roberto Carlos and that as his ex team mates :56::56::56:

He captained Botafogo, won the Copa Libertadores, 2 Brazilian Cups, Brazilian League and was signed by Felipe Scolari ffs :56:

9. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Exactly. I don't think he was that bad. I just think he couldn't settle in to Scotland.

How many Brazilian players have their been in Britain as a whole, who fit in and play brilliantly - a handful at best? Nevermind bring a guy who doesn't speak English and plays the beautiful game to Scotland.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Shedit played in THIS Brazil team in a win over Argentina

Dida
    Cafu A.Carlos Scheidt R.Carlos
    Emerson Vampeta
    Ronaldinho Ze Roberto
    Rivaldo Ronaldo

:56: theres players who'd sell their granny for a chance to play with quality like that, yet mad Scheidt was seen as good enough. Romario even played in the same team as him once for Brazil.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  11. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    * sake you're really selling him to me :56: bring him back!

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He's only 37 :fear:

When people do that Best XI that they've played with on Sky Sports Fantasy Football Show thing.

Scheidt could choose from these players Dida, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio, Emerson Moravcik, Ze Roberto, Juninho P., Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Larsson, Jardel, Elber, Ronaldo, Romario and also the current Brazil striker Fred.

Imagine

Dida
    Cafu Lucio Scheidt R.Carlos
    Emerson
    Rivaldo Ronaldinho
    Larsson Romario Ronaldo

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  13. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

No, he was awful. He had a good game here and there.

He didn't have a good career. He bumbled around the league, going from club to club, filling a space. How he was ever made captain of Botafogo I will never know :56:

He hardly played when Gremio won the Copa Libertadores in 1995, the Brasileiro in 1996, the Recopa Sul-Americana or the first two of his three Campeonato Gaúcho's. He was always behind players like Roger, Adílson Batista and the two Paraguayans Catalino Rivarola and Francisco Arce in defence. When you look at his trophies you see he was in a good team.

He played when Corinthians won the Copa do Brasil and the Campeonato Paulista. Still, that's little compared to the glory days at Gremio.

I'm a bit suspicious of his Brazil caps to. He reminds me of a player called Léomar. Léomar played for Sport Recife but he wasn't anything like a stand out player. So to improve his value, Sports owner bribed the CBF to give him a few games in the national team to try and increase his value to unsuspecting Europeans. Both Scheidt and Léomar got their caps during the day of mega-corrupt Ricardo Teixeira. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that that's how Scheidt played 3 meaningless games.

14. murphy88

Brazil were handing out caps in friendlies all over the shop to average players to improve their transfer fee and get some money into the Brazilian League.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I suspect that Leandro Damiao gets a game because of that, he always looks pish when ive seen him but is always linked with big £15-20million moves to European teams.

16. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still annoys me why we froze Balde out the squad when he could have made a big difference to the defence

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, I still say we would have won 4 in a row if we played him. The amount of goals we lost by big floaty balls into our penalty area not being dealt with. Bobo would have eat them right up.

18. Glasgow_Bhoy88

How many record transfer nowadays will go on to manager their club??...prob just Lennon.

19. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye he was exactly what we were needing, infact it could be said we never really replaced him properly. Our CBs since 2009 have been sketchy

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Hmm, probably. I would still love a Bobo in our defence but you could say that about any of our really good players, Bobo was one of them.

We've since beaten the clean sheet record twice, so I wouldn't say sketchy.